The Babble

Al Green

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice flicks LARRY.

I just finished a biography on Johnson, which is why I knew he was gay. After reading the book, I have come to conclude that I should just simply presume that every guy who is involved in the arts is gay unless mentioned otherwise. It astounded me, the shear number of well known gay people mentioned in that book. Gay gay gay.

Paul Reid

paulreid1.jpg

Minotaur II, 2005

Oil on canvas

38 x 28 inches

paulreid3.jpg

Endymion, 2000

Oil on Canvas

42 x 54 inches

- Endymion was the son of Zeus. Selina, the goddess of Titan, thought he was so beautiful that she asked Zeus to put him to sleep forever so he would never leave her. He did. She visited him every night and they had 50 children together. (I think you can see what the painting is getting at)

paulreid4.jpg

Hermes and Argus, 2002

Oil on canvas

30.25 x 50.25 inches

paulreid2.jpg

Theseus and the Minotaur, 2006

Oil on canvas

48 x 54 inches

paulreid5.jpg

Pentheus, 2002

Oil on canvas

42 x 48 inches

- In Greek mythology, Pentheus was a king of Thebes, son of the strongest of the Spartes, Echion, and Agave, daughter of Cadmus, the founder of Thebes, and the goddess Harmonia.

Cadmus abdicated in favour of Pentheus because of old age. Pentheus banned the worship of Dionysus, the son of his aunt Semele, and did not allow the women of Cadmeia to join in his rites. Dionysus caused Pentheus' mother and his aunts, Ino and Agave, to rush to Mount Cithaeron in a bacchic frenzy. Because of this, Pentheus imprisoned them, but their chains fell off and the jail doors opened for them.

Dionysus then lured Pentheus out to spy on the bacchic rites. The daughters of Cadmus saw him in a tree and thought him to be a wild animal. Pentheus was pulled down and torn limb from limb by them (sparagmos), causing them to be exiled from Thebes. The name 'Pentheus', as Dionysus points out, means "'Man of Sorrows'; even his name destines him for tragedy.

(Wikipedia)

http://www.108fineart.com/artists/paul_reid/paul_reid.htm