Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cantbefaded

Super Computering

SAN MATEO, Calif. -- Affordable, high-quality, computer-based 3-D visualization of complex models and processes in real-time -- a technological "Holy Grail" for industries of every type -- is being made possible by ModViz, Inc., a new Silicon Valley startup whose software turns clusters of ordinary personal computers into super graphics engines.

ModViz's first product, Renderizer� Visualization Cluster Management Software, enables off-the-shelf PCs arrayed in clusters to produce exceptional high-end, real-time, interactive graphics that rival the output from much more expensive proprietary solutions. "Viz clusters" managed by Renderizer software are robust, reliable, and highly scalable to meet every visualization need. They can drive high-resolution displays, dramatic powerwalls, and emotion-stirring virtual-reality environments.

Renderizer software is already being used as a central component of prototypical, next-generation combat situation trainers. Early next year, ModViz's corporate customers in North America and Europe will be using Renderizer software to run demanding manufacturing and oil-industry visual applications on PC clusters. Renderizer-managed viz clusters will also be used with applications in the life sciences, architecture and construction, and for entertainment production.

Read the press release.

hey dhabz..

i'm not cool enough to talk to anymore?:mad:

bytheway..that article is kinda...

boring.:o

>>>> go find something else to do. Don't clap your braincell against the side of your head in here. I remember dhabz too. Ah memories.

wouldnt the apple g4 dual processor do the same???:confused:

Originally posted by CRAMPS

APPLE SUCKS!!!

obviously you havent done anything graphic intensive on one have you?

it doesn't matter whether i have or not it's an opinion of what i think of apple computers...

chill out man;)

Originally posted by Krook

it doesn't matter whether i have or not it's an opinion of what i think of apple computers...

chill out man;)

before you make opinions, make sure you know what your talking about. otherwise you sound ignorant, kinna like you do now.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this