Ghost .

humanshield

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MajorNumnuts

Excerpt from Ghost Ris interview

Stress magazine 1998 :

"... when i was smoking pcp it felt like my brains were dripping out my ears.

It was wild cause it was reflected in my pieces where one letter would drip into the next letter and bug out. I guess thats how i got my style. i did it fast and quick, not really caring how it came out. My thing was getting over and away, i did't have the patience to sit for twelve hours a day to perfect a letter. I see a lot of pieces like that and it's cool but not for me.

I just like doing it, getting it done and moving on. The truth is i rather bomb throwies and rock insides than anything else. Just cause i know someone hates it. Ha ha.

I guess nowadays i don't really write much. I'm too old and can't picture getting caught. it's real embarressing. Even though i'm always down when the time is right, it's like once a writer always a writer.

Deep down inside thats who i am."

The article featured some really cool wholecars and some seriously trippy drawings love his tag style really flowing.

no matter how on the dick people say i am but this is one of the illest quotes i ever read. speaking only as an eye-witness, ghost and all of the ris, aok, tnr, squad really epotimized writing. from their style to their attitudes towards writing. eternial props.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00336551f00000029.jpg'>

6 Packs with the fed saftey purple fillins, that actually took up the

whole car. photo taken between lines in the coney island yard summer 1988.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00336551f00000030.jpg'>

ghost and ven double decker thro ups on the J & M lines.

Photo at Marcy Ave. Station Spring 1988.

Originally posted by Nic Thamaire

great,thse comments are as preciosos as a bunch of flix..id like to c that nike diss everybody talks about..keep on crusher..peace

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00336551f00000031.jpg'>

make no mistake you voltures, this post is for nic who asked

about the ven part of this car, so i had to dig in the crates.

photo taken at my own personal bench: Woodhaven Blvd station on the J line 1988

niggas bite so hard

i see alot of flix on here that were bemflix.com excluses

namely them mone and ghost trucks. i know cause i scanned and edited them and they're the exact same flix......................

now they on everybodies and they momma's site.

so go ahead bite my styles if ya gotta but remember where they came from suckassssssssssssssssss

http://bemflix.com/webflix/trains/vintage/ghost.jpg'>

http://bemflix.com/webflix/trains/vintage/ghost_pack.jpg'>

http://bemflix.com/webflix/trains/vintage/ghost_ven_deph.jpg'>

don't chip a tooth or nuttin'''''''''

bem

Re: Stress interview 1998?

Originally posted by MajorNumnuts

Excerpt from Ghost Ris interview

Stress magazine 1998 :

"... when i was smoking pcp it felt like my brains were dripping out my ears.

It was wild cause it was reflected in my pieces where one letter would drip into the next letter and bug out. I guess thats how i got my style. i did it fast and quick, not really caring how it came out. My thing was getting over and away, i did't have the patience to sit for twelve hours a day to perfect a letter. I see a lot of pieces like that and it's cool but not for me.

I just like doing it, getting it done and moving on. The truth is i rather bomb throwies and rock insides than anything else. Just cause i know someone hates it. Ha ha.

I guess nowadays i don't really write much. I'm too old and can't picture getting caught. it's real embarressing. Even though i'm always down when the time is right, it's like once a writer always a writer.

Deep down inside thats who i am."

The article featured some really cool wholecars and some seriously trippy drawings love his tag style really flowing.

a scan of this article would be gladdly appreciated..

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

no matter how on the dick people say i am but this is one of the illest quotes i ever read. speaking only as an eye-witness, ghost and all of the ris, aok, tnr, squad really epotimized writing. from their style to their attitudes towards writing. eternial props.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00336551f00000029.jpg'>

6 Packs with the fed saftey purple fillins, that actually took up the

whole car. photo taken between lines in the coney island yard summer 1988.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00336551f00000030.jpg'>

ghost and ven double decker thro ups on the J & M lines.

Photo at Marcy Ave. Station Spring 1988.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00336551f00000031.jpg'>

make no mistake you voltures, this post is for nic who asked

about the ven part of this car, so i had to dig in the crates.

photo taken at my own personal bench: Woodhaven Blvd station on the J line 1988

thanx a lot,i really dig your addition Mr Zed,,

any background on this guy nike??

Re: niggas bite so hard

Originally posted by bemflix

namely them mone and ghost trucks. i know cause i scanned and edited them and they're the exact same flix......................

so go ahead bite my styles if ya gotta but remember where they came from suckassssssssssssssssss

bem

DONT MAKE ME BUST A CAPS NI99A!!!

BEMFLIX DONT PLAY SHHHHUUUUUNNNN!!

Originally posted by Nic Thamaire

thanx a lot,i really dig your addition Mr Zed,,

any background on this guy nike??

like the terminator said

"i have detailed files".

Nike was this big ass Chinese dude from Brooklyn, Bay Ridge I think. by big i mean yolked up, not fat. him and ven had beef for a while. one day they ran into each other on the platform, fought, squashed it and rocked a couple of cars together. Nike was prez of Destiny Crew (Destroying Every Subway Train In Nyw York).

A lot of these freight cats think they started something doing all these abstract unreadable styles, but Nike was on that shit like 20 years ago.

at least when he did it it was original and everybody wasnt copying it.

but whatever, im just a bitter old man. ya heard.

its funny that in the bem post the first poorly macroed flik is the same as the piece in the third flik, which also LOOK like mine but probably belong to Cavs.

its funny that in the bem post the first poorly macroed flik is the same as the piece in the third flik, which also LOOK like mine but probably belong to Cavs.

they could from cavs negs (i'm pretty sure they are)

but what does "poorly macroed flik"

i'm not familiar with the term "macroed"

bem

they could from cavs negs (i'm pretty sure they are)

but what does "poorly macroed flik"

i'm not familiar with the term "macroed"

bem

Ha-macroed probably isnt even a word. but when a photo is "macroed"

someone uses a macro zoom lense (or maybe its micro) to photograph a photo, thus creating negatives to a photo where the negs have been lost or just not available. some people have skills for macroing fliks. the right lense is required and the lighting is critical. some people have 0 skills on the macro tip, poor lighting, using a regular zoom lense etc. and sometimes people attempt to macro fliks that have already been macroed 2 or 3 times already, making like a 4th generation macro flik, which looks like the case in the first "sv Ghost" flik. every time a photo is macroed, it loses some clarity and color value. so thats why the first sv ghost (which looks like it was macroed from my flik, as my fliks were usually a lot closer than cavs's fliks cause i used an SLR camera) looks like a completely different piece than the third one, even though they are the same. dont get me wrong, i aint tryin to dis your photos, cause i got a handfull of macroed negs also, but the other 80 or 90 pages of subway negatives i have are all originals.

all this talk about old fliks is seriously tempting me to go home from work tonight and really turn this trick ass thread the fuck out. but i must ignore my urges. all i gotta say is keep ya eyes on them bookshelvs kiddies.

ZED LUV X

PHOTO FAG EXTRODINARE!

like the terminator said

"i have detailed files".

Nike was this big ass Chinese dude from Brooklyn, Bay Ridge I think. by big i mean yolked up, not fat. him and ven had beef for a while. one day they ran into each other on the platform, fought, squashed it and rocked a couple of cars together. Nike was prez of Destiny Crew (Destroying Every Subway Train In Nyw York).

A lot of these freight cats think they started something doing all these abstract unreadable styles, but Nike was on that shit like 20 years ago.

at least when he did it it was original and everybody wasnt copying it.

but whatever, im just a bitter old man. ya heard.

jump off,,an other tales from bayridge!!

Ok were all ears?

all this talk about old fliks is seriously tempting me to go home from work tonight and really turn this trick ass thread the fuck out. but i must ignore my urges. all i gotta say is keep ya eyes on them bookshelvs kiddies.

C'mon add some flicks you know you want to !

Bookshelfs please i'm intrigued tell us more you tease?

aight

yo zed it's all love.. i dont collect flix.

i barely have flix of my own shit. i own a digital camera so i have images stored on disk and cds. most of the time people bless me with they photo albums and i scan them. i envy niggas that were smart enough to take flix back in the days. i was just too young and dumb. bombin was all that was important to me. and who the fuck ever thought they would have cleaned up the MTA i seriously thought they would always be trains to bomb..........silly me

bem

bem

Found this a bit interesting. I'm not trying to start up any nonsense however I think people have the wrong idea when it comes to "stealing flicks. When you post something on the net, your offering it to people to do as they please. I have seen a GREAT deal of my PHOTOGRAPHS that I myself scanned and posted on 12oz and end up on a good amount of websites or reposted by other people, I know and accept that that will happen big deal. Point is, if you dont want people to have your flicks, then dont post them. And although your scanning/posting "styles" are commendable I dont think people are "biting" those styles. I mean, everyone got they own posting styles, I like that though.

Besides all that baa baa woof woof, This is a hot thread. GhostyGhost always does it right.

• 4 months later...

http://bemflix.com/webflix/trains/vintage/ghost.jpg'>

http://bemflix.com/webflix/trains/vintage/ghost_pack.jpg'>

http://bemflix.com/webflix/trains/vintage/ghost_ven_deph.jpg'>

bem [/QUOT

E]

yes sir we will remember where they came from,, that is, from GHOST, they guy who painted them,,after that theyre free range in this mans opinion,,, so thanks ghost , for providing us with fresh ass work to take pictures of!