GUNS

Nutonce

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NoamChomsky

Kabar,

what do you think of the M-4's with the rail system ,the ones that let you install a ghetto grip? did they have shit like that back in the old school corps? i've worked with it for a while now and feel it weighs down the weapon too much, of course for CQB it helps but not enough to warrant the pain in the ass the grip can be. Alot of other guys don't mind it though. I've finally gotten comfortable with my M-24 , a great weapon i think. I'm going to find out this week when my slot for sniper school is. They have us on all day stalking exercises, my whole bodies chewed up!

Originally posted by NoamChomsky

Kabar,

what do you think of the M-4's with the rail system ,the ones that let you install a ghetto grip? did they have shit like that back in the old school corps? i've worked with it for a while now and feel it weighs down the weapon too much, of course for CQB it helps but not enough to warrant the pain in the ass the grip can be. Alot of other guys don't mind it though. I've finally gotten comfortable with my M-24 , a great weapon i think. I'm going to find out this week when my slot for sniper school is. They have us on all day stalking exercises, my whole bodies chewed up!

if your talking about that grip in the front like in tears of the sun, i think its retarded. havent shot with one on yet, i dont think the air force uses them. bet itd feel really weird to shoot with i think. thats just my 2 cents though.

I got out of the Corps more than twenty years ago

Back then, Marines were still armed with the M-16A1 rifle (before the heavy-harrel modification and dial-in-your-dope rear sights.) The M-16A1 was an improvement over the original M-16 (chrome-lined barrel, different rate of twist) but it did not have the many options available today on the M-16A2 and the M-4. All of us bitched about the small caliber (5.56mm,) though. I don't know how valuable a forearm grip might be. Never used one, but I imagine it would be valuable in close-quarters fighting or MOUT situations. We trained in Combat Town at Camp Pendleton, as well as in old concrete foundations and fortifications near the NTA on Okinawa, but we just got our regular M-16A1's, the M-16A1/M-203 grenade launcher combination and the M-60 machinegun. I liked the M-203 40mm grenade launcher, but that 40mm grenade doesn't have enough range.

NOBODY liked the 7.62mm NATO M-60 machinegun, especially the armorers. It was a bitch to keep it running. I bet I spent half my Marine Corps enlistment fucking around with an M-60 that wouldn't shoot right. We all bitched and moaned that we needed the FN/ MAG-58, like the British Army had. Finally, after screwing around for twenty years, the Marine Corps finally cleared the MAG-58 for service, and designated it the M-240G. It is probably the best belt-fed machinegun ever invented. All I can say is "It fuckin' took them long enough!" The executives at Maremont (the manufacturers who built most of the Marine Corps M-60's) should be hung by their heels and beat with malfunctioning M-60 operating rods. Stupid motherfuckers. We're PAYING these assholes a zillion dollars of the taxpayer's money to build to build top-quality weapons, and they cash their checks and give us crap like the M-60.

We also did not have the FN/Minimi (called the M-249 by the Marine Corps.) That's another good new innovation. I've talked to several young Marines who were in the Marine Corps in the last five or six years, and they all loved the M-249. I've never fired one, but I'd love to shoot it. In the militia we shot a few machine guns, but most of them were old WWII machineguns (M-1919 in .30-06 caliber, and a German MG-42 in 8mm Mauser caliber, plus a few magazine-fed full-auto rifles like the HK91 (7.62mm NATO) and the MP5 submachinegun (9mm). They shot okay, but they aren't in the same class with something like the M-249.

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN. It don't last forever.

Re: I got out of the Corps more than twenty years ago

Originally posted by KaBar2

Back then, Marines were still armed with the M-16A1 rifle (before the heavy-harrel modification and dial-in-your-dope rear sights.) The M-16A1 was an improvement over the original M-16 (chrome-lined barrel, different rate of twist) but it did not have the many options available today on the M-16A2 and the M-4. All of us bitched about the small caliber (5.56mm,) though. I don't know how valuable a forearm grip might be. Never used one, but I imagine it would be valuable in close-quarters fighting or MOUT situations. We trained in Combat Town at Camp Pendleton, as well as in old concrete foundations and fortifications near the NTA on Okinawa, but we just got our regular M-16A1's, the M-16A1/M-203 grenade launcher combination and the M-60 machinegun. I liked the M-203 40mm grenade launcher, but that 40mm grenade doesn't have enough range.

NOBODY liked the 7.62mm NATO M-60 machinegun, especially the armorers. It was a bitch to keep it running. I bet I spent half my Marine Corps enlistment fucking around with an M-60 that wouldn't shoot right. We all bitched and moaned that we needed the FN/ MAG-58, like the British Army had. Finally, after screwing around for twenty years, the Marine Corps finally cleared the MAG-58 for service, and designated it the M-240G. It is probably the best belt-fed machinegun ever invented. All I can say is "It fuckin' took them long enough!" The executives at Maremont (the manufacturers who built most of the Marine Corps M-60's) should be hung by their heels and beat with malfunctioning M-60 operating rods. Stupid motherfuckers. We're PAYING these assholes a zillion dollars of the taxpayer's money to build to build top-quality weapons, and they cash their checks and give us crap like the M-60.

We also did not have the FN/Minimi (called the M-249 by the Marine Corps.) That's another good new innovation. I've talked to several young Marines who were in the Marine Corps in the last five or six years, and they all loved the M-249. I've never fired one, but I'd love to shoot it. In the militia we shot a few machine guns, but most of them were old WWII machineguns (M-1919 in .30-06 caliber, and a German MG-42 in 8mm Mauser caliber, plus a few magazine-fed full-auto rifles like the HK91 (7.62mm NATO) and the MP5 submachinegun (9mm). They shot okay, but they aren't in the same class with something like the M-249.

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN. It don't last forever.

did you ever get a chance to mess around with the M16A1/XM148? i shot one awhile back that the hommie has. i liked it. ive shot the SAW with my security forces hommie. i like that alot. MG-42 is really nice. o yeah i still think we shoulda kept the 7.62 round instead of changing to the 5.56. just my 2 cents.

http://www.redstone.army.mil/history/archives/missiles/army_family_missiles_02.jpg'>

There's an old missile base nearby my parents house that used to have these, I think they go by the name of "minuteman." Were they used for nuclear warheads?

But anyway, after they shut down the base they took one of these missiles, turned it into a dummy, and set it up right in the middle of a playground, where it still stands today. Talk about creepy...

I'm referring to the one on the far left.

Never heard of the XM148

An early version of the M-16A1 was called the XM16E1, we had a few rifles marked like that in our armory back in the late '70s. All the M-16A1's we had were worn-out rifles from Vietnam marked "U.S. Army", and I send a BUNCH of them to be repaired at 1st Fleet Service Support Group (FSSG) on Camp Pendleton. We had quite a few rifles when I first got there that had the old 3-prong flash suppressor and even a few with chromed bolts. The battalion went overseas to Okinawa in 1979 and we had to have all our weapons squared away before we shipped, so we went through this sort of crash program where we got all the defects taken care of in a very short period of time. Before we shipped to WestPac, all our rifles were either M-16A1's or were M-16's and XM16E1's that had been modified to meet Marine Corps specifications.

The average person doesn't realize what a FUCKING HASSLE it is to keep a military unit supplied with rifles that work.

Re: Never heard of the XM148

Originally posted by KaBar2

An early version of the M-16A1 was called the XM16E1, we had a few rifles marked like that in our armory back in the late '70s. All the M-16A1's we had were worn-out rifles from Vietnam marked "U.S. Army", and I send a BUNCH of them to be repaired at 1st Fleet Service Support Group (FSSG) on Camp Pendleton. We had quite a few rifles when I first got there that had the old 3-prong flash suppressor and even a few with chromed bolts. The battalion went overseas to Okinawa in 1979 and we had to have all our weapons squared away before we shipped, so we went through this sort of crash program where we got all the defects taken care of in a very short period of time. Before we shipped to WestPac, all our rifles were either M-16A1's or were M-16's and XM16E1's that had been modified to meet Marine Corps specifications.

The average person doesn't realize what a FUCKING HASSLE it is to keep a military unit supplied with rifles that work.

its the grenade launcher combo from vietnam.

Guest NoamChomsky

My M-4 has a front hand grip and tridium sites, which is a scope with a red laser dot for crosshairs. I love the tridium sites but like I said i just don't see the need for a ghetto grip. Delta guys we worked with swear by them but ranger objectives find us on the sides of mountains just as much as the streets of mogadishu, i just find it much easier with out the grip. The m-4's range is bullshit too. In iraq we also had guys with m-14's which was highly effective in most cases. Is us army sniper school as prestigious as marine scout sniper school to you guys? Ours is 6 weeks long. Attrition rate is high, and my co workers that went spoke well of it ,especially the harrassment shoot. I know the plight of armorers! They do alot of paperwork bullshit too, always the last guys to go home.

My M-4 has a front hand grip and tridium sites, which is a scope with a red laser dot for crosshairs. I love the tridium sites but like I said i just don't see the need for a ghetto grip. Delta guys we worked with swear by them but ranger objectives find us on the sides of mountains just as much as the streets of mogadishu, i just find it much easier with out the grip. The m-4's range is bullshit too. In iraq we also had guys with m-14's which was highly effective in most cases. Is us army sniper school as prestigious as marine scout sniper school to you guys? Ours is 6 weeks long. Attrition rate is high, and my co workers that went spoke well of it ,especially the harrassment shoot. I know the plight of armorers! They do alot of paperwork bullshit too, always the last guys to go home.

yeah im with you on the grip being bull shit. but me going any where except the range to shoot is highly improbable. im a computer person in the air force, so i sit in cold ass room full of computers, servers, and crypto equipment yay.

Guest NoamChomsky

We have combat controllers attached to us, they're pretty cool guys. Airforce has the best posts, I'm so jealous! Don't you guys have to start the new PT standards pretty soon? I read a blurb about it, you guys only have to run a mile and a half right? That's fair though because most AF guys have a different mission than us.

We have combat controllers attached to us, they're pretty cool guys. Airforce has the best posts, I'm so jealous! Don't you guys have to start the new PT standards pretty soon? I read a blurb about it, you guys only have to run a mile and a half right? That's fair though because most AF guys have a different mission than us.

yeah i think its gay that we werent switched to this earlier. i run everyday for warfit(i thought it was joke when they told me the name) for 3 miles and im a fuckin chimney. our basic is harder so ive heard or is getting. i triainend with combat controllers, para rescue and sear guys when i was in eod(explosive ordenece deisposal) those guys are hardcore.

Re: Re: Re: keep your hammer when renovating the hood !!

Originally posted by BIGBLUE

it's close enough for visual aid

depends, if your in the military like me, its no where near close for visual aid. shouldve used a m16a1 or a2. thats an m4 woohoo. were supposed to get those now, i think theyre still gay. i want an ak o well. im in a room of servers so i doubt il be killing people soon.

Originally posted by keep

i just fixed it... it was $700. its a Kimber pro carry II stainless with 2 highcap 14 round mags. its the best hand gun ive ever shot

ive only shot one, it was off the hizzy. i just never have an extra 700 laying around.

i think its worth it. im sending it in to there custom shop and having a brushed silver trigger put on it, and maybe a few other tweeks not sure yet. the one thing i definitly getting is a .22 conversion, .45 ammo is fucking expensive. i need to get my digican back from my sis so i can put some pics of my 10/22 on here. its got a custom stock, 32 power scope and alot of internal work done to it. looks straight sniper till you find out its only a 22

Archived