GUNS

Nutonce

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mr.yuck

I have no idea. I'm not that farmiliar with it. I just read an article on them about 4 months ago. I think they just have a few minor differences as far as the safety is concerned and like i said above. Got you're heart set on the colt, huh?

very. preferably an original 1911 gi model.

if anyone live around the Oklahoma City area Outdoor America is having a 50% off sale on all kinds of holsters. i got a tatical leg holster and shoulder holster for my Kimber for $50.

Originally posted by villain

If there's any place I can think of that you can find an original 1911 it would be Butterfield & Butterfield. It's a big ass gun auction that some gun dealers and collectors I was talking to use.

Shoot straight, aim true!

word thanks

Originally posted by rip

or instead of a SAR-1 get a SKS.

Ummm are you a retarded homo? SKS's dont have detachable magazines. When you load them you have to load them by hand or stripper clip. You wanna sit there and load bullet after bullet on your SKS while i have a MORE acurate AK, WITH detachable magazines (and 90 round drums at that) and you tell me to get a shitty SKS... lick the dick tip till it drip dry nigga, and learn your shit before you talk it.

More gun stuff

The Colt Government .45 is the old standby, but it has a certain number of drawbacks. It cannot be fired double action (i.e. fired by simply "pulling the trigger through") and has no decocker. It is pretty old technology, dating from around 1900. The original Colt .45 automatic was a different design. It's called the 1905 Model. After that, just prior to WWI, we got the Model 1911, and then modifications were made to the design to create the Model 1911A1.

There are scores of companies that make versions of the M1911A1. You can buy "kits" that contain everything but the receiver, and then buy the receiver through a gun shop and build your own pistol. You can buy books and videos that show how to build one. (I went to the U.S. Army Chemical & Ordnance School at Aberdeen, MD and became an MOS 2111 Infantry Small-arms Repairman when I was in the Marines.)

A better choice than the M-1911A1, unless you are a serious collector, would be the Colt M-1991A1, which sells wholesale for around $500. (For comparison, new Single Action Colt Army revolvers in caliber .45 Long Colt, .357 Mag or .44-40 are going for $1359 wholesale. )

You can get a Rock Island Armory Government M1911 for about $319 wholesale, and a wide-body , high-capacity, 14-shot Rock Island M1911 for about $399 wholesale.

There are a whole bunch of manufacturers of .45s.

BTW, the Argentine Colts that are marked M1929 are just regular Colts that were built on military contract for Argentina, and they are 100% interchangeable with regular U.S. Government Colt M1911A1's. The Mexican-produced Ballester-Molinas, however, are not. They look a lot like a Colt pistol, but the parts are not interchangeable. They shoot regular .45 ACP ammunition, though.

Originally posted by Sam Rothstein

Ummm are you a retarded homo? SKS's dont have detachable magazines. When you load them you have to load them by hand or stripper clip. You wanna sit there and load bullet after bullet on your SKS while i have a MORE acurate AK, WITH detachable magazines (and 90 round drums at that) and you tell me to get a shitty SKS... lick the dick tip till it drip dry nigga, and learn your shit before you talk it.

they do make detachable clips for the SKS. ive seen up to 50 round clips for them. you do have to break apart the trigger to get the factory 10 round off, but after that its just as easy as a AK to switch cclips. but an AK is alot better gun.

Re: More gun stuff

Originally posted by KaBar2

The Colt Government .45 is the old standby, but it has a certain number of drawbacks. It cannot be fired double action (i.e. fired by simply "pulling the trigger through") and has no decocker. It is pretty old technology, dating from around 1900. The original Colt .45 automatic was a different design. It's called the 1905 Model. After that, just prior to WWI, we got the Model 1911, and then modifications were made to the design to create the Model 1911A1.

There are scores of companies that make versions of the M1911A1. You can buy "kits" that contain everything but the receiver, and then buy the receiver through a gun shop and build your own pistol. You can buy books and videos that show how to build one. (I went to the U.S. Army Chemical & Ordnance School at Aberdeen, MD and became an MOS 2111 Infantry Small-arms Repairman when I was in the Marines.)

A better choice than the M-1911A1, unless you are a serious collector, would be the Colt M-1991A1, which sells wholesale for around $500. (For comparison, new Single Action Colt Army revolvers in caliber .45 Long Colt, .357 Mag or .44-40 are going for $1359 wholesale. )

You can get a Rock Island Armory Government M1911 for about $319 wholesale, and a wide-body , high-capacity, 14-shot Rock Island M1911 for about $399 wholesale.

There are a whole bunch of manufacturers of .45s.

BTW, the Argentine Colts that are marked M1929 are just regular Colts that were built on military contract for Argentina, and they are 100% interchangeable with regular U.S. Government Colt M1911A1's. The Mexican-produced Ballester-Molinas, however, are not. They look a lot like a Colt pistol, but the parts are not interchangeable. They shoot regular .45 ACP ammunition, though.

thanks man that helps me out. the argentina ones i saw on this website said they werent interchangalbe with colt parts. but you probably know more so il listen to you.lol.

Originally posted by Sam Rothstein

yeah agin you opend your mouth and stupidity spilled out (not sure when the first time was, but im sure its happend) so please be quite because your unknolegable.