One sketch

Sir Tag alot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wow, please practice, cuz that is horrible...

edit*

reasons why i think that... first off, it looks like a punch of random shit thrown together really sloppily. what the hell does it even say? Second, you should learn how to do 3D right... rememebr that all 3D lines must be the same length and paralell or all going to the same vanishing point, otherwise it looks off. Third, get some letter structure... it's pretty important.

sorry dude, that's no wildstyle.

Wildstyle is the result of years of letter study and practice. What you posted is chaos.

Start with simples.

Since many people dont take that advice, a simple usually consists of basic letter that use in many, but not all, parrallel lines, which may is some cases follow a curves pattern. That way you end up at some point with a full understanding of letter structure.

But no one takes that advice on this board.

Oh well.

^lol did you just ask where to learn 3D graffiti on the web? you gotta be kiddin man. Look, first off, what i said about perspective, learn hwo to do that correctly... i alreyad told you how to do it, so from what i said you should know how or from even some art teacher could teach you. Second thing... he said learn simples... well noone can teach you really, just practice. Practice is all you can do, take all the arrows and "wildstyle" shit off and just go simple. I know I wish I woulda done that a while back... I am jsut know learnin better styled simples, even though I got wildstyle pieces with letter structure, I wish I woulda taken the time to get other nice simple letter styles cuz it can look really ill just simple.

Anwyayz, just practice... you can't learn fomr the internet... just practice on ya own all the time or whenever you can, practice ya handstyles, and ya simples and throw ups and everythin, get an udnerstanding of letters and everything ya doin, then maybe try to do wildstyle.

Got it? Good... now go practice

AAAHH...THOSE WHO CANT DO... TEACH!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pd9b76736156f6b22cdc6c8396937cc15/fbf8f2fa.jpg'>

i alreyad told you how to do it, so from what i said you should know how or from even some art teacher could teach you. Second thing... he said learn simples... well noone can teach you really, just practice. Practice is all you can do, take all the arrows and "wildstyle" shit off and just go simple. I know I wish I woulda done that a while back... I am jsut know learnin better styled simples, even though I got wildstyle pieces with letter structure

LETTER STRUCTURE??

Yea, I have simple straight bar letters with some damn bends in them. That is letter structure and it's ledgeible... though maybe I'm wrong and instead of sayin I have none, tell me how I am lacking it either here or in my post cuz as of yet noone has told me i have no letter structure, with the exceptino of you Hecz.

.....first off,

I've also had my letter structure questioned before, so I guess I'd consider myself a lightweight authority on the subject.

Always develope your simples first.

these will take you to semi's and then wilds.

Strip your peice of all the arrows and connections and you should have a decent simple or semi underneath.

here's what I saw underneath your sketch.

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/strippedrica.jpg'>

If you can get these letters to flow and look decent while at this stage.

Then you'll be ready to add your extensions.

I would adjust the tracking and then work on developing letter tangents first.

peace.

ok thanks Got... I see some stuff I can fix up about those letters and gonna work on it from there.

edit* by adjust trackin you mean like the location of the letters next to each other? And what is the tangent thing ya talkin bout?

great advice got... thats exactly what these "rookies" should do. i dunno how else to explain amateurs...so im gonna call you guys rookies. but anyway it really is a nice way of looking at things by stipping all the connections and arrows from your pieces and looking at the simple letters underneath. thats how i learned. im still working on it tho... in any case, keep at it kiddos.

Originally posted by JayFo

edit* by adjust trackin you mean like the location of the letters next to each other? And what is the tangent thing ya talkin bout?

Yeah, tracking like in text. which is what graf essentially is.

Tangents are similarities in each letter. such as bends, serifs or extensions.

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/gotsemi.jpg'>

notice how the lowwer part of the 'G', the 'T' and the '1' have the same flow or structure.

A tangent would be a repetative shape or form.

And here's the wild, complete with doo-dads but minus 3D.

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/gotwild.jpg'>

Hope this helps.

i think.... i just shat myself in amazement. damn got.... very inspiring. haha its fun swingin on your nutsack. while youre here... still wanna help me and hit up my book? no worries if you cant......please please please please please!!!.....no worries.:o

Originally posted by DorkstaR

i think.... still wanna help me and hit up my book?

No doubt bro.

I got some promos due by next Friday so if you send it out before then, I can work on it after then.

I'll try to get it back to you within a week after next Saturday.

peace bro.

Re: .....first off,

Originally posted by GOTone

I've also had my letter structure questioned before, so I guess I'd consider myself a lightweight authority on the subject.

Always develope your simples first.

these will take you to semi's and then wilds.

Strip your peice of all the arrows and connections and you should have a decent simple or semi underneath.

here's what I saw underneath your sketch.

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/strippedrica.jpg'>

If you can get these letters to flow and look decent while at this stage.

Then you'll be ready to add your extensions.

I would adjust the tracking and then work on developing letter tangents first.

peace.

holy shit gotone, that whole post was helpful. thanks a lot:king:

yo i just wanna go ahead and say thank you to gotone and dork star for helping these kids... most whould have had no time with these kids..

and jayfo.. try to keep the aarows to like under 5 or so

let your letters be seen and not distracted by the background

its all about letters the arows are just to complement them

look at GOT's you know his shit is dope and he has what like 2 arows?

:D

Wow, please practice, cuz that is horrible... reasons why i think that... first off, it looks like a punch of random shit thrown together really sloppily. what the hell does it even say? Second, you should learn how to do 3D right... rememebr that all 3D lines must be the same length and paralell or all going to the same vanishing point, otherwise it looks off. Third, get some letter structure... it's pretty important.

practice what you preach homeboy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whatever im trying to post your shit.

Archived