friday the thirfreenth will astrology...rob

mental invalid

title by beardo hands

hey look, its raining!! again!!!

Free Will Astrology

horoscopes for week of June 12, 2003

Aries (March 21-April 19)

"People demand freedom of speech," said Norwegian philosopher Soren Kierkegaard, "as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use." I hope this smart-ass witticism gets you agitated, Aries. I hope it prods you to wonder whether maybe you sometimes let your mouth race ahead of your brain; whether maybe you're not as free from conventional wisdom as you imagine. Your energetic courage has propelled you halfway up the mountain; to get to the top you'll have to become more skilled at questioning your own assumptions.

Taurus (April 20-May 20)

Visualize your greatest fear. How much of it is based on a possibility that the dreaded experience could actually happen? What part of your foreboding, on the other hand, is fueled by your active imagination, your habitual propensity to worry, and the pervasive angst the media has infected you with? Once you've meditated on those questions, Taurus, try these prescriptions: In the next 24 hours, take one step to reduce the level of anxiety you've accepted as normal. Take another step to diminish the power of your greatest fear. The astrological omens say you'll receive unexpected help if you do these things.

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

You're a force of nature barely contained in your clothes, Gemini. You're elemental and irresistible; primordial yet playful. You're laughing like a river, dreaming like a volcano, and as surprising as a snowstorm on a summer day. You can talk the way the animals think. You remind me of a waterfall exuding fireworks. How could anyone not be drawn to you? How could anyone not feel a bit nervous while drinking in your unpredictable charisma? You're way over the top, and I like it very much.

Cancer (June 21-July 22)

Here's a friendly warning to keep in mind during these last few days of test and trials. It comes courtesy of German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche: "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." Would you like to avoid the fate he describes, Cancerian? (Say yes! Say yes!) All you have to do is relax with a heroic effort. Release every last ounce of tension and strain. Surrender, slacken, and slow down with a consuming passion for repose. And do not, under any circumstances, try too hard.

Leo (July 23-August 22)

"I have a dream," Martin Luther King, Jr. sang during his stirring speech at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. on August 28, 1963. "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal'…I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." To help get yourself into alignment with current astrological influences, Leo, read or listen to King's entire speech in the coming days. Let it inspire you to create your own personal "I have a dream" manifesto. It's high time you fantasized to the hilt about creating heaven on earth.

Virgo (August 23-September 22)

If an astrologer from the old school were writing this horoscope, he might tell you that now is an excellent time to advance your ambitions through gossipy manipulation. But since you and I are in the business of creating a new civilization based on values that feed the soul, my take on your imminent future is different. I say it's a perfect moment to engage in uplifting gossip that serves the greater good. I suggest that you praise unsung heroes and name everything that's working well. The irony is that for people like us, dissing people always hurts our ambitions. One of the best ways to enhance our own possibilities is to use our power of speech to promote others' chances for happiness and success.

Libra (September 23-October 22)

When I'm mountain-biking on the ridge, I usually stick to the relatively smooth parts of the dirt trails. Now and then, though, I head straight towards the most jagged bumps and deepest pits. It feels good to test my sense of balance so dramatically -- to have to make countless split-second adjustments as my bike rumbles over the rugged terrain. Far from being a hardship, the sensation is exhilarating. I do it on purpose because it's fun. From my analysis of the astrological omens, Libra, I reckon you're now in a phase comparable to the one I just described. May you enjoy every minute of the wild ride.

Scorpio (October 23-November 21)

Writing in Sky & Telescope magazine, Roy Gallant described how long it took for scientists to consider the evidence for meteorites. Until the 1800s, "the scientific community scoffed at those who believed stones fell from the heavens, though meteorites had been seen to fall and had been collected since ancient times by the Chinese and Egyptian…As stones continued to rain down from the sky, learned scientists explained them away as condensations of the atmosphere or concretions of volcanic dust." Let this be a cautionary tale for you, Scorpio. There's a certain truth you've been dead set against believing, let alone seeing, even though the evidence for it has been steadily growing. This week indisputable proof will come pouring in. Don't pretend it's not there.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

Do you have a muse? If not, get one as soon as possible. You shouldn't go another week without a mysterious, inspiring creature to drive you wonderfully crazy. If you do have a muse that is doing a fine job in service to your feisty spirit, reward him or her. Throw an exotic party in an unexpected location with vivacious revelers. Buy or make a surprising gift that has a muse-like effect on your muse. There is a third possibility: Maybe you have a muse that lately hasn't been whipping you into the kind of delightful frenzy you need to keep your soul healthy. If that's the case, go off on a retreat together and come up with a new plan.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19)

In her San Francisco Chronicle column, Leah Garchik reported an amazing fact about an outdoor concert hosted by famed tree-sitter Julia Butterfly Hill. The 10,000 people who attended left behind less than one dumpster's worth of trash, whereas a normal crowd that size would have filled ten dumpsters. I suggest you begin mastering this approach to waste production, Capricorn -- especially the psychic version of waste. That way, you will never again have to slog through the massive karmic clean-up you're having to endure right now.

Aquarius (January 20- February 18)

At a candy store last Easter, I heard a philosophical debate about Jesus-themed confections. "It's just not right to eat a symbol of God," one woman said as she gazed at a chocolate Christ on the cross. A man agreed: "It's sacrilegious. An abomination." An employee overheard and jumped in. "I'll ask my boss to take that stuff off the shelf," she clucked. I was tempted to say what I was thinking: "Hello?! The holiest ritual of Christian worship involves eating Christ's symbolic body and blood." But I held my tongue; I wasn't in the mood for a brouhaha. Now I can speak freely, though. Which is lucky for you, Aquarius, because here's the good news: You're at the peak of your capacity to blend sensual pleasure with spiritual inspiration. A great way to express that would be to feast upon a delicious embodiment of the god or goddess you love best.

Pisces (February 19-March 20)

Your first image of power comes from "Volcanoes," a poem by Susan Katz: "A man in his glass house, inside the heart of a blizzard, harvests roses." Let it console you, Pisces, whenever you feel the world around you is hostile or apathetic to the masterpiece that's quickening under your care. Your second image of power comes from poet Emily Dickinson. She said she always knew when she was reading a good poem because it made her feel like the top of her head was about to come off. As you nurture your masterpiece, Pisces, you'll know you're on the right track if now and then you have the sensation she described.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mental invalid

i really do miss the old 12oz.....

amen. and it's way before zz's time.

Aries: (March 21—April 19)

You never thought you'd laugh at the old pie-in-the-face gag again, but that was before they could accelerate pie to the speed of light.

Taurus: (April. 20—May 20)

The residents of Tulsa will make you pay for every dollar of damage you've caused, but they're not heartless, so they'll let you keep the bison.

Gemini: (May 21—June 21)

Your visit to the country will inspire the coining of a new folk saying, "Some days you calm the beast, some days you free the cowboy."

Cancer: (June 22—July 22)

Running for mayor might not seem too realistic, but just wait until they get a load of your new suit.

Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22)

From Thursday forward, your name will be mentioned every time flaming corn dogs rain down from the sky.

Virgo: (Aug. 23—Sept. 22)

There are, in fact, good and evil twins, but a greater range of moral choices is available to you as a sextuplet.

Libra: (Sept. 23—Oct. 23)

Just so you know, it isn't still called "running away from home" when you're 31.

Scorpio: (Oct. 24—Nov. 21)

Things will be back to normal in a couple weeks, but your current tick infestation is just the beginning.

Sagittarius: (Nov. 22—Dec. 21)

This week's smorgasbord of nudity and bullfighting will erase all remaining doubts about your ability to be a network TV programmer.

Capricorn: (Dec. 22—Jan. 19)

The prosecuting attorney will be ruthless, relentless, and efficient in exposing your crimes, but at one point you'll be able to see right down her blouse.

Aquarius: (Jan. 20—Feb. 18)

This week marks the four-year anniversary of your solemn oath to develop a lifestyle that is in no way influenced by Sandy Duncan.

Pisces: (Feb. 19—March 20)

You know that one day you'll have to tell your family you're not really a chicken, but for now they really need the eggs.

Guest Pilau Hands

"A man in his glass house, inside the heart of a blizzard, harvests roses."

coincidence? i think not

...Long ago, in the before time, the people who were friendly and got together to share information in good faith outnumbered those that came to spam and waste webspace. even the toys were light-hearted and danced around the Joker pieces without talking much shit

i can remember it well. can it be that it was all so simple then?

fart*

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Pilau Hands

...Long ago, in the before time, the people who were friendly and got together to share information in good faith outnumbered those that came to spam and waste webspace. even the toys were light-hearted and danced around the Joker pieces without talking much shit

and you could count on one hand the regular picture posters.

i gotta let this one sit a bit, these things are always fairly abstract

to me.

wassup roeski?

Browner, dammit, we need your cooperation - post more!

"You're at the peak of your capacity to blend sensual pleasure with spiritual inspiration. A great way to express that would be to feast upon a delicious embodiment of the god or goddess you love best. "

Weed, here I come.

Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22)

From Thursday forward, your name will be mentioned every time flaming corn dogs rain down from the sky.

now wtf is a flaming hot dog..and why is it falling from the sky?!..fellow leos,hear my call..

Guest WebsterUno

mine sounds pretty right on.

Things are coming at me left

and right, but Im such a smooth

playah, it dont even phase me.

I scratch dem shit off my balls

with my muthafuckin paws...

:)

a wild ride for me?? i guess this could be considered a wild ride..

mental invalid, what it called again when some charts say you're one sign and others say different? like me, sept. 23, some say libra and others say virgo. you told me once before but i forgot what it was.

Originally posted by crave

a wild ride for me?? i guess this could be considered a wild ride..

mental invalid, what it called again when some charts say you're one sign and others say different? like me, sept. 23, some say libra and others say virgo. you told me once before but i forgot what it was.

it means you're on the cusp (i think i spelled it right?)

it's some shit about being born during the rising of the libra moon..or something along those lines...but im no miss cleo.;)

Guest imported_Tesseract

yo, i just dont care about astrology anymore, the matrix is so much cooler...

whats up bro?

return a mail

Guest beardo

sept 23 has got to be the most important day on the calander. no joke. not only myself, but at least 6 people im familiar with are born on this date. welcome crave. (holler Z & SASQUATCH)

ive never noticed that different charts have 9-23 as different signs. then again, i dont follow this shit at all. so far as i know, ive always been pure libra. i do know its the fall solstace, wich is cool as hell. made me older than everyone else in my HS class.

i could buy spray paint my whole senior year for everyone :cool:

thanks for the welcome beardo.

for a long time i only saw libra too. but i had a girlfriend that was into it, and she's the one that showed me that some said one and others showed different. so i just started reading both and taking that they both applied, i didn't know. and still don't, really.

yea, i was older than everyone (almost) in my HS class too. and yes, it certainly did have its advantages.

Archived