veg food ideas

hellcouncil

need recommendations for ready-made or close-to-therein vegetarian food (read: not vegan, not disgusting) i can get that won't starve my wallet. i get back up to my college apt. soon. also, ideas for full meals that you can repeat without getting tired of would help. shit as simple as good fruit combos would help.

ps - i eat cheese, but sparingly.

------------------

bubble hard in the double R

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

pasta, pasta, and more pasta. I cant cook worth shit but pasta is a staple of my diet. you can do alot with pasta to keep from getting sick of it, just get creative. perhaps its not that "ready-made" but its relatively simple...

snack ramen yo, get the chilli flavor, its excellent. Get that jello pudding that you make yourself, comes in a little box, that stuff is of the chain, and its only 49 cents per box.

------------------

-¿êLî†Ê †WîŠ†Ý çņ¿-

fast and good

cous cous (instant) - 5min

vegetarian chili (canned) - 5min to heat up

mix together

u get carbs, protein and it's fast and healthy.

microwaved veggie burgers all types

fake deli meat. make sandwiches

ah there's so much to eat

------------------

high plains drifter

Get PIEROGIES!!!!!!!!! They're so damn good...they're made by Giorgio, and will be in the freezer section of your grocery if they're there. There's 12 in a box. Pierogies are big stuffed pasta thingies, you can get either potato and mushroom stuffed or there's also one with cheese and something...I'm vegan so I've only tried the potato and mushroom, but it's one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. You boil 'em till soft and then fry 'em up in a pan, with veggies & spices or whatever...sautee some veggies and put it all on maybe some brown rice or cous cous, and DAMN!!!! So scrumptious it's making my mouth water right now. I think I'm gonna go make some.

Oh, for protein, put some beans with it or maybe sautee some tofu with the veggies, that's good.

They're also good by themselves.

Also, vegan chili, made by Fantastic, in a tan-colored box...it's awesome. You just add tomatoes and beans and water, cook it up and DAMN!! again...I have family members who eat it and can't tell the difference between it and chili with meat. Get it.

And some good snacks:

With breakfast, or for quick breakfast on the run, get Nature Valley granola bars...I know the Maple Brown sugar is vegan, that's the only one I've tried, but there's others that are vegetarian (not vegan)... And these granola bars are pretty cheap.

And a good snack, it's vegan, I'm just gonna tell everyone so maybe vegans who don't know can see it, Little Debbie CAKE DONUTS. Cost 50 cents, a big donut, you can find 'em at some convenience stores, look for them, they're great. I know when I found out they were vegan I hadn't had a donut in about a year, so I was excited.

all badass ideas, thanks.

i'm going rice cooker shopping tomorrow, word on the streets is they're pretty inexpensive. rice and beans sounds good, so does pasta, so do those pasta packets that were mentioned. nothing beats good food cooked at home by momz though, from the old country

little debbie = sugar murder, but good

------------------

bubble hard in the double R

Originally posted by ubejinxed:

fast and good

cous cous (instant) - 5min

vegetarian chili (canned) - 5min to heat up

mix together

u get carbs, protein and it's fast and healthy.

microwaved veggie burgers all types

fake deli meat. make sandwiches

ah there's so much to eat

what's the brand of the chili? i live for chili, never heard of vegetarian chili, really. and i live in chili country, too.

silly chili, fa sho. chili.

Guest aymet one

Do you own a rice cooker? Beans and rice isn't that expensive and makes you real full real fast, while tasting pretty good. Go for mixing tropical fruits with more normal fruits, ie pineapple, peach chunks, bananna, apple. I'll have more later. Morningstar Farms stuff isn't THAT cheap but DAMN are they exquisite.

Archived