RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATE, AND THE JOB MARKET.

ETHREADZNY

To all you college grads, how long did it take you to find a job you were satisfied with? and prior to that, do you settle for a job working at a local franchise?

All I hear now is the Job Market sucks, I gues I will find out on my own.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i just graduated in may, and i havent had a single person call me back to even tell me to fuck off. shit sucks.

Guest im not witty

i have a BA in english. but i dont want to teach. so yea, lots of free time on my hands right now.

believe me, I'm no expert, but I think with a degree like that, you may be doing data entry for some corporation for a bit. My buddy got polisci, did data entry for an ad company, but he worked his way up and is now pimping the fresh gear. He's been taking fireman courses on the side, too.

Yeah I am willing to take what ever I can get. My original goal was to work towards my masters in social work, and work with runaways. But after much consideration and lots of student loans to pay back, I am think about taking classes at a tech institute, for some sort of trade.

learning a trade is actually a good idea. my boy is a carpenter and he makes more money and finds jobs way more easily than i do after 4 years of schooling. plus he doesn't have to sit in a cube and he makes his own hours.

i too am looking for a new job since i'm going to relocate to warmer climates and it's proving more difficult than first thought and i have 2+ years of experience.

i think you have a good idea learning a trade, but don't get stuck doing something you don't enhoy just because it pays the bills. i other words it's better to wait than to settle.

^ I can see myself getting burnt out early, I know that any tradework involves hardwork. But the payoff seems so much better. The may reason why a trade seems better, is like you said; the ablity to find a job. I dont now where I will be in a year, and not every place needs a counsler for runaways.

Archived