my VIRS collection

mr.VIRS

:confused: why do you people waste such time? why do you people bother argueing over something that is completely retarded in the first place. the fact that virs is getting graffiti legends to write his name for him is just.. ugh i cant find the word. for lack of a better word... lame. its lame, the point of getting a book is to get their art the way they do it. they should do their own name for themselves for you to look at. personally, (nothing againt you personally though virs i dont think your a bad person at all) i think this kid, even if its not intentional, is using these styles. ive seen him bounce from 2 or 3 different styles in like a week. when developing a style it should have influences from the previous stuff youve done, extensions in the same place, etc. to come up with completley different stuff out of nowhere as people start writing your name for you is a bit too obvious for me. im sorry but this whole thing is bogus, hes just getting ideas for his own work. but i must applaud you virs cuz they fell for your trap.. nice work i wish i could have zone sketches.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i read through this whole thread....

a couple things, Virs, it seems like you were getting bitchy because someone wasnt going to contribute to this thread earlier, calling them selfish and shit. You got someone to buy you a book, and got a bunch of people to hit it up for you, why are you whining? If they dont want to draw something for you, its okay...really it is, get over it...

and it was REALLY sweet of you guys to do all of this shit for him, i still dont understand why you guys did it, but it was really nice

save the drama....

Zone's a good cat who's willing to do a trade.

Personally I think he's just so in love with the art that

he'll do any word if it seems like he'd get some enjoyment out of it.

Same with all the people in here that are good. They just love to

do it and it really doesn't matter who it's for. The art is for art's sake.

Sure Virs might not yet deserve to have such interactions,

but why not? It's going to guarantee that he sticks with it for a

long time. He's getting an insight into things way beyond his skill level

and I'm sure it's only adding fuel to his fire. One day he might be back

in here helping out someone else, for art's sake.

[/rant]

*edit-typos

yeah, okay, i understand what you are saying

still seems to me like you expect every other writer on the board to feel sorry for you and send you something. No ones trying to create drama, and i dont even know the kid so how would i know whether he deserves this shit or not

Originally posted by Kilo7-

save the drama....

Zone's a good cat who's willing to do a trade.

Personally I think he's just so in love with the art that

he'll do any word if it seems like he'd some enjoyment our of it.

Same with all the people in here that are good. They just love to

do it and it really doesn't matter who it's for. The art is for art's sake.

Sure Virs might not yet deserve to have such interactions,

but why not? It's going to guarantee that he sticks with it for a

long time. He's getting an insight into things way beyond his skill level

and I'm sure it's only adding fuel on his fire. One day he might be back

in here helping out someone else, for art's sake.

[/rant]

now THOSE are words

alright

but im just restating what i know all of your mothers told you OR SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU when you were younger..."be happy you got anything in the first place" or "quit crying before i give you something to fucking cry about"...or something like that:p

virs.......... as i recall i didnt accidentally ad shit. your name was virus and you did stuff that said virus. you told me to write that. also.... notice how that piece sucks terribly. you think i acutally put effort into that. like every friggin 5 second you were asking me to do shit for you. i had to get you to back off somehow. i told you i did it like 5 times and stuff when i actually did that in 5 minutes. that was like a year ago anyhow.

ahha.... added the u by accident, shut up

Hah!

remember Kung Fu the tv series where that kid stood out in the rain with no food untill they let him or the dudes in Fight Club who had take all that abuse before they let him in?

That shit reminds me of Virs. lol.

Serious though, the kids got heart enough to keep tryin' without a super ego so I'm sure most headz can appreciate that and try to give him a helping hand once in awhile.

When I was a kid, My dude TITO from Brooklyn moved into my neighborhood. He lightweight mentored me while showing me how to write letters and draw characters.

Dude had FAT characters. I was on my own for the most part.

No big deal. That's just how it goes.

peace!

NO BETTER WORDS TO HOW KILO7 PUT THAT ISH!

GOT. CHECK YOUR MAILBOX ON TUESDAY NEXT WEEK FOR DORKS BOOK, IF THE TIMING AINT RIGHT JUS LEMME KNOW, I'LL HIT CHA UP LATER WITH IT!! IN THE MEAN TIME WHUT UP WITH ANY NEW SKETCHES YOU'VE DONE?

------------------------

virs.......... as i recall i didnt accidentally ad shit. your name was virus and you did stuff that said virus. you told me to write that. also.... notice how that piece sucks terribly. you think i acutally put effort into that. like every friggin 5 second you were asking me to do shit for you. i had to get you to back off somehow. i told you i did it like 5 times and stuff when i actually did that in 5 minutes. that was like a year ago anyhow.

ahha.... added the u by accident, shut up

----------------------

no its imposible u did that a year ago cuz i aint doing graffiti for a year and i only knew your ass 4 months ago so dont bull shit me and no i didnt tell you to do a virus i told you to do a virs you did a virus and i tild you "u fool i told you virs " and you said :"never mind i already outlined it " so shut the fuck up

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by sitonmysofer

ha your so immature

and you think virs deserves respect cuz he had no mentor? i had no mentor... one other kid hat graffed laughed at my shit and maid fun of me. yeah thats some guidance and look where i am now... really not that hard to get up without a mentor

No offense but I think that is the true words of someone being cocky. If he is immature then why reply back? What disapoints me is that I hate kids that talk to a kid online for a while as friends, then turn on him in a sec for the bandwagon of it for others for the cheap fame.

i agree with you... sorry about that. i was just trying to show that virus really isnt all that special just becuz he had no mentor. theres alot of people who dont.

virus just gets on my nerves sometimes because he asks for so much stuff for nothing. like damn the least you could do is trade.

sorry if i acted like an ass... i think stank3 can attest for me on this one, im definitly not cocky

who fucking cares? the people that did his name im sure are big kids and can pretty much do what the hell they want. i doubt anyones missing sleep because they drew his name.......as far as the whole mentor bullshit. kids these days have the internet.....'i didnt have a mentor'.....you have the internet. no it isnt exactly the same, but its a hell of a lot more than a lot of us had......regardless.....get over it.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

so does this mean chapter 1 is finished?

Only in my mind...someday I'll get motivated and put it on paper.

That is actually a very oversimplified example. I could go on all

day about that system...

And for the record I did an Izy piece in virs book. I put some

tips on letter structure and arrows on zone's bleed page...he

asked for some advice and he got it...

Also posted in the training bible...from Virs book

http://homepage.mac.com/izzyone/.Pictures/Piece%20Book%20Images/ize_inVirsbook.jpg'>

/ not too mention alot of heads on here were the ones that suggested he shorten the name, change it around and write VIRS.

whooopdy friggin doo time.

oh well, lots of good interpretations here dont need to bother rementioning names.

Archived