Jyce or Jice?

JayFo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

never heard of that guy, but you say that like jase? whatever, his shit any good? Maybe I'll check him out or somethin, but I am still the only Jyce I know of (or even Jice)... Jaice might be close, but it ain't the same :)

edit* but other than sayin somethin about some guy jaice... got anythin to say bout my stuff? either good or bad... criticism or not, just anythin. And same goes to anyone else...

I was never really complainin that much about ya simples. I just thought ya should work on ya simples and get ya letters better before doin 3D. I don't gotta have my normal shit mastered to tell ya that... but thanks for the comments and keep up ya graffiti... later.

And anymore comments by people are appreciated, that or criticism or shit tlak, whatever lol.

Also, so yall know, the simple straight ones I got are really meant to be rollers...

Originally posted by JayFo

I was never really complainin that much about ya simples. I just thought ya should work on ya simples and get ya letters better before doin 3D. I don't gotta have my normal shit mastered to tell ya that... but thanks for the comments and keep up ya graffiti... later.

And anymore comments by people are appreciated, that or criticism or shit tlak, whatever lol.

Also, so yall know, the simple straight ones I got are really meant to be rollers...

well i wasnt refering to you talking about my 3d but w/e..iv'e seen you in other threads and it's funny because how you talk about it it's like your the master of simples or something..i saw that jice throw and i thought it was just one of them "let me try something new" kind of things..but now i see that it's not and it's kinda funny..

Umm... I hardly ever talk in peopels posts, last time I tried sayin somethin to help was in your post and then in some guy ckit's post and that wans't about his eltters, that's about his 3D cuz it was way off.

Anywayz, don't know what else to say, sorry you thought I was the master of simples or somethin like... cuz I didn't mean to make it seem like that. But whatever... it's cool if you don't like my stuff or think it's funny, seems some other people kinda like it and as long as I know I'm improvin then it's all good.

Umm... I hardly ever talk in peopels posts, last time I tried sayin somethin to help was in your post and then in some guy ckit's post and that wans't about his eltters, that's about his 3D cuz it was way off.

Anywayz, don't know what else to say, sorry you thought I was the master of simples or somethin like... cuz I didn't mean to make it seem like that. But whatever... it's cool if you don't like my stuff or think it's funny, seems some other people kinda like it and as long as I know I'm improvin then it's all good.

nah i didn't mean it like that your shit is nice your pieces anyway other than that it's not..guess i just got the wrong idea..cool?:cool::hugs jayfo:

the piece that said rica... here it is colored... with my stupid colored pencils... :( I really need lots of differnet color prismas to make my shit look better when its colored and have more color choices. But whatever, I did what I could with what i have...

before...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pd9b76736156f6b22cdc6c8396937cc15/fbf8f2fa.jpg'>

after...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p5df70ef452c582ea85a224bd0da47d2e/fbf08e74.jpg'>

Well, I didn't bite any of my letters in the first blue one or in anythin I have here. And what are ya comparin em to anywayz? The shitty and messy pencil stuff I have? Well just kinda curious since you didn't finish ya sentence. Also any criticism other ya got would be appreciated...

oh ok that's cool... just so everyone knows. All the sketches you see on this page are all BRAND NEW styles i tried. So of course they aren't gonna be great, ya know? Only thing that isn't knew on the page is the first throw and the handstyle. I'm still tryin to come up with new stuff as well as make what i did on that sketch page better though.

The reaosn I'm tryin to start tryin new stuff and simple rollers and throwie stuff now is cuz I hardly did that up until now. I first started with crazy shit like most people do... then went simplier and then figured out i liked doin the striaght style and it was somethin I understood (like I don't understand some stuff people do, I just really couldn't think of it... the striaght style is easier for me). So i worked on that a bit and for the past few months been just scribblin hands at school and that is about it. I realized developin a good hand is harder than it looks... and still workin at it. But yea I started doin this stuff recently and wanna fool around with some new styles and also work on my pieces too i guess.

anywayz, sorry for the mad typin, but yea, I know my new sketchs on this page suck... but I dunno if yall try it, but try thinkin of totally brand new and all different styles one day... it ain't easy to make em look really great first try.

ok I'm just curious bout this... can someone tell me how the hell zone makes his shit stand out like this??

http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/exportImage.asp?s=cano&i=10189549&w=400&h=361'>

Does he use prismas? another kinda marker? what? Cuz I wanna get markers that can do that and stand out and look nice like that... cuz colored pencils i use suck. Just curious how him, got, izze and lots of others make their shit just stand out nicely. And if it is with prismas... is there any special way to use them, to make them look better? or do you color it like a normal marker and it jsut looks nice. I dunno, just wondering cuz I wanna get some good markers and not sure what to get.

ok I'm just curious bout this... can someone tell me how the hell zone makes his shit stand out like this??

http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/exportImage.asp?s=cano&i=10189549&w=400&h=361'>

Does he use prismas? another kinda marker? what? Cuz I wanna get markers that can do that and stand out and look nice like that... cuz colored pencils i use suck. Just curious how him, got, izze and lots of others make their shit just stand out nicely. And if it is with prismas... is there any special way to use them, to make them look better? or do you color it like a normal marker and it jsut looks nice. I dunno, just wondering cuz I wanna get some good markers and not sure what to get.

Few simple steps...

Use a thicker outline on your piece...

If you ouline in black use lighter colors for your fill. Then make sure your 3-d is a little darker or lighter than your piece to make it stand out.

Then use darker colors from a different end

of the color spectrum for your background.

You can use the prisma colored pencils on top

of prisma markers to smooth out and add fades or to make some colors brighter.

But basically, make it bolder and add CONTRAST.

^thanks for the advice, I'll definetly think about my color schemes more and use the ideas you gave me. I definetly need more colored pencils or markers in the first palce cuz i hardly have any colors.

Now that I get what ya sayin there, I'm look at zone's piece and it almost looks like it's painted on, ya know? It's like the colors are so vibrant and just stand out... so I'm curious what markers he used to do that. And does he color it once and maybe color a second time? I dunno, just curious bout that as well.

But thank you for the advice.

Also Bob Barker, the block letters, you mean the simple ones right? If ya do, yea... i'm gonan work on the block letters and throw ups. I really need to practice them and get some nice one jsut cuz I never really practice them. Once I get some neater ones drawn or new and better ones drawn, I'll post those.

Thanks for any comments added to this thread and anymore would be appreciated, good or bad, criticism or shit talk... whatever ya want. I really don't care if shit talk, if anyhtin it makes me wanna work harder at it....

MY ADVICE TO YOU IS ... "TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!!!"

Wow, please practice, cuz that is horrible...

edit*

reasons why i think that... first off, it looks like a punch of random shit thrown together really sloppily. what the hell does it even say? Second, you should learn how to do 3D right... rememebr that all 3D lines must be the same length and paralell or all going to the same vanishing point, otherwise it looks off. Third, get some letter structure... it's pretty important.

haha ya funny hecz... first off, I know how to do my 3D correctly, second off, I do have letter strucutre in the Rica piece and it is ledgible and not excessively wild (do not say anythin about the first Jice piece cuz that is very old and i know that it's too much extrea stuff, I cut it down in the Rica one). Now please, if you can tell me how I am wrong, then go ahead... but very creative, talkin what I say to someone that really has no letter structure, or no sense of perspective and turn it back on me. I am no where near very good, but I know what I write has letter structure and correct 3D.

Also I'd like to add, only thing I do agree with you on is that the messy pencil sketches are VERY messy and ugly. They were first tries at new styles from scratch and at the time I could have cared less about them bein messy. Usually I'll go for neater though, just look at the Rica piece.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm the shit when I try givin any advice, but I don't think I am... I know i ain't great, but I do have the basics of letter structure and 3D down and for the msot part try to keep my work neat.

Now Hecz, thank you for ya criticism, it's just gonna make me wanna try harder to "impress" you and others and prove ya wrong really. But I do have to disagree with takin the advice I gave to someone and givin it to myself.

your still doing it. Stop.

When your gonna make a throw - your pencil touches the paper for maybe like 2 to 5 seconds per letter. Yours look like maybe 10 - 15 seconds because your making like marks at at a time. YOu have to be 3 times faster then that. Get it right.

Archived