BAD BRAINS

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Bad Brains/Minor Threat thing is debateable, both were highly influential. Minor Threat were not the only ones doing the straight edge thing at the time but it definitely helped set them apart. And if Bad Brains were white dudes I don't think anyone would have paid them much attention.

how was flipper?

"how low can a punk get" all day!

I didn't see them then, but I saw them play for about 15 minutes last summer. They were all right, they finished the set with "Way Of The World" and the venue pulled the plug on them about 3/4 of the way through the song.

They're going to be playing a bunch of shows in Australia soon-

http://www.myspace.com/flipper

there were these three dudes wearing the same bad brains yellow t-shirt at the bar the other night. I guess urban outfitters must've come out with them or something, it was shameless. Anyway, some scenester dude kept coming up to them and asking them shit like "what does H.R. stand for?" and "name 3 bad brains songs."

I can't decide who was worse, the dudes in the matching shirts or the scene dude quizzing them.

BTW banned in DC is my shit

there were these three dudes wearing the same bad brains yellow t-shirt at the bar the other night. I guess urban outfitters must've come out with them or something, it was shameless. Anyway, some scenester dude kept coming up to them and asking them shit like "what does H.R. stand for?" and "name 3 bad brains songs."

I can't decide who was worse, the dudes in the matching shirts or the scene dude quizzing them.

BTW banned in DC is my shit

I hate when people do quizzing like that.

Isn't it enough to listen to the music? and support the band? Or do you have to know where every member was born and their moms maiden name?

bad brains were from the DC suburbs.

doesn't give much justification for the homophobia.

but hey, no one's perfect.

they also loved the junk until it ruined their band

so for what it's worth we got good music out of em while we could and fuck the rest

they were my first show, also the last show at The Rage here in bmore.

i was 12. :eek:

so, 20 years ago.

i recently saw the bad brains and hr solo on separate occasions in atlanta. the solo set was weird and kind of lame - but it was hr so i found it enjoyable for the most part. the whole band played pretty well - mostly stuff off of roir and i against i. definitely a good show.

as for them getting props for being not white is fucking laughable. they were one of the first bands to play that fast, before minor threat. and dudes who saw them say they were one of the best live bands ever in their prime - besides putting out some of the best and most influential records ever.

I think that Bad Brains/Minor Threat thing is debateable, both were highly influential. Minor Threat were not the only ones doing the straight edge thing at the time but it definitely helped set them apart. And if Bad Brains were white dudes I don't think anyone would have paid them much attention.

WHAT?!

that last statement gets the gassface. its never cool to be black. esp. back in the early 80's.

WHAT?!

that last statement gets the gassface. its never cool to be black. esp. back in the early 80's.

It's the truth. White boys playing hardcore, yes, but how many white boys get respect for playing reggae, preaching Jah, and wearing dreadlocks?

Archived