CIGARETTES ARE COOL

BeetNIK

"wake up this morning, and I'm 3 mins late for work....

-

-

drop my card in the slot, whose typewriter action noise i absolutely love, i feel like checking in like five times in a row right there. my audible "check in" type of fucking. it would be great...

so, I'm officially getting paid. sweet. My day of continual avoidance and procrastination begins. Well, not really. I'm actually a pretty motivated worker, i blame it on all the pretty colors and slutty secretaries.

-

Generally I'm pretty to myself at work, i dont talk too much to anybody, just enough so they think i am normal, like them. Particularly Christy and Suzi, the two women in their mid thirties that work closely with.

This may sound elitist or something, but I own them intelectually, i am ready for everythig they say and do. I know what songs on the radio they will sing every lyric to, and which ones they will bob their heads to. Their conversation about which songs they absolutely love and which movies they 'one day after work sometime' need to go out and see together, are ever-so predictable. Along with their attempts at clever sarcasm. I am ready for what they will say after i come into work, the next thing that happens that would be considered bad, no matter how small or insignificant, is a sign to them that today, like yesterday, the day before, and tommorow, is going to be, "one of those days where its just not worth getting outta bed"...

Christy and Suzi need each other. They would never be freinds outside of the workplace. They are one of the cliques at work, i like to call em 'the bad girls' because they say crude jokes about sex and smoke cigarettes. If one of them doesnt come into work, the other one is nervous and anxious all day because of the social dependency they have that relies on the the others presence. They both drink the newest variation of soda from an already classic flavor, right now its the orange color of mountain dew, or sprite remix. haha, remix....

Christy has a ten year old son, andrew, and a husband trained in computer engineering. Her husband pays for most of the stuff i can tell. She is probably two hundred and fifty pounds, wears white tennis shoes, with tall sweat socks pushed all the way back down to hear ankles. She has peircing up the side of her ears, i dont know how many, but they attract attention to her bad girl style. Her hair is always wavy, frizzy, and some some bad color that is faded and washed out. Oh yeah and the ten year old (literally) tie dye t-shirts are my favorite part of her wardrobe. I cant look at her for too long though, she has some weird thing going on with the melanin in her skin. She is unusually red/purpley colored, its not just in her face, but in her arms and legs too. It seems as if she is getting squeezed by somebody, and about to burst, it grosses me out.

Suzi, the 'badder' chick, has an ex husband whos and ex con, two girls, one 13, one 10, and a semi retired boyfreind that takes care of her kids. She grew up on the farm with all brothers, shes a tough lady. She likes to sport her daughters old jnco jeans and a test print shirt to work. She has chin length brunette dyed hair, a dark cyan colored barbell type of thing peirced in her right eyebrow, and and pink stud in her right nostril.......she is the badder chick.

Suzi is the leader of the two member clique. Wouldnt you guess such a thing? I mean she is the badder chick....

but Christy is the one who always agrees with Suzi, completely and absolutely with everything she says. If Christy doesn't strait up agree with her, she will tell a little story that shows her feelings on the matter. I feel like i am in middle school, following the winner of dodgeball on recess. Whats really ironic about the whole situation is that Suzi might end up killing Christy.

Because of their social dependency on each other Christy always follows Suzi touside for cigarette breaks, and smokes however many cigarettes she does. But Christy really needs to quit, she has had bad asthma since she was 3. Her doctor gives her prescription nicotine supplements so it will be easy for her to quit. But she keeps going back to the Basics...

So Christy will keep follwing Suzi outside, and they will keep smoking together, keep making fun of the same movies, and keep relying on each other. And keep dying together.

Isnt this why we all started smoking cigarettes for in the first place? Social reasons? You and your best freind would sneak a few cigarettes out of your uncles hard pack, and go outback and suck em up to be cool. It's weird how the world works like that. What really sucks though is that so many people are dying because of their social dependence. Its the nictotine that makes it feel good, but its the freinds that keep em doing it..."

i found this written in a public computer lab figured it would fit in well here, any thoughts?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah smoking is like soooo cool man.. i recently got into and i am up to 20 a day! its like wowa! now i am so popular in school

oh.. and not the mention all the fucin fruit cakes who dont mind there buisness when they see a 15 year old smokein in the middle of the street like its nothing

Yeah I liked that story. It had a deeper meaning besides the ciggarette smoke thing though.

The whole ciggarette thing is weird though. It seems like America is so obsessed with quitting smoking and abolishing it. Yet the rest of the world seems to go about smoking and thinking nothing of it. All cultures and countrys have smoked for thousands of years it seems like smoking tobbaco has become a trait of human life.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

America is so obsessed with quitting smoking and abolishing it. Yet the rest of the world seems to go about smoking and thinking nothing of it. All cultures and countrys have smoked for thousands of years it seems like smoking tobbaco has become a trait of human life.

They smoked tobacco, not cigarettes made by a billion dollar corporation with the intention of being addictive.

I'm known as a highly anti-social smoker, and the amount of flak I get from people around me for smoking should be more than enough to make any sane man quit. I smoked to get time to myself, not to go and chill with all the other smokers. Also I've always liked the taste of tobacco, but I've managed to not get hooked after 2 years. I simply quit for periods of 1 to 2 weeks whenever I feel like it, then start again. It's worked so far, but that's maybe because I never smoke more than 10 a day unless I'm really bored. Or unhappy.

Originally posted by Rectum

can everyone get over the whole "people smoke cigs only to be cool" thing...its quite old... if you think about it theres no point, the world would be a better place without all the pointless whining

I found this thing, I'm not complaining, but i pretty much agree with what its saying.

so why the fuck do you smoke ( if you do ) ? Im down with smoking tabacco, but cigarettes, especially in american and japanese culture is for the image..period.

phyne, yeah, ill be back in town in a month or so...

how bout no. unless it is projecting the image of me calming the fuck down so i dont kill someone half the time, then yes. pure image. i have a love hate relationship w/ smoking....its called an addiction and i hate to love it....i went up home to MA a month ago, ciggs are $5.65 a fucking pack. down where the rednecks live, theyre $2.70. jesus christ. i got an image to go project.....end transmission

I'm probably one of the few people who likes the taste of tobacco. 90% of people I know don't know I smoke... so I think it shoots the image thing out the window. Also I'm really conscious about smoking in front of people... I usually disappear to isolated locations to light up.

Originally posted by SleepAnDream

how bout no. unless it is projecting the image of me calming the fuck down so i dont kill someone half the time, then yes. pure image. i have a love hate relationship w/ smoking....its called an addiction and i hate to love it....i went up home to MA a month ago, ciggs are $5.65 a fucking pack. down where the rednecks live, theyre $2.70. jesus christ. i got an image to go project.....end transmission

ok so it is an addiction, i still think its stupid you need to rely on a drug to calm down. but let me ask you this, why did you start smoking? this goes for everbody.

i think if you really like the taste of tobacco you smoke cigars, not cigarettes...

my reasons for smoking

by Mr. Clean

1. it calms me the fuck down

2. its bomb as fuck when drunk/high, which i am most of the damn time

3. i enjoy the taste

4. its addicting. sweetly so.

5. i dont want to quit. have no desire to. if i did want to quit, do you think i'd be opening a pack as i type this?

go ahead, throw out the usual counter-points. i really dont care. :rolleyes:

i started smoking 4 years ago, as a freshman, because i wanted to. i liked the taste. i thought 'these things are fresh, they get you buzzed!' well, that doesn't happen much, if at all anymore, so whatever. still good times.

i smoke. i enjoy smoking to a certain degree but at the same time id like to stop. when i started it wasnt so much for image sake, it was more or less just something to do..i dunno. another reason id like to quit is because pt tests kick my ass sometimes. oh well.

to paraphrase mark twain....quiting smoking is easy, ive done it a thousand times.

on another note, i enjoy watching a woman smoke. watching a woman purse her lips to accept a cig and slowly inhale turns me on. im not really sure what it is, but i like it. also, ive found that women that smoke give better head than women that dont. im just generally speaking here, so please dont get it twisted.

i like those kids who are desperate to be cool, start smoking and talk about how addicted they are and are alwase like " i need to quit man, im gonna die hahahahaha" i gess they say that to act like they have been smoking for a long time when they havent.

i was with this one kid who "said he quit" but when we met up with some friends who were smoking he got all jumpy n shit, then he grabed a smoke and started to act "cool" i started laughing then i punched his neck and called him a poser. we all laughed at him and told him to quit trying to fit in. he went home and we didnt see him for a few days.

hes dumb:king:

the thing about it is, in most situations, it does make you look cool. ive tested this by accident, its true. but if you're really a hug nerd allready it will only make things worse. maybe. i dont really know im just like woo woo.

Originally posted by crave

what is a hug nerd??

a nerd what is huge. in their nerdiness. what i mean is if someone tries to smoke a cigarette to be cool but looks really akward and dumb doing it, it just makes it obvious they're doing it to look cool.