Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
????

ASKEW TMD-SUK (NEW ZEALAND)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sup every one, just got back from the Boost Mobile Hook Up tour, which is a national hip hop tour. I was the only writer on the road for the past 15 days.. here's a bit of what I did!

hookup1.jpg

hookup2.jpg

hookup3.jpg

hookup4.jpg

hookup5.jpg

hookup6.jpg

hookup7.jpg

hookup8.jpg

hookup9.jpg

hookup10.jpg

Guest willy.wonka

this guy is fresh.. he hits us with his 3d's and now he hits us up with funky fresh

Originally posted by shizzohope@May 1 2005, 10:41 PM

wtf if its not a sketch wat is it..i dont get the picture....

Oh yeah its on a wall, its just a real bright day so the wall looks white as.. but yeah its painted up high as and just pops out over a fence of a carpark...

Wow, I shouldnt have slept on this thread.

Some of this shit is bonkers.

Jesus christ on a rowboat, askew is nuts.

much props to you askew, obviously everyones told you how much you rock but that doesnt get old does it.

big ups.

Originally posted by Askew SUK+Feb 7 2005, 07:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Askew SUK - Feb 7 2005, 07:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-snob@Feb 7 2005, 07:00 AM

has anyone heard of foreign beggars thez have an album caled asylum speakers worth listening too.

jehst is heavy but his last album didnt compare too high plains. askew dizzee is more garage...but recently hes trying to put his name in the hip hop scene...personally i think he's taking the wrong moves towards it. ive been listening to a bit of portuguese production from a guy called sam the kid....it rocks!

hahaha.. thanks guys.. I never actually said I was a fan of Dizee, just that he's kinda mainstream and brought more attention to UK stuff out here.. excuse my ignorance though, I can only comment on what makes it here and that until recently hasn't been much! haha.. But I saw Roots Manuva live and he was really good.. also a cat called Mystro performed at the trans tasman MC battle and he had a great live presence, haven't heard his recorded stuff yet only what he did on a local guy P Moneys latest album...

Anyway, thanks again, will try to get some more flics up soon as.. been a bit snowed under at wrk right now but feeling the need to vent!

Pz

[/b]

yeah mystro has an lp out music mystro, on low life obviously. one of the freshest mc's in

uk at the moment. some tight tracks featuring braintax as well. get your hands on it if you

can. was a litlle hard to find here in Aus, don't know about in NZ. Black and Orange cover.

hey every one.. shot for the positive feedback..

here's a couple more walls from the tour as well:

hookupchchjoin.jpg

Christchurch, with Fiasko, Ikarus and Dcypher.

dudscityhookup.jpg

with Fiasko in Dunedin.

wow that must have been some tour!

Really digging what you've moved your pieces into!

like the progressions from 3d to phunkiness rather than the other way round as many do!

haha.. shot.

Here's some recent shit.. some flics are lightboxes I did for my current solo show. also a wall with Fiasko and deus and some quick throw ups as well.

lightboxes1.jpg

lightboxes2.jpg

lightboxes3.jpg

4thelementwall.jpg

faskewthrows.jpg

Guest Tikriminal

how are you doing those lightboxes? are they painted on or printed?

Originally posted by Tikriminal@Jun 14 2005, 11:06 PM

how are you doing those lightboxes? are they painted on or printed?

they are drawn as paths in Illustrator and output to a vinyl cutter.. Crave DFH did all the vinyl stuff for me which was dope. he did a mean job.