ASKEW TMD-SUK (NEW ZEALAND)

????

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seeking@Dec 30 2004, 03:31 PM

dude is real slick.

seeing someone who's as young as he is, with as much fame as he does, but still open to criticism is nice. in the world of overnight kings it's a rare thing.

aaaw.. shucks guys...haha.

Here's another canvas and a piece for the New Year...Have a safe one everybody!

askeypink.jpg

askewnewyear.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

sup every one.. just got back fro Waiheke Island.. got cooked and dropped this piece with Deus at a festival there.. an awesome day.. hey to answer some questions..I haven't done 3D piece in over a year.. I just feel like I've gone as far as I need to for now with that.. it's time just to do some funky stuff with a lot of attention spent on my outlines...cos some of my older peices were way more technique than style.. disruptiv.come is being relaunched real soon so you can peep work there, as well as see what else we are doing with our magazine, gallery and other stuff.. even my music as well (I MC on the side...) so yeah..choice one!

waiheke2005.jpg

been a big fan of yours since i seen a wall in melbourne at prahran with puzle dens reach not to sure about who was there but any how nice thread and dope canvases nice to see the newer styles for a while there i thought you were just a 3d writer i can see from your responses a couple of pages back that you know your shit i dont know if it is just my observation but i can see a little bit of smash and atom in the new stuff you are doing do you think you are kicking these sorts of styles because of the internationals you chill with????

Originally posted by MkaRats.....@Jan 29 2005, 02:09 PM

been a big fan of yours since i seen a wall in melbourne at prahran with puzle dens reach not to sure about who was there but any how nice thread and dope canvases nice to see the newer styles for a while there i thought you were just a 3d writer i can see from your responses a couple of pages back that you know your shit i dont know if it is just my observation but i can see a little bit of smash and atom in the new stuff you are doing do you think you are kicking these sorts of styles because of the internationals you chill with????

hey thanks man... Yeah that was a cool time over in Melbourne. I came over with Misery, Opto and Loomit just after the first Disrupt The System event I organised.

No doubt, things have changed heaps with me style wise and Atom, Wow and Can two had a lot of influence on me.. After doing a few walls with them in my 3D style, I noticed how little impact my pieces were having once photographed and the join up made.. like there was all this tricky detail and it was getting lost in the main medium that people would end up viewing it. Plus I re-evaluated what I actually liked in graffiti and my tastes over the years have gone way more to this side of things.. Other writers that have influenced me are Sens, Gasp aka Drugs and Hello, and definitely Smash is really fucking good!

Pz!

man props askew...

fucking dope shit...

ive noticed now with your new style your flowing to more colourful bright colours instead of the browns and duller colours you were using on 3ds...

is this on purpose or to make it match your style or did it just happen...

Thanks for all the feedback people..

RogerDee:

Yeah I noticed tha change in colours too.. Hmm, I don't know eh, it's just happened.. but I have been thinking a lot more about my colours nowadays than I used to..Like actually taking my time....

MkaRats:

Yeah Sens is the mantis.. Melbourne defintely changed his approach to painting, and then since he's come back to NZ he's evolved even more in that direction.. He works a lot with me on the magazine (Disrupt) as well.. he's a very talented illustrator so look out for that work.. infact he did the last cover for us..

abc123:

haha! yeah I guess once you get the gallery's comission on there and everything the prices can end up being quite steep.. but yo, we've been getting those sorta proces for our work over here eh.. It's good times in NZ I tells ya!

Snob:

Yeah I have been following the UK scene for quite a while eh, man it's so come into it's own with it's sound.. I guess cats like Rodney P, Roots Manuva, Task Force and more recently Dizzee Rascal have really led UK hip hop out into the greater arena and there are too many great undergrounds acts to name now... I love how the UK sound has It's own influences too like the dancehall and garage sound.. It takes some getting used to for outsiders wit all the unique slang and shit, but I love it!

Thanks for all the feedback people..

RogerDee:

Yeah I noticed tha change in colours too.. Hmm, I don't know eh, it's just happened.. but I have been thinking a lot more about my colours nowadays than I used to..Like actually taking my time....

MkaRats:

Yeah Sens is the mantis.. Melbourne defintely changed his approach to painting, and then since he's come back to NZ he's evolved even more in that direction.. He works a lot with me on the magazine (Disrupt) as well.. he's a very talented illustrator so look out for that work.. infact he did the last cover for us..

abc123:

haha! yeah I guess once you get the gallery's comission on there and everything the prices can end up being quite steep.. but yo, we've been getting those sorta proces for our work over here eh.. It's good times in NZ I tells ya!

Snob:

Yeah I have been following the UK scene for quite a while eh, man it's so come into it's own with it's sound.. I guess cats like Rodney P, Roots Manuva, Task Force and more recently Dizzee Rascal have really led UK hip hop out into the greater arena and there are too many great undergrounds acts to name now... I love how the UK sound has It's own influences too like the dancehall and garage sound.. It takes some getting used to for outsiders wit all the unique slang and shit, but I love it!

don't take this the wrong way, but the impression I get looking at your work

is you were into art more than graffiti and understanding of the letter

...but now you have began understanding

what graffiti, the letter, and foundation are....

and it is very refreshing to see

those "technical letters" or 3d or whatever they may be labeled might be stunning as art,

but it doesn't say alot....those pieces your spitting now do....

again, keep it going, nice work

Originally posted by beatupjettapainter@Feb 5 2005, 04:39 AM

those "technical letters" or 3d or whatever they may be labeled might be stunning as art,

Yeah I think you are definitely on the money there.. I would consider that I spent a lot of years as an artist working in aerosol before I was struck with a real understanding of letters... I'm a little remorseful infact for that but on the other hand it's never too late for enlightenment..haha.

Hey allcityrocker... hit me up via email or a PM for Truce Lee's contacts.. I got 'em...

peace!

Originally posted by Askew SUK+Feb 5 2005, 09:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Askew SUK - Feb 5 2005, 09:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-beatupjettapainter@Feb 5 2005, 04:39 AM

Yeah I think you are definitely on the money there.. I would consider that I spent a lot of years as an artist working in aerosol before I was struck with a real understanding of letters... I'm a little remorseful infact for that but on the other hand it's never too late for enlightenment..haha.

Hey allcityrocker... hit me up via email or a PM for Truce Lee's contacts.. I got 'em...

peace!

[/b]

Askew man keeep it up im luvin the nz promotion :p err i wish people could see that tmd.suk spraycan emptiness in real life cos that shit just too detailed off the hook fuken fresh ay.. peace props

Archived