brutal killing high on meth (alabama)

casekonly

Sheriff: Father Kills 3 Children, Pets, Himself

Triple Murder-Suicide Follows Another Unrelated Killing In Area

UPDATED: 3:48 p.m. CDT June 1, 2003

GADSDEN, Ala. -- An Alabama man fatally stabbed his three young children, killed the family pets, and then hanged himself in apparent anger over plans for a divorce, the sheriff says.

William Eric Krost, 36, was found dead by his wife Wendy at about 7:30 a.m. Saturday after she returned home from a night out with friends, said Etowah County Sheriff James Hayes.

When investigators arrived, they found the couple's children, 10-year-old Brandon, 8-year-old Ashley and 4-year-old Katherine, dead in their beds, he said. The mother initially thought they were only sleeping.

"In my 31 years of law enforcement, I've never seen a more gruesome crime scene against children than I saw today," Hayes told The Gadsden Times. "I hope I never have to see another one like this."

Krost also decapitated all six family pets -- two dogs, three cats and an albino boa constrictor, Hayes said

The couple, married 15 years, were having marital problems and discussing divorce, Hayes said.

Hayes said the investigation indicated that Krost was not mad at his children.

"He just wanted to take away from his wife everything she had ever cared for," the sheriff said.

Investigators found a hourlong tape recording made by Krost that says he didn't want his wife to have the children. Hayes said the tape was left for his wife to find.

Hayes said that the deaths appeared to be related to use of crystal methamphetamine, but declined further comment on that possibility.

The deaths in the Tabor community north of Gadsden came just a week after an unrelated case in which a Gadsden couple and their young daughter were murdered over the Memorial Day weekend.

Police said Savannah Martin, 8, was found in her bed and the parents, Charles James Martin III, 38; Melinda Martin, 31; were found in the blood-spattered kitchen. Someone also had tried to set the house on fire either before or after the stabbings, investigators said.

Police on Saturday charged Michael Wayne Reynolds, 30, with capital murder and have interviewed at least one other person in connection with the killings.

Gadsden police Capt. Jeff Wright said Reynolds was "acquainted" with the Martins, but would not comment further on how they knew each other.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man, i lived in alabama for awhile..meth is rampant among white trash, redneck types....it's sad. they get so blown off that shit, and then they stay up for days, which adds to the psychosis...it's nuts...feds fault...they tried to fuck up the hippies with it back in the 60's and it spread everywhere because of the hells angels

or is that vice versa????

man fuck that guy...i feel sorry for his wife too..that guys the kinda person i couldnt feel sorry for no matter what....but now hes dead so theres nothing anyone can do...and meth is a problem everywhere pretty much not just in hick towns and shit

WOW..I FEEL FOR THE KIDS,THE WIFE GETS NO LOVE FROM ME SHE WAS OUT TRIKIN THE FATHER GOT METHED UP AND HIS MIND LED HIM TO DO SICK SHIT..MAYBE IN HIS MIND THAT WAS ALL UNREAL,YOU NEVER KNOW..ITHER WAY WHAT HAPPEND HAPPEND,CAN'T TAKE IT BACK,SORRY IF I'M BEING IGNORANT RIGHT NOW BUT THATS JUST HOW I FEEL..SHE FUCKED UP HE FUCKED UP..THATS SO RED DRAGON...I SAID SO..WOW..THIS WORL IS GOING TO SHIT..

yeah i have a friend who started when she was 14 and quit when she was 16. i know she still craves that shit because she talks about it all the time. the only reason she quit was because her boyfriend/dealer went to prison and she couldn't get it anymore.

Archived