SATELLITE GUIDED RAIL CAR???

Guest GUILTY COUNTY

Guest GUILTY COUNTY

yesterday one of those BNSF white flatside refers with the icecikles at the top came threw the yard...those never ever have been layed up here...kinda weird, but anyways on the side end it said ....this rail car is satellite guided...is this like a gps system??? and why would you need this??? anyone?? cracked??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its so they can charge more for all the complicated "satellite guidance".

they have gps locators on them so they can keep tabs of the shipments more precisely. Those cars are used for the most time-sensitive food shipments, from coast to coast. When a customer calls up and says "hey, wheres my carrots at?" they dont have to go on the regular tracing results, they can give an EXACT location, and probably some other info about the condition of the freezer on the car, to ensure that its still working. Thats all.

this has nothing to do with satellite guided cars...

but my yard has recently put up signs saying (at least to the effect of) "remote control locomotives used here. because of this there arent always engineers inside of the locomotives"

i thought i would share.

rcl's

a chicken shit way of saving money!!!clearly shows that they are not aware of what us workers do out in the yards.most of all of up's yards will have these operating their switch engines.thus operating the yards! there are cameras out there as well!-you just might not know it.

trespassers beware....:lick:

Re: rcl's

Originally posted by rollinaround

a chicken shit way of saving money!!!clearly shows that they are not aware of what us workers do out in the yards.most of all of up's yards will have these operating their switch engines.thus operating the yards! there are cameras out there as well!-you just might not know it.

trespassers beware....:lick:

i paint deep in the yard where, unless mounted to a bush, no camera dares go.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived