Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KaBar

ALTAMONT PRESS RULES

Those of you who have purchased Altamont Press railroad timetables for different areas of the United States already know how cool they are. I bought a Texas Region timetable today. VERY VERY COOL. It has maximum speeds posted, the mile post marker of various junctions, spurs, sidetracks, etc. It has the stations listed, along with their CP number, the operating rules under which that section of track operates, siding lengths in yards (Hello! Graff commandos! Siding lengths!) and miles that the station is from the division point or railroad's main headquarters.

Mine also has four maps, one of all Texas railroads, one of Houston railroads, and two smaller maps, one of Dallas rails, the other of Fort Worth.

Most interesting of all to me were the page of railroad "Roadway signs" and Rule 9.1 Signal Aspects, including Union Pacific, BNSF, and KCS. VERY VERY COOL.

READ AND UNDERSTAND. "Share the Knowledge."

What about "yard" info? Who cares how far a station is too the next, what you wanna know is, where the layup`s are etc? Does it tell you that ?

Guest schick1

ive had a railroad atlas for my area from another brand for a minute, its helped me find lots of spots but of course it doesnt do all the work but it points you in the right direction for sure! thanks for the tip anyways kabar

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this