weird animals you didn't know existed

Comp

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by mr.pescado

well seeing as how am a national geographic enthusiast..i was saware of most of these but that goblin shark is wild...thats a new one fer me....

Same here... total animal freak, and the only one on this thread I haven't seen before is the Tonkin Snub-nosed Monkey, which rocks cause you can totally tell it's Asian.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Meet a few reasons that the oceans are fucking scary.

Originally posted by Don't Panic

The head of a sperm whale that fucked with colossal squid.

More interesting shit later....

Something kind of interesting, I watched a TV show that they were doing an autopsy on a sperm whale and they found over 1,000 pairs of giant squid beaks in it's stomach. They get scars from eating them, but rarely do they take any real damage.

And on another note, if I'm not mistaken, they're planning on bringing the tasmanian wolf/tiger back in the next 10 years? I know they have a lot of pups/genes/sperm/eggs frozen and in fermaldehyde, so their options are quite good...

Guest Uncle Wiggly

well, aside from the humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua’a, which is only 'little known'... I'm sure none of you have spied a Nauga-beast, source of Naugahyde...

they come in many colors and many legged forms, though the largest ever photographed was a 16 legged Green, reports of Orange 22 leggers in the out zones are common. Please watch out for the Blues as they seem to be the most aggressive.

i found heaps of these in the water near i live one tome about 3 years agp....... as you can imagine i had no clue what the fuck they were

they are about 4 cm long and they fall apart if you pick em up

glaucus.JPG

Glaucus_atlanticus_02.jpg

any other australians encountered these?

Guest krie
Originally posted by Rectum

i found heaps of these in the water near i live one tome about 3 years agp....... as you can imagine i had no clue what the fuck they were

http://members.aol.com/parksyp/glaucus.JPG'>

http://www.medslugs.de/photos4/Glaucus_atlanticus_02.jpg'>

never seen em ?

wiggerus maximus,

rare endagered species,

frowned and clowned in the early to mid 90's,

population has grown exponentionaly and now found in any major city and small hick towns all over the USA and almost all major cities in the world....

http://www.omarnyc.homestead.com/files/wig2.jpg'>

In this, our first installment of our 'Suburban Scumbags" series, we present to you.... the wigger. That poor, often misunderstood soul, the result of cultural crossover. Hated by blacks for making a mockery of their culture, hated by whites for trying to be something that they can never be (black, basically), the wigger is a true American original. Find your very own wigger on the streets of your town today! It's fun and easy.....

1: Hat. Must be worn backwards, as a symbol of anti-conformity. Under the hat- a 'mushroom' hairstyle, or shaved head altogether. Hat must bear a sports team or a marijuana leaf.

2: Practiced sneer. Try not to laugh in the wigger's face when he flashes you his look of anger, as he's spent many hours in the mirror getting his look of disdain 'just right'. The practiced sneer may reveal a gold-capped tooth or 2, but this is optional, as many parents dont have extended dental plans which will cover their kids cosmetic dentistry.

3: Tattoos. Usually a tribute to a fallen rapper, sometimes the motto or slogan of a rap group, sometimes a pot leaf. In general, poor artwork that will be hard to explain to the grandkids (Grandpa- what's 'Thug Life'??)

4:T-shirt bearing logo of clothing company that doesnt want the wigger wearing their clothes. Like FUBU- an acronym meaning 'For Us, By Us', a black-owned company commiting blatant racism by implying that the clothes they sell are for blacks only. This fact is lost on the wigger, however, as he continues to patronize this company, much to the dismay of his (rapidly depleting) dignity.

5: Gang sign of gang he's not in. Since he lives miles away from the first hint of urban blight, he can afford to throw up sets he doesnt belong to, scaring the elderly into thinking he's some kind of gangster, without fear of being killed by a real gang member for the crime of 'false-flaggin' (claiming you're down with a particular gang when you're not).

6: Gun. Usually a Crossman BB gun, just realistic enough to get wigger chicks to swoon over their fearless romeo.

7: Underwear sticking out a minimum of 6 inches above waistband. Some say it's laziness, but to a wigger, it's all about fashion. Not only do you get to show off otherwise-private underwear labels to the world, you get the added thrill of ventilation on your asscrack.

8: Jeans. Expensive. The wigger must wear pants that are a minimum of 40 full sizes over his original size. The legs should be large enough to hold the population of a 3rd world country in, and should drag across the floor freely, like the train on a wedding gown.

9: Sneakers. Dont tell the wigger that his 250 dollar sneakers are made of the same material as Kmart's 25 dollar ones- it's all about fashion, yet again, and to wear anything less than the hottest sneaker out at the moment would be akin to showing up at a black panther meeting wearing a klan hood. In case you were wondering, the wigger has no remorse over the fact that his sneakers were made in a sweatshop by an underage peon laborer who made 2 cents that entire day making the shoes that help the wigger fit in with his materialistic social circle.

10: The city. This is the wigger's preferred habitat. Ignore the fact that they mostly dwell in the suburbs, any decent, upstanding wigger will, AT MINIMUM, have a cardboard cutout of a city skyline in his suburan backyard to stand in front of while posing as a hardened tough guy.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Rectum

Nudibranches... never had the pleasure to see them in person, but I've seen video of them and they look absolutely amazing when they swim. They also eat anemone and recycle the stinging cells by transferring them over to their own tentacle thingies. Did they sting when you held them?

someone had asked to post more australian animals.

the marsupial lion

http://a1220.g.akamaitech.net/7/1220/34/9c535037eb76b0/dsc.discovery.com/convergence/megabeasts/meet/gallery/lion_hzoom.jpg'>

procoptodon giant meat eating kangaroo

http://www.jmallard.com/images/A_Cleland_Procoptodon_Goliah.jpg'>

diprotodon largets marsupial ever

http://www.lostkingdoms.com/images/snapshots/100_drawing.jpg'>

Megalania prisca reached a total length of 7 m and a mass of 600 kg

http://www.goannas.net/species/systematics/bilder/megalania01.jpg'>

Re: Re: Meet a few reasons that the oceans are fucking scary.

Originally posted by Fugazi

Something kind of interesting, I watched a TV show that they were doing an autopsy on a sperm whale and they found over 1,000 pairs of giant squid beaks in it's stomach. They get scars from eating them, but rarely do they take any real damage.

Yes, this is true, but they usually are going after the smaller, and more timid (but will still fuck you sideways) giant squid. Colossal squid are big enough that they can hold their own pretty well with a sperm whale (not killing them, but hurting and swimming out of there quickly).

Originally posted by Uncle Wiggly

well, aside from the humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua’a, which is only 'little known'... I'm sure none of you have spied a Nauga-beast, source of Naugahyde...

they come in many colors and many legged forms, though the largest ever photographed was a 16 legged Green, reports of Orange 22 leggers in the out zones are common. Please watch out for the Blues as they seem to be the most aggressive.

The humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua'a is Hawaii's state fish... I'm not sure that classifies as "little known". All it is is a trigger fish anyways...

Re: Re: Re: Meet a few reasons that the oceans are fucking scary.

Originally posted by Don't Panic

Yes, this is true, but they usually are going after the smaller, and more timid (but will still fuck you sideways) giant squid. Colossal squid are big enough that they can hold their own pretty well with a sperm whale (not killing them, but hurting and swimming out of there quickly).

Yeah, when they get 50+ feet long, I bet they're pretty nasty... but sperm whales have nasty nasty teeth on them.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Nudibranches... never had the pleasure to see them in person, but I've seen video of them and they look absolutely amazing when they swim. They also eat anemone and recycle the stinging cells by transferring them over to their own tentacle thingies. Did they sting when you held them?

cant say they did...they were possibly dead... because although they were in water i dont think they were swimming .... there were hundreds though

• 4 weeks later...

Archived