KUCINICH FOR PRESIDENT 2004

Guest TEARZ

Originally posted by TEARZ

pooper, i agree that the dems as a whole need to grow some nuts and take on team bush. i know dean has taken some stands, and kucinich has been there all the way, one of the only oppositional voices in all of congress when team bush was steamrolling shit like the patriot act. they are the best two candidates.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ARCEL

bush has "backbone", but that dosent make him a good president

Did I say that was the only thing making him worthy of being in the office? No. Just one of the many.

And Bush doesn't have backbone .. he's just too stupid to follow what's going on around him. It's called ignorace of fact, not courage.

Neither of those dudes (Dean, Kuchie-Momma) has a chance, those in power won't just stand down. And if they don't, which they won't, the only choice is the Green candidate, whoever it will be: Cobb, McKinney, or Glover in 2004.

Guest BROWNer

wordsquatsz, i gotta hook this up to my man Thu(who's a big

dean supporter and even helped him out a bit i at some point

i think..)..

he does look like a nerd. perfect.

Originally posted by 23578

Neither of those dudes (Dean, Kuchie-Momma) has a chance, those in power won't just stand down. And if they don't, which they won't, the only choice is the Green candidate, whoever it will be: Cobb, McKinney, or Glover in 2004.

That is completely illogical. You eliminate two candidates based on their not "hav[ing] a chance" ... which leads you to support the Green candidate, who has even less of a chance than a Dem.

Explain how that makes any sense ..

Guest TEARZ

here's a few reasons why i'm not so into dean ( i know, esp poop man like him, and i don't dislike him, i just think kucinich really is the motherfucking man, and i don't want to criticize an overall good dude):

1. he's run on the peace platform, which is cool, but doesn't have a comprehensive plan for peace in the way that kucinich does.

2. it's been a lot easier for him to stand up for the war from VT, than it has been for kucinich to stand up to all of congress AND dubya on a national level- kucinich is the only one who voted against the patriot act and bombing afghanistan. he stood up to everyone else in the house by himself, and he's been doing it since jump st.

3. related; dean has no significant national experience

4. dean is for peace but wants to keep a 400 billion/yr military budget? we spend almost the same as every other nation combined on our military.

5. dean is pro-death penalty

6. he strikes me as a slight opportunist.

7. kucinich really is the motherfucking man

word ta god

Me likes political talk!

Originally posted by TEARZ

here's a few reasons why i'm not so into dean ( i know, esp poop man like him, and i don't dislike him, i just think kucinich really is the motherfucking man, and i don't want to criticize an overall good dude):

1. he's run on the peace platform, which is cool, but doesn't have a comprehensive plan for peace in the way that kucinich does.

2. it's been a lot easier for him to stand up for the war from VT, than it has been for kucinich to stand up to all of congress AND dubya on a national level- kucinich is the only one who voted against the patriot act and bombing afghanistan. he stood up to everyone else in the house by himself, and he's been doing it since jump st.

3. related; dean has no significant national experience

4. dean is for peace but wants to keep a 400 billion/yr military budget? we spend almost the same as every other nation combined on our military.

5. dean is pro-death penalty

6. he strikes me as a slight opportunist.

7. kucinich really is the motherfucking man

word ta god

I agree that it has been much harder for Kucinich to stand up to all of Congress and Bush while touting an anti-war agenda. That undoubtedly takes balls. A big thumbs up to him. Regarding the lack of national experience, I wouldn't take that too far - 4 of the past 5 presidents have been former governors. Apparently, the nation believes that being the executive leader for a state prepares one well for being the chief executive of the nation (whether or not that's true is another matter altogether, I admit.)

Dean's death penalty stance doesn't sit well with me, either. He really seems to be standing on the fence on this issue, trying to pull in supporters from both sides. "I'm against a death penalty system that kills the innocent, I supported Gov. Ryan's moratorium, etc. ... but we should have the death penalty for extremely heinous crimes." Hhmm. Pick a side, eh. Preferably the one that doesn't unfairly target poor minorities while murdering innocent people.

What do you mean by the opportunist label?

Re: the military budget, there is unforunately no way (that I see) a candidate being elected on a platform that could be viewed as "anti-military." Given the importance that a lot of Americans give our military in these "troubled" times, a candidate that espouses drastically reducing the military budget will, pardon the pun, bomb with the general public. At least in my opinion. I'm not denying the fact that our military expenditures are fucking outrageous ... believe me, I agree with you. However ... I still hold the same opinion.

I'll concede the rest, mostly from lack of knowledge of Kucinich's peace plan.

Archived