sick and bored.......FREIGHTS+other shiat

Originally posted by Frate Raper

Cheerleader=damn fine gent right there.

When you read that baron apply that to our little thing.DON'T GAS YOURSELF CAUSE I'LL PULL YOUR CARD........................if it wasn't for us you'd still be calling people asking be taken out and doing those gay characters.

please, i progressed the most once i stopped painting with you guys. don't try and credit yourself...and that has no context in our "thing"(your statement re:"you guys")

*before anymore of this is read by all the gossipers out there in internet graffiti land check your e-mail.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by anti-social

i don't really care if people in internet graf world are hating, anyone who believes in half the retarded statements made probably don't leave their houses.

actually, they are the people out putting in work on the regular. telling cheerleader to 'eat a dick' just makes you look dumb. dudes put in his work and has the history to speak from. if you didnt care about 'internet graf' dont post your shit on the internet, and dont be surprised when peopletalk about ethics.

before you made this thread, no one had heard of you, now they have. not because they caught your stuff, or cause you're putting in work, but because you ran up to them and stuck the photos in their face. did we need to look? no, and if you had labled the thread 'self promotion' many probably wouldnt have, but it wasnt presented that way.

yes, all graff is promotion, but just like dissing established writers to get fame gets no respect, neither does posting your own shit. its cheap fame and its a slap in the face to those writers who paint 300 trains a year, so that 15 of them can gets spoted.

you can do what you want, im just trying to explain things to you. yesterday no one knew who you were, today the majority of those that do, don't respect you.

im not saying its just, im just saying.

seeks/just the messenger

hey baron, i guess you gotta do you man..thats your perogative. but dont give us the "fuck the internet" speech when you sat here and uploaded, cropped and re uploaded at a photo host and then created a thread and cut and pasted like 20 URLs....all to show us your frieghts.

thats a lot of work for someone who doesnt care about the internet. being sick dont mean shit....is it ok to bite when your sick? is it ok drop dimes when your sick? no. so self promo tackiness doent get less tacky just cuz your sick. puh leeease.

but whatver, i hear your point: you dont care. well thats your right but its a message board and if you wanna put your shit out there for people, youre gonna get comments back. my comment is simply that you suck.

Originally posted by fr8otech

True though......self promo should be laced into a thread containing other people. Like if two or three of these were mixed into a benching post....then I'm all for it.

Starting a thread of your own material on 12oz....especailly just cause you're bored....you're just asking for people to start hateing on it....

see, I dont agree with this. And I see this happening all the time. As far as walls go, If you paint something really nice in buttfuck nowhere, I'd actually like to see that, so I don't think the "self-promo" card should be pulled. its a wall, you're going to be judged on skill, not ups, because work is inherent in what your piece is going to look like(for the sake of argument anywho). But as for trains, more and more people keep "slipping" their own trains or their boys trains that they painted and photoed in day spots into posts of "benched" trains. and I think thats silly, I mean, after a while it becomes obvious, the same person has 3 or 4 dayspot trains in every post they do. I thought the whole point of trains was the fact that they moved, therein, people will see them on their own? The train moves for christs sakes. Its a lot more satisfying when someone 10 states away likes your work and goes through the effort of posting it instead of you. I thought thats why people painted trains? ehhh what do i know....

i dont think anyone really cares enough to hate you, they just dislike the much larger idea of people without scruples, who dont care enough about the game to play by its ethics.

take care though. good luck with the O's.

onesandzeros,

do we usually not get along? cant remember. either way, agree 100% on your post. i know of a few people who only get 'spoted' by their crew, or through trading flics wiht people who regularly post on here. its just kind of cheap IMO.

yo its a delicate balance though..id rather see flicks than no flicks, sure..but i was raised in the pre-internet days where mailing your flicks into a mag was a big no-no (stamplicking)...so for the itnernet its a little bit different but a lot the same. on a local level, you do street shit it gets seen, right? but what if you do rooftop fillins on some backstreet and flick it and post it all over the internet? creating the image of rep is just a bullshit slirght of hand in my opinion. so, like this thread, if i really had no scruples i (or anyone) could post *all* of the trains and roofs i paint and be like "blah-dow!"....but i aint gonna do that. if yall catch my train and wanna post it, great..but if youre not catching my trains, im obviously not doing enough. if i circumvent that porcess and just post like 30 trains i paint in a month, it gives the illusion (especially to all the little toys on 12oz) like "wow! baron has 30 trains!!!!" when in reality, we all know that those 20-30 trains might result in one or 2 being caught...and like maybe thats 2 yrs from now. so its just a gay way of going about your rep.

but like someone else said earlier, it has its own consequences...like before today i never heard of duke, but after toda you can be damn sure i wont flick him if he comes thru..id really hate for him to have one less train to post on his next sick day.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Seriously though, it's just a thread.

It will drop in a few days.

It's hardly worth sweating.

exactly.

unless one of this cat's freights ran over your family or something, get over it. you all look like fools in this thread...

writing pages of shit about people you dont even know...bleh

yeah why is it that fr8 people are always like pacifist hippie types? i think this is why i never get 100% into frieghts.....tis a matter of ethics...i guess if all you "fr8___" people are totally cool with someone posting 30 of their own trains, then so be it. but in graff 'at large'..this shit is a faux pas to say the least.

Guest Mike bibby

dont let these toys bring you down, you got original pieces unlike everyone on here, fuck'em, i want to post all my stuff and see who hates, than i can find them like jay & silent bob and kick the shit out of all these emo faggots, fuck yall and get lives..

Originally posted by Mike bibby

dont let these toys bring you down, you got original pieces unlike everyone on here, fuck'em, i want to post all my stuff and see who hates, than i can find them like jay & silent bob and kick the shit out of all these emo faggots, fuck yall and get lives..

hahahaha... mike bibby is like a wicked gangster....hahaha...

Originally posted by cheerleader

yeah why is it that fr8 people are always like pacifist hippie types? i think this is why i never get 100% into frieghts.....tis a matter of ethics...i guess if all you "fr8___" people are totally cool with someone posting 30 of their own trains, then so be it. but in graff 'at large'..this shit is a faux pas to say the least.

i KNOW the score man. but whats griping at this dude going to do?

pull the self promo card or whatever, but start an all out term paper on the guys thread isnt going to do any more.

dont play me like im cool with it, but i just dont care enough to get mad at every person who does it...god there are so many worse examples of self promo out there (especially on 12oz) but people continue to jock them.

not like id pull their card but lets just say the first to come to your mind when you Think of A self promoter....

end notes.

if you knwo the deal, then you know cheerleader could write a book on about a french fry if there was some angle to argue. :)

just let us have our ethics convention, no big deal. if some kid coming up reads it, and it influences him in the right direction, then it was all worth it. so see, cheerleader and i might just be saving some kid from a life of crack smoking, homosexuality, and self promotion.

why you arguing, you should be thanking us.

:)

fr8lover yeah i just picked a thread to finally vent my feelings on the matter...totally random....i just finally was liek 'heres my feelings on self promo' trust in the fact that there is no connection to this guy in particular. (to be honest im not feeling a damn one of those pieces as they look like biter pieces reworked in my opinion...but thats another story) ....the issue came up, i stated my opinions. theoretically i couldve done it in one those nograff forums...but i never ever read those forums so im assuming any of the other writers who actually *write* dont either. and also, these long posts take me about 3 minutes to type. i just write and talk fast. ask people like seeking or johnny....they know im a blabbermouth.

but all in all, if people wanna follow the 'no pulbicity is bad publicity' theory, than baron succeeeded. but i think a lot of us know it aint that easy.

yo frate raper what do you write man. your dissing baron and as to someone i forget who saying.... " no one knew baron before this thread" your a fucking idiot. if you didnt notice the guy started out with characters paid his dues and now hes killing. so unless your a big head like baron shut your mouths. id love to know who you are freight raper.