ill Kung-Fu movies???????

Guest WREK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah....i have all the bruce lee shit already...

and Serum...........is there a website i can check...............about that whole shaw bros deal?....

i cant believe that shit............im gonna have a massive headache trying to get the remastered version of all these movies.damn.

Gordon Liu is the shit also.

"my gosh, somebody said its on....if it is then Ill be set/ to blow a nigguh up with my 5 Fingers Of Death"

While not a kung fu movie, the whole "Young and Dangerous" Series from Hong Kong is awesome. It's pretty much a really violent soap opera concerning a group of friends and their rise in the world of the chinese Triads. There's like, six of seven movies in the series with mad spinoffs. Fools fight with all sorts of hand weapons, lotsa sex, a gangster nicknamed chicken and one movie where they torture a guy by putting a potato sack of sewer rats over a guys head

can anyone find a really old movie with three little ninja kids........and no its not little ninjas because the three little kids are chinese and i remember there is two movies and in one of them they go to find there grandpa in america and go to mcdonalds and use an abacus and there grandpa balances on pop cans and fights his ex wife on them and shit.................at the end they fight a big black boxer..............and its quite old too

Re: old dubbed jet-li flicks

Originally posted by eseLokE1uno

FIST OF LEGEND

Fist of legend was great. My favorite part of it was when he started poppin that super strong dude in the eye with the belt buckle. hahaha thats gotta sting. I think thats the right movie.

stolen from another forum no link

Hidden in a Hong Kong vault for decades, some of the best martial arts movies ever made will soon be slashing their way back onto the screen following a breakthrough deal to unlock a treasure trove of the genre.

The films, produced by the Shaw Brothers studios from the late 1950s through the late 1970s, helped to define a genre that has gained a new worldwide following with the success of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon."

But while they have been cited as inspiration by directors ranging from action master John Woo to cult auteur Quentin Tarantino, few young fans have ever seen the Shaw Brothers originals.

That is about to change. Under a HK$ 600 million (about US$84 million) deal, Hong Kong-based Celestial Pictures has purchased the Shaw collection along with all video, remake, sequel and theatrical production rights.

"We've been working hard to restore the films," said William Pfeiffer, chief executive officer of Celestial Pictures. "They've been kept in their original negative cans in the Shaw's storage facilities for all of these years."

News that the Shaw library is going to be re-released has swept both martial arts buffs and Asian cinephiles alike.

"This is really great, fantastic news," said director Woo, who began his career as a script supervisor at Shaw Brothers and went on to helm such Hollywood blockbusters as "Face/Off," "Mission Impossible II" and the current release "Windtalkers."

"There's a lot of great films and treasures from Shaw Brothers that haven't been seen for over 30 years," he said.

GOLDEN AGE OF HONG KONG CINEMA

Woo said acclaimed Shaw Brothers directors from the 1960s including Chang Cheh changed the whole look of Hong Kong film, imbuing it with the snappy razzle-dazzle that has won generations of fans for martial arts movies.

Shaw Brothers, under charismatic leader Sir Run Run Shaw, was established in Hong Kong in 1959 and by 1961 was the largest privately owned studio in the world.

With strong story lines and trim film budgets, the studio churned out wildly popular movies that helped make it one of the dominant players in Asian cinema for decades.

But the Shaw Brothers library was kept under lock and key, with Run Run Shaw refusing to sell the collection and declining even to loan out prints for film festivals or educational institutions.

Meanwhile, the studio saw its position in the local film industry eclipsed by rivals like Golden Harvest Group, while in recent years Hong Kong's film industry slid downhill as rampant copyright piracy and gangsters muscling onto production sets led to a rapid decline in quality and an exodus of talent.

Production plummeted to about 80 films in 1998 from over 300 in the heydays of the late 1980s -- leading some analysts to wonder if Hong Kong's days as the "Hollywood of the East" were over.

HEROIC SWORDSMEN

Whatever the fate of Hong Kong's film industry, the Shaw collection will give legions of fans a fresh look at what it was like when its film-making powers were at their height.

Heroic swordsman films such as "Come Drink With Me" (1965) and "The One-armed Swordsman" (1967) rocketed martial art queen Cheng Pei-Pei and Jimmy Wang Yu to superstardom, while "The 36th Chamber of Shaolin" (1977) set the standard for kung-fu films about China's Shaolin monks.

Officials at Shaw Brothers said the decision to sell the library came after a long period in which the company was weighing whether or not to make the financial and technological push to exploit the collection itself.

"So in the year 2000 we decided, 'No' and that we would leave it up to someone else so we decided to put the films on the market," said Jerry Rajakulendra, Shaw Brothers' chief financial officer. "Of all the companies interested, Celestial simply offered us the best deal."

Celestial, affiliated with Malaysia's Astro All Asia Networks, plans to release the first films from the collection this fall, Pfeiffer said.

"We also want to strike new 35 mm prints for limited theatrical re-releases for festivals with special retrospectives, then on video and our TV channel to be launched worldwide later this year," he said.

CLASSICS ON TOUR

That is good news for Lim Cheng-Sim, a programmer at the University of California-Los Angeles Film and TV Archives responsible for curating film exhibitions.

For years Lim has been working with John Woo trying to put together an ambitious film festival of martial arts classics.

"We want to show 20 films in L.A. highlighting the genre's development from its silent roots in Shanghai through the early '80s," Lim said, adding that the exhibition would then tour nonprofit film museums and festivals in the United States and Canada.

"People say they love Hong Kong martial art films but in truth they haven't really seen them," Lim said. "Celestial's move is very significant because now it's possible to see them again."

The pull of the Shaw Brothers mystique is strong in Hollywood, which saw how successful a kung-fu epic can be when "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" scored a whopping four Academy Awards in 2000, including best foreign language film.

And while directors like Woo have been bringing elements of the martial arts visual lexicon into U.S.-made movies, some are also making the pilgrimage to Hong Kong to get a first-hand look at how it is done.

Tarantino, a well-known martial arts buff who wowed American audiences with "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction," is now shooting his next film, "Kill Bill," on the old Shaw Brothers lot.

"I've always loved the Shaw Brothers films and they have a very special place in my heart," Tarantino said. "It's important for me to shoot part of 'Kill Bill' on the old Shaw Brothers lot. It's sort of my homage to Hong Kong film and there will be references to Shaws in the film."

And with more Shaw Brothers originals due to make it back to the screen, industry watchers say the Hong Kong connection to Hollywood is likely to grow stronger.

"The doors are now open for remakes as well as sequels where today's technologies can improve upon the film," Celestial's Pfeiffer said.

http://www.shawstudios.com/lufeng3.JPG'>

^WOW, that some of the illest news ive heard in a while, thanks for posting that.

i hope they dont overprice all these movies, they probobly are anyways.......oh well.

Originally posted by **REDRUMS**

can anyone find a really old movie with three little ninja kids........and no its not little ninjas because the three little kids are chinese and i remember there is two movies and in one of them they go to find there grandpa in america and go to mcdonalds and use an abacus and there grandpa balances on pop cans and fights his ex wife on them and shit.................at the end they fight a big black boxer..............and its quite old too

Guest im not witty

deadly china hero

i win. that movie is badass beyond words.

also wing chun is good. it has a female hero, and shes pretty amazing too.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by CRAMPS

JONNY O or LIFE A JONNY....MOST GORE IN A KUNG FU FLICK EVER!!!!

its caled both those names....and you might have seen the clips of the film because alot of people have the clips for somereason.

he looks like lu kand from mortal combat....and one clip hes fighting this big fat jap punker dude......and he punches THROUGH his jaw so his fist comes out the mouth...

then he punches his hand and it explodes!......

also if you watched the dailyshow waaayy back in the day durring the questionare they showed a clip of this dude smashing tis other dudes head with his fists anf the head bursts like a mellon.

rent the movie...is soooooo ILL i cant even describe it!

hmm...i know why i couldnt find this. Because its actually called RICKY-OH

bastid, not JONNY O,.....RICKY-OH.............i went on an intense hunt for this movie.....almost lost my mind.

• 8 months later...

sorry to up this thread.

but im sure more people got into kung-fu movies after kill bill...soo....

i have everything mentioned in this thread, except for Snake Crane Secret...and that xena and dragon ballz nonsense.

any more recommendations???...drop em...

Originally posted by **REDRUMS**

anyone who can find this and what the name of it is......shall be king

truly

fudoh was fucking awesome

watch the bride with white hair.........good

gone

Guest WREK

^yeah, that opening sequence in 5 deadly venoms is hotness.

theres also a sick as training session in Shaolin Vs. Wu-tang!

Guest WREK

only movies i can think of is.......the "YOUNG DRAGONS: THE KUNG-FU KIDS" series

theres 2 or 3 of those movies.

return of the master killer was a good one too!

i got a celestial release of the venoms on dvd, the quality is on point! it is in mandarin but has english subtitles. after seeing this one i realized just how botched some of the dialog was on the english dub...oh well.

yeah, in the early 80's i remember ch. 5 in ny would show an ill kung fu movie every saturday afternoon.....ahhhh salad days.

after a while my mom had me chill out with watching them cause i'd climb on shit in the house and pretend i was a ninja, then i'd try to do all these kicks and fuck up shit in the house....yeah it was great. one time i slipped and cracked my chin on this table, i think that was the end of ninja gooch.

i thought i was spiderman too, but that is another story.

http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v14/goochygooch/spidergooch.jpg'>

i went to a korean martial arts movie place in the persuit of some good shit and i get to the door and they're like "you need a membaship cad"

i wanted to ask how u get one but they probably would've chopped me in my neck and dragged me to the back:D