Police Pose As Homeless To Stop Red-Light Runners

KaBar

KISSIMMEE, Fla.---Police went undercover as homeless people in tattered clothes to catch drivers running red lights.

The undercover oficers watched for lawbreakers, then radioed ahead to other officers, who pulled the motorists over and gave them tickets.

Homeless Advocates called Operation Vagrant, a sting involving Kissimmee police and Oceola County Sheriff's Department, silly and offensive.

During the operation Wednesday, officers wore fake teeth and tattered clothing, and pushed shopping carts anlong the streets.

They also carried small signs reading "Sheriff's Traffic Sting in Progress---Buckle Up."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats nothing. last summer the cops here dressed up as squeegee kids, and actually went out cleaning windows at red lights so they could peek in and do a seatbelt check. if you weren't wearing one they radioed ahead and you got pulled over and issued a ticket.

bad summer for squeegee kids needless to say....

Originally posted by freightlover

jesus...thats wild.

they sink as low as they can.

yeah that is sinking so low. how dare they try to catch people running red lights! whats the worst that could happen? maybe crashing into another car? maybe killing a few people?

the nerve of those damn cops!

Originally posted by mapo returns

yeah that is sinking so low. how dare they try to catch people running red lights! whats the worst that could happen? maybe crashing into another car? maybe killing a few people?

the nerve of those damn cops!

yeah i forgot how big of a douchebag you were mapo.

thanks for taking what i said and twisting it around. it wasnt the act of pulling over people running red lights, its the way they go about it thats in poor taste in my opinion.

but this was before i saw a picture and one has COPS written on his back and the other has a sign explaining what they are doing (of course, its on a piece of cardboard).

i dont have to justify opinions to you, mapo. but i guess i just did...

Originally posted by freightlover

yeah i forgot how big of a douchebag you were mapo.

thanks for taking what i said and twisting it around. it wasnt the act of pulling over people running red lights, its the way they go about it thats in poor taste in my opinion.

but this was before i saw a picture and one has COPS written on his back and the other has a sign explaining what they are doing (of course, its on a piece of cardboard).

i dont have to justify opinions to you, mapo. but i guess i just did...

why is it in poor taste?

Archived