FOOD.

doctor_slump

I am a culinary arts major, and dream of opening a bakery/snack boutique one day.

anyhoo, im am putting together recepies/picture menue/portfolio/media kit type thing to present to some people and need some ideas.

so whats your favorite food?

vegies?

fruits?

juices?

--- ie: ive got a plethera menue on cheesecakes..

greentea coconut milk honey,blueberry honey, strawberry apple to name some...

Breads: atrichoke black/green olive, carrot-craisin-oatmeal, tomatoe chunk-basil-feta-parmesean to name some...

what im looking for.. is combinations of ideas.. as far as what kinda sweets and things to make.. im looking to elaborate my menue...

like say for instance...

girl A likes salmon

Girl B says she likes cream cheese.

and girl C says she likes avacados... I would then think.. ok...

i wanna make something with the things they say they like.. hmm. id take salmon, cream cheese and avacados and wrapp it in a eggroll shell, maybe dipp in some tempura batter to keep teh shell closed and deep fry.

(only in this case im looking for fruits nad vegies to incorporate into cakes cookies muffins and breads.)

you get it?

im basically trying to see what kind of foods-- vegies, fruits you guys like... to basically take a poll... and put that into breads or cakes..

so please... tell me what your fav. vegi and fruit is. por favor.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I do is eat. Glad I have a good metabolism or whatever or else I'd be thiiiiiiiiiis huge and have to get forklifted out of my house like those people on t.v.

You ever watch the Iron Chef? that show is hilarious. anywho good luck with your food stuff.

I work produce, so.....

Fruit:

1. Mango

2. Watermelon

3. Bosc Pear

4. Cameo Apple

5. Apricot

Vegetable

1. Salad Cucumber

2. Roma Tomato

3. Cilantro (Put it in a sandwich a la Vietnamese Subs, delightful!)

4. Bell Pepper (any color, Orange tops the list though)

5. Mushrooms (Portabella, Shitake, Button, Oyster...fuck.. All of them)

But the most important thing to me when I'm ordering for my store is is it in season, that way it will look the best, sell the best, and most importantly (especially for you), taste the best.

Hope this helps.

i <3 this thread...!!!!

MISTERRRRRR Pescado: you better believe it!!!!!!

dude... mr. pescado was my food critic last night

on the menue: 2 kinds of cheese cakes(greentea coconut milk honey with a butter honey ghram cracker carmel honey home made crust), tomatoes stuffed with a mix of ground beef-rice and red onions, yellow tail fish, hamburger steak, green and red tomatoe salad with sea salt...

did i miss anything pescado?

deliss:

O MAN o MAN.. all yall gonna see me on IRON CHEF one day. thats one of my fav. shows.. next to sex and the city and the simpsons and seindfield...... anyways...nm

effyoo:

too bad im allergic to mangoes.. i remember they were really good.. but i was thinking of making a mango custard crepe wrap... your post is really making me want to run to the store. bosc pear? cammeo apple? whats that? have you tried a japanese pear...? OMFG.. they are SO good.

ive made a avacado shake with condensed milk, honey and cream.. SO damn very good. yes.. oddly enough... VERY good.

Mushrooms: o man... i was just telling someone that i can make a damn good shitake miso soup... and a enoki mushroom with a thin slice of beef pan fried... so damn very good... and a shiitake spinich salad with chunks of tofu or chicken.

man. i wanna cook NOW.

damn...

Originally posted by effyoo

Fuck, now that you got me thinking.....

Asparagus, Ginger, Eggplant...

I'm not really narrowing this down am I?

asparagus and eggplant... some of my most FAVORITE foods...

and i know some hate it.. but i love onions. spring onions, red onions, brown onions, SHALLOTS... damn.

bacon wrapped asparagus... Mmmmmmm <<homer drooooolllll>>

IDEA:

the next time you guys go to jack in the box...

ask for a strawberry chocolate shake. a "half and half".. but MORE STRAWBERRY THAN CHOCOLATE.. and then consume with fries.

SERIOUSLY.... TRY IT. its tightie mightie.

OK, here's what you do....

Cook to your hearts content then send it to me. I'll pay the overnight shipping.

I've never got hungry from reading before, but your last post did it.

Cook some shit up girl!

Japanese Pear? Like Ya Pear? So juicy! There's another that should be on my list!

Make a dessert with Bosc and Japanese Pears! Cook the pears and make a sauce....

The dark skin of the Bosc will contrast nicely with the pale skin of the Japanese (Ya) Pear on presentation.

Re: damn...

Originally posted by doctor_slump

ask for a strawberry chocolate shake. a "half and half".. but MORE STRAWBERRY THAN CHOCOLATE.. and then consume with fries.

SERIOUSLY.... TRY IT. its tightie mightie.

We don't have Jack in the Box here, but....

at McD's you get a strawberry sundae and a small fries. I never thought I'd like it....

omg... i love you.

Originally posted by effyoo

OK, here's what you do....

Cook to your hearts content then send it to me. I'll pay the overnight shipping.

I've never got hungry from reading before, but your last post did it.

Cook some shit up girl!

Japanese Pear? Like Ya Pear? So juicy! There's another that should be on my list!

Make a dessert with Bosc and Japanese Pears! Cook the pears and make a sauce....

The dark skin of the Bosc will contrast nicely with the pale skin of the Japanese (Ya) Pear on presentation.

ive never met someone that knew SO much about produce. hahahahahaha!!! gawd im such a nerd. anyways. japanese pears-- they are called NASHI. havnt heard of the Ya pear... where to go to get it...? too bad you dont live close, i really would have a dinner party and invite.

your getting me hyped. haha.

coconut milk and lemon juice and lemon grass marinated with dried red chilis....poured over lettuce, mint leaves, cilantro, shredded carrots, a little bit of celery, and roasted duck.....OOOOH MAAAAAAAAN SOME BANGIN ASS SALAD RIGHT THERE!!!!

Re: damn...

asparagus and eggplant... some of my most FAVORITE foods...

and i know some hate it.. but i love onions. spring onions, red onions, brown onions, SHALLOTS... damn.

Put red onions in your hamburger.

Dip eggplant in flour, then egg, then flour, then fry it.

Make sure you spice your flour with cayenne, salt, pepper, etc....

d

a

m

n

smile, your on candid camera! jk.

so where do you work?

and once i really thought abotu it.. i know bosc pears... those are the bottom heavy hour glass shaped sweet grindy pears. makes a good sauce.

teh asian pears are a tad bit contrasting tangy sweet, with a "whole" consistancy to the teeth... Mmmmmmmmmm.

balancedact77@yahoo.com

mail me...?

Guest chicken bone

Hey dude.

Fruit-

Pomelo

Mangosteen

Mango (Filipino mangos, mind you)

Lychee

Guava

Banana

Pineapple

Watermelon

Kiwi

I like all fruits but those are some of the top of my head that I really think are yummy. :)

Vegetable-

Capsicum

Bean Sprouts

Baby Kai Lan (dunno what its called in english)

Chickpea (hummus, felafel, whut?!)

Peas

Corn

Beans (any kind. Beans are good.)

Potato

Broccoli

Hope that helped!

CHICKEN BONE!!!!!!!!!1

HEyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! long time no hear from you!

hummus.. gorbanzo beans... YUM.

pescado... weren't you tellng me something about hummus the other day??? i think tomatoe hummus something...?

Lychee... my love... i LOVE lychee juice.. I made something with lychee juice once.. i forgot what it was....

and whats teh difference between mangosteen and mangos. i have a can of mangosteen in my fridge, and havnt touched the stuff because im allergic to mangos.

and GUAVAS.. o my... o how i love guava juice...

i dont know what baby kai lan is....???/:confused: :confused:

and i think... im gonna cut squares of potatoe and ribbon wrap them in bacon and.. wrapp it in aluminum foil... then bake/ broil it... sound good? or maybe.. ill mash the potatoe... and chopp bacon and make a turn over. what do you guys think?

Re: smile, your on candid camera! jk.

here do you work?

mail me...?

done.

I manage a produce dept. at a grocery store. Wholesalestyles like whut.

Chicken Bone, nice list.

Lychee, Pomelo, those are more I forgot....good thing I get memos...

Archived