Young Pair Faces Charges in Railroad Vandalism

KaBar

Houston Chronicle 5/19/03--"Arson charges are pending against a juvenile accused of torching a set of Union Pacific railroad tracks last week in northeast Harris County.

An adult accomplice was being held in the Harris County Jail without bail on felony arson charges after the May 12 incident in the 5900 block of Mary Francis.

German White, 18, and the juvenile also are accused of pulling up railroad spikes at the scene and laying a large steel pole across the tracks. Harris County fire marshals said the pair also removed a warning sign alerting Union Pacific railroad crews about nearby intersections. Investigators said White faces up to TWENTY YEARS IN PRISON and a TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE IF CONVICTED OF THE FELONY."

Holy shit! I knew I was right when I told you guys to "Leave the railroad's property alone", but I didn't realize the severity of the penalty!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by KaBar

Holy shit! I knew I was right when I told you guys to "Leave the railroad's property alone", but I didn't realize the severity of the penalty!

there is a gigantic difference in the penalties regarding what these kids did and what we do...believe me. thats like saying that tagging a stop sign and uprooting a stop sign and throwing it in the bushes is on the same level...

its two different kinds of vandalism....

Boogie

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not equating writing graff and stupid railroad vandalism. It has been long accepted (or seemingly accepted) on this board that part of appropriate yard safety and responsible behavior while hitting railcars is to not interfere with or harm any railroad property such as switches, signs, signal lights and so on.

Train crews and yard workers have a dangerous enough job as it is. Many tramps and hobos consider "helping" to inspect trains as part of their lifestyle. In the past, if the tramps saw anything wrong with a train, or tracks, or any railroad equipment, they would immediately report it to the train crew if the train was standing, and would report it at the first opportunity if the train was still rolling. Often times, tramps standing trackside would see defects or hanging gear, and would report it to the Yard shack, which would then contact the train crew by radio or some other method.

The guys I know are very knowledgeable about trains, railroad engines, different manufacturers of cars, and can often spot some problem on a rail car passing by at 35 mph. Years and years of hanging around railroad operations and talking to railroad workers has given them an impressive education in rail-related knowledge.

I'm not sure what led the above poster to assume these two guys^^^ were white "tweakers" (what the fuck is that? Speed freaks?) but they definately were acting criminally and maliciously, especially the pulling up of railroad spikes. I doubt race has much to do with it. I've been "rocked" by white kids in the middle of Wyoming and I've been rocked by black kids in the inner city. People just do thoughtless, stupid-ass things to strangers, especially when the stranger looks to be someone who lacks power and authority. The motivation that allows a black kid to throw a rock trying to hit a white hobo, (or a white engineer, more likely) is the exact same motivation that allows some ignorant white kid to harm some innocent black person just minding his own business. It's thoughtless, mindless viciousness, and has nothing to do with the victim, his race, his economic condition or anything else. HATE COMES FROM WITHIN THE HATER. It has absolutely nothing to do with the victim.

These two guys, vandalizing the railroad tracks and switch marker signs, are haters. When they get to Court, they would be wise to plead guilty to avoid a jury trial.

RIGHT OUTSIDE AUSTIN SOME FOOLS SET A TRAIN BRIDGE ON FIRE AND AN ENGINE HAD TO STOP AND ALERT THE POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT BECAUSE THE FLAMES WERE HIGH AS HELL BECAUSE OF THE CREASOTE COATING ON THE TRAIN TRESTLE.........

SOME DUMB FUCKS, BUT THEY HAVENT BEEN CAUGHT........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived