-romeo y julietta (corona)

-montecristo (no.2)

-macanudo (duke of york)

-onyx (toro) <- good for the price

what would you all recommend i try?

oh yes, i tried an 'acid' 1300 the other night

i thought it was odd because the flavor changes

but it wasnt a bad smoke and i didnt have to pay for it

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest sneak

i dislike cigars due to the smell of the motherfuckers..

when i was on holiday last year, the place we were staying at also had a german couple who chain smoked 10 inch cigars which stunk the whole place out. and they looked like men...

moral of the story. if your german, smoking cigars makes you look like a trannie.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Word to your motherfucking mother, When.

I got my 50-count humidor stocked with:

-a box of Cohiba Esplendidos, or what's left of them (around 15 or so)

-Romeo y Julieta 1875 Churchills

-Montecristo Le Cigare des Artes Rothschilds

-Carlos Toraño Reserva Selecta Robustos, a few of them maduros

-Hoyo De Monterry Excalibur 1066 Merlin

-Hoyo de Monterry Excalibur No. 2

-Punch Rare Corojo Rothschilds

-and a few Cerdán Ottos

I've become a pretty big cigar nerd this year, I've had my humidor for 4 years now but it wasn't until now that I really started enjoying them, basically because now that I'm out of school I can afford them. And now I'm smoking at least 3 times a week.

I don't know what to recommend, since I'm unsure what you wanna be looking out for. The cigars you mentioned are all in the medium-bodied range and deliver excellent taste and kick for the price. If you wanna get your ass kicked by a strong cigar, try to get your hands on any Padrón, Arturo Fuente Opus X, or Cohiba Robustos. The strongest cigars I have are by far the Cohiba Esplendidos, I can't smoke them if I haven't had a hearty meal right before, it makes me too light headed and tipsy, but the taste is fucking amazing. You're a big guy so it probably wouldn't affect you. Strong cigars and Cubans also tend to be mre tightly rolled, so they have a tough draw and are a pain in the ass to keep lit.

If you want milder cigars you can enjoy anytime, I'd definitely recommend the Carlos Toraño Reserva Selecta Robustos, especially the maduros. They're damn fucking tasty, perfect draw, mild-to-medium in strength, and come in a kickass glass tube with cedar liner that makes it look blingtastic for the ladies. They're also quite affordable, around $4 each. The Montecristos I have are my best smokes right now, but they were fucking expensive ($9 each).

I also love my Cerdan Ottos, but these are pretty hard to find. They're not expensive by any means, but they seem to be pretty exclusive, since they come from this one warehouse in Geneva where they'd been stored for over 20 years. They used to be not-so-great smokes back in the day, but the 20-year aging made them killer smokes. I'm soon gonna purchase an entire box of Ottos (Torpedos), but I'll wait till I'm back in PR since that's the only place I've found them, other than a few online places.

Cigars rock. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Pistol

Get your hands on just about CAO cigar.

Shit's are butter.

Great taste and aroma.

Plus they come in a handy little tube.

Only thing is they are squared.

So I hear... can't wait to try em out. I've never had a box-pressed cigar, shit must feel weird... some people swear by them though.

Steve, word on the Punch... the Cohibas aren't exactly the greatest thing IMO, but they're better than most of the shit I've had. My biggest qualm is that they're such fucking prissy smokes, it's almost like you have to pet them and give them affection for them to smoke right. I got this box from a friend who visited Cuba a few months ago. Punch's are better, and so are cuban Montecristos... my fave cigar ever.

thanks mams

i knew you would come with the knowledge

i do like medium bodied cigars the most but ive had some cigars

that my friends buy on accident that are too strong for them

i guess since i smoke cigarettes also it doesnt hit me as hard

im in the same boat as you though, ive only been smoking cigars on the regular for about 2 years

i had a feeling that you and pitol would know whats up

steve austin comes as a suprise for some reason

by the way mamerro what ever happened to the move?

Originally posted by oldenglish

motherfucking sacrament has a handrolled cuban spot on 16th over from the capitol with a sign....

if in town i imagine its highly reccomendable.

i think most places that roll on the premises have pretty good smokes

atleast the few ive been to in san diego did

Originally posted by ILoveTease

people only smoke cigars for the look

flavour....flavour they say it tastes like

SHIT!

youre wrong.

cigars have wonderful flavor, as long as its not some cheap rollie in the bargain bin

Originally posted by sneak

one bad experience and youll be put off for life.

ive had some shitty cigars

mostly no names or cheap priced

now the least ill spend on a cigar is 5-6 bucks

unless they have some deal going on

for the most part its true that the more you spend the better the smoke

although i wont be coming close to the 150 dollar montecristo i longed after the other night

Originally posted by When

steve austin comes as a suprise for some reason

I used to smoke cigars as often as Mamerro, but then I started racing and thought maybe I should cut back. I still like to kick back with a good cigar, some quality liquor, and hang out on the deck chillin to some jazz.

I smoked a really shitty cigar last week. I don't even remember what it was. I just remember it was nasty. I had a list of all the smokes I'd tried and what I thought of them...I'll see if I can't find it.

Macanudo's are probably the best "beginner" cigars out there for anyone thinking about it.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

-a box of Cohiba Esplendidos

those are indeed very special cigars.

Well seing as I live in 'not-america' and Cuban cigars are common place,

a bit of that stigma has disolved for me. I guess it's not the 'forbiden fruit' that it might be in the States. So this has led me to further appreciate cigars from around the world. One thing I must say, for smaller cigars, the Dutch have made HUGE progress and have incredible quality. Meharis are some of the absolute best small cigars I've ever had. Panther Blondes and Mignons and nice too. I forget the name of it, but I had a boxed dutch cigar last week and it was a very quality smoke.

And I was just tourning around my area,

and I found a little shop above a garage that hand rolls cigars.

I'm going to have to go and get a box. Yum!

alright here are some of my personal favorites.

Mild:

Astral, H. Upmann (cuban)

Mild - Medium:

Davidoff, Punch, Romeo Y Julieta (cuban)...very fond memories of this one.

Medium:

Arturo Fuente and the cuban Punch I will never ever shut up about.

Heard good things about the Te-Amo's but the one I had...I hated.

Medium - Full:

V. Centennial, Hoyo de Monterrey (cuban) and Cohiba (cuban).

Full:

cuban Partagas.

After looking at my list...it looks like I'm jockin the cubans pretty hard. All the people that I knew and smoked with tended to have connections and always had plenty of cubans on hand...so I guess I got lucky. I'll have to dig up all my bands from home and go through them. I know I'm forgetting some.

The sole purpose for cigars ( IN MY EYES) are for celebrating achievments..... such as pulling off a hard spot or climbing a mountain

my friend got his hands on a large box of cubans.... i saw them in a shopfor $50 each.... BASTARD..still hasnt given me one yet

Originally posted by Weapon X

my buddy picked up the "Monica Lewinsky" from Dominican Republic. It's like, two and a half feet long, man!

that hilariously retarded

im guessing its a shitty cigar too

Archived