Chromies.

Guest Trousersnake

Guest Trousersnake

anybody ever remember taking (borrowing) those little chrome valve covers on cars?I almost got killed by a bunch of dudes with bad boy club tshirts,for taking this guys chromies.I got chased for hours when I was 12.Boy the good ol days.Hood ornaments too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmm.....discussing theft on the boards?....better reply before it gets closed.....i once wanted to "borrow some guys mustang tire cap thingees.....but i dont have a mustang so it was pointless.....until i had my neighbor and his girlfriend both of which drove classic mustangs doing the highest bid thing for them if i did get them....

Guest Trousersnake

I had a whole shoebox of those things.I dont know what I planned on doing with them.If you came up on some dice you scored hella.

yes i remember doing that!

after that phase, we (my friends and i) had heard a rumor that junkyards would pay for caddilac hood emblems (the ones that stuck off the hood). so we being poor 6th and 7th graders, borrowed many many many of them. eventually we brought them to a local junk yard and got grilled by the people there. thus the rumor was just that, a rumor. needless to say we continued our habit of borrowing the caddilac emblems, buy just for fun and good chases....ahhhhhh youth.

hahahahaha...i remember those...but where i live...if you had one...it got jacked reeeal quick...and after it did it was painted with spraypaint so u couldnt reclaim it if you saw it.....boy am i glad i had a swapmeet bmx.....

that bike is bad fuckin ass!

i plan on building a full custom beach cruiser soon

and i want to go with that same gastank look

anywho... yes we (friends and i) used to take chromies off cars all the time when we were younger

and they would go on our bike stems, then someone would take them off our bikes

a vicious circle i tell you

man that shit was so fun like the jaguars were the shezzy but ya gettin chromies were probly the funest times of my life some lady chased us she triped on the center divider and smaher her face all up bloody and she also broke her watch it was so god damn funny....wish i was 12 again

Guest Trousersnake
Originally posted by iloveboxcars

he was writing some obtuse shit so he would recieve a response just like yours. next time just ignore it.

thanks I wasnt sure if I was the only one who didnt understand.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i broke my arm stealing chromies on the night that the movie "cool runnings" came out... it was oct 16th but i don't remember the year, i just threw the ticket stub out a couple months ago... im fucked.

Guest Trousersnake
Originally posted by DankLordz

hahahahaaaaa! oh ffuck. thank you to whoever started this thread, i honostly forgot about this part of my childhood. oh man. 8balls and the bigger chromies were the shit.

yes!

danklordz

You are welcome.

wow!!! talk about reviving my childhood

i never knew anyone else called them that

i used to have like a huge bag..haha we had some crazy names for them too...like dome tops..haha we had like ethics and certain ways of doing it...and i would constantly look for them everywhere...one time there was a bike parked at mcdonalds...and i saw a real old ass skull on one of the tires...so right in plain view in front of the people eating inside i just went for it and got it.never found srome skulls..just the plain looking ones..8 balls and dice were always a nice find too...and then this of coarse led to hood ornaments....ive been chased and yelled at so many times...i think i was between 11-12 when i was doing this...haha i remember it was like a whole operation...these kids from school lived in the more ghetto part and they were exclusively about the hood ornaments...one time they brought me in a set of wire cutters and an old ass chevy hood emblem...i still have that..i bet i could sell it...

seriously im in shock that me and my friends arent the only ones that did this..haha thanks for this thread

Archived