Chicken Or The Egg

IDrinkSprite

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in the theme of tonights debate of religion..It all depends on your beliefes. If you believe in darwins theory of evolution the answer is quite elementary. If you happen to believe that god created the world and everyhing in it then the answer is just as simple. I hope that helped.

Its an unanswerable question. Debate it all you like, I vote for chicken.

It had to evolve into a chicken before it could lay a chicken egg.

But was it born a chicken before it laid the egg, or did its genetic makeup change as it grew (i.e mutation)?

But that would make the egg come first then.

Circles my friend, circles.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

in the theme of tonights debate of religion..It all depends on your beliefes. If you believe in darwins theory of evolution the answer is quite elementary. If you happen to believe that god created the world and everyhing in it then the answer is just as simple. I hope that helped.

Darwin was a Christian, he believed God created the evolutionary process...

Originally posted by Smart

No, it was a reptile... therefore, the egg came first... now, the lizard or the egg???

haha, nice one.

Um.....embryonic premature birth which lead to a hardening of the embyonic sac?

Darwin was a Christian, he believed God created the evolutionary process...

Great smart.... i was gonna go to sleep without tossing and turning tonight but now you have ruined that for me. YOU ALWAYS RUIN THINGS FOR ME.:lol:

Originally posted by effyoo

Actually the egg came first.

You can't really pinpoint when the the bird that we now know as a chicken reached steady/constant genetic make-up to the point of speciation from its ancestor. millions of years of genetic change went into the speciation.

the egg came first because it is the offspring that have the different genetic make-up from its parent. the genetic change doesn't happen to an individual, but the the individuals offspring.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

Great smart.... i was gonna go to sleep without tossing and turning tonight but now you have ruined that for me. YOU ALWAYS RUIN THINGS FOR ME.:lol:

hahaha, I think I'm gonna start writing 'Ruiner'

haha, nice one.

Um.....embryonic premature birth which lead to a hardening of the embyonic sac?

um, well... I don't know if it's calcium or chitin but the reptile egg is formed inside the mother's body, though several species of reptiles and fish actually give live birth, they are the exception to the rule and probably a throwback to a 'simpler time'...

imho, it's an evolved form of the fish egg, which is little more than a fluid filled sac...

Guest im not witty

'Ruiner'

thats my boys nickname. but for different reasons. that kinda guy who knocks over the lamp, or sleepwalks drunk and pees in your closet, or snaps off his sideview mirror trying to pass a car, or sets shit on fire cause "it's funny", or any number of things that always turn out the worst.He doesnt bring ruin to anyone elses life in general, just his own.

• 5 weeks later...

Its an unanswerable question. Debate it all you like, I vote for chicken.

But was it born a chicken before it laid the egg, or did its genetic makeup change as it grew (i.e mutation)?

But that would make the egg come first then.

Circles my friend, circles.

spirals bro, spirals.. best thing to do in philosophy (as it is a science) is stick to your opinion untill convinced otherwise.

Archived