so i need a new car...

seeking

www.goapr.com has the changeable chip (uses the cruise control stalk)

www.giac.com has a chip which can be taken in or out (requires removal/re-installation of ECU)

i think both chips have the racegas option which i'm so favorable of.

usually you can find a dealer tech on www.vwvortex.com that's near your location to work on the car. all you have to do is request them upon bringing the car in. i've found they tend to don't ask/don't tell.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

johnny,

yeah, ive spent a bunch of time on vwvortex and club18t last night. read alot of shit. some good info. im all up on the chips now. apr has a chip that gives you 4 different settings from the cruise control stalk. normal, sooped, valet (so mutherfuckers cant go flossing the whip) and... ummm, another one, maybe flips between 91 and 93.

speaking of which, whats the performance difference between 91 and 93? cause i wont front, i hate putting 93 into shit. im cheap. then again ive always had bullshit cars. but since you can get chips tailored to 91 octain, that produce almost as much power, why not? gimme a reason...

oh and yes, racegas.

you get less power with the 91 octane chip than the 93 octane. all the chip does is tailor the ignition timing to burn the selected octane better. they also up the boost from the turbo and all kinds of sophisticated shit to keep the car's behavior somewhat stockfeeling while driving.

i think you'll get something like 207hp as opposed to 215hp. in reality, it's the torque numbers you should be looking at when shopping for chips. torque is what sucks your back into the seat when you're taking off. horsepower is what's pushing you down the highway doing a 100 in third gear.

just got back from the dealership.

bastards had the exact gti i was looking for, 2002, used, 24,000k, loaded, $19k.... but i cant buy anything till mid july at the very earliest. damn the luck.

johnny,

after looking at that jetta up there, and seeing how flossy it is, now im kind of checking for those as well. i like the very 'domestic' look of it. kind of grown up an baller in a very professional and subtle kind of way. so whats your take on jetta vs. gti? i know dude just said not to get one, but who's he? he aint got posts like us...

thats a nice front end. is that the stock euro one? i know that one has the washer jet openings.

so performance is pretty much the same between the gti an jetta?

never know, i might be a family man soon... i might need the extra doors. :)

if you're looking at jettas, you should check out jetta wagens. i'm pretty sure they put the 1.8t in the bitches. imagine how pimp a kitted wagen would be, and shit... nobody ever suspects the wagen.

i don't know... maybe i'm biased. wagens are just so sleeper. i'd rock an s4 wagen over a sedan any day of the week, and a rs2 or rs4 would be killer bitchin' too (too bad we didn't get them in the us).

http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/le_mag/mag54/dossier_tete.jpg'>

http://www.audiworld.com/news/99/iaa/rs4/pix/rs41.jpg'>

Originally posted by seeking

thats a nice front end. is that the stock euro one? i know that one has the washer jet openings.

so performance is pretty much the same between the gti an jetta?

never know, i might be a family man soon... i might need the extra doors. :)

that was a pic of the fabled golf R32. it's a V6 w/ all wheel drive that's just debuted here in the US (none of the other golf's have been all wheel drive here). the washer nozzles are for the HID headlights it's got. it's pretty schnazzy and you can read about it in the features section of www.vwvortex.com

http://www.jettaowners.com/images/gallery/016.jpg'>

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/218000-218999/218306_6_full.jpg'>

so incase anyone cares, which im sure they dont. im now looking very seriously at the jetta instead of the gti. its alot more low key... a 'sleeper' if you will. ive also switched from black, to silver. definitely silver.

just thought i should tell everyone tht.

goodnight.

http://www.drmotorsport.co.uk/Copy_of_MY-01_H_Full1.jpg'>

dude, i'd floss the shit out of the new WRX STI. seeking, if you're not gonna pay for this shit anyway, why not go big? 300hp/300lbft of torque stock and it's flossing the all wheel drive. with some basic performance upgrades(chip, boost controller, intake and exhaust) this thing would rip.

if not then buy an Mk4 supra and get a T78 turbo upgrade. that's good for over 600hp.

^^now we're talking some sense. you can build the normal wrx's up to like 400 hp, not bad considering its 227 stock. It really pains me that I can't get the sti without the loss of a major limb.

seeking...all I gotta say...is whatever you get make sure its what you want otherwise you'll end up wanting to get rid of it a couple years later...thats the spot I'm in.

why didnt anyone tell me that insurance was absfuckinglutely retarded?

my god. the quotes im getting are nuts. $200 a month? figgidy fuck that. over 25, only 2 points in the last 5 years... fuck yall.

this shit is depressing.

on the plus side though, ive pretty much all but settled on a 2001 wolsfburg edition jetta 1.8t. i can get one certified pre owned, for about 16-17, with under 40k, 2yr/24k basic warranty, and 5/60 powertrain.

cant fuck with that.

i dont need 400hp. i want something quick enough to keep me interested, an smooth enough to get me handjobs from women i dont know. the jetta will do that.

plus, tht wrx kit looks rice as fuuck. no thanks.

ps.extra points for anyone that can tell me where the handjob line comes from.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

^^now we're talking some sense. you can build the normal wrx's up to like 400 hp, not bad considering its 227 stock. It really pains me that I can't get the sti without the loss of a major limb.

seeking...all I gotta say...is whatever you get make sure its what you want otherwise you'll end up wanting to get rid of it a couple years later...thats the spot I'm in.

yeah man, i'm up shit's creek like that too. i'm trying to go all wheel drive turbo from here until they take my license away. the WoRX can be a little ricey for my taste but i'll take that with a grain of salt if i can run 11's-12's with a push of a button on a boost controller and still drive it everyday.

Originally posted by seeking

'a little ricey'?

dude, that thing is sponsored by Uncle Ben's!

for a 12 second 1/4 mile time i can dig it. that chip/intake may get you to break 14.5 at the track with a good launch/60ft time.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

i'd suggest not going volkswagon.

the skyline is coming to america soon. maybe you should start saving and up your budget for the arrival of such a magnificent creature.

p.s. i only read the first 5 posts.

The Skyline isn't coming to america. That shit ass 350z is. The US will never see a Skyline unless it's imported.

Originally posted by johnny

the S4's a fucking hog on wheels. quattro's more like front wheel drive with occasional rear wheel drive if conditions are poor enough. i'd get a 00' golf 1.8t and drop a huge turbo upgrade into it instead.

The new S4's are ill. Recaro seats, 18's, 340 hp stock... better than the M3 according to car & driver, and in my price range.

again? they never were. that one was built by fusing a gti frame to a jetta.

finding a used 01 jetta is much more difficult than previously expected. seems no one takes 2 year leases anymore.

damn the luck. might have to go new instead.

Originally posted by johnny

yeah man, i'm up shit's creek like that too. i'm trying to go all wheel drive turbo from here until they take my license away. the WoRX can be a little ricey for my taste but i'll take that with a grain of salt if i can run 11's-12's with a push of a button on a boost controller and still drive it everyday.

ever since I drove the RS Impreza I was all about Subaru's all wheel drive. maybe its because I like the world rally championship racing....but the wrx has never really looked ricey to me. Its always had that rally look. I think the coolest thing about it is...no matter what you do to it...its a daily driver through every season.