so i need a new car...

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im really trying to look new, rather than used for a couple reasons. one is the warranty. the other is financing. right now alot of companies are running 0% apr deals. which means the 20 i spend on a new car, will wind up being cheaper than the 15 id spend on a used one, at 8-10%.

honestly, one car ive been looking at is the hyundai senata. i know, i know, its a hyundai, but its stock 170hp, and it looks like a knock off mercedes from the front. its list at 18, which means im sure i can get it for 16, and its got a 10/100,000 warranty.

i dont know, thanks for the help though folks. these are trying times for me.

roe, the trip isnt an impulse thing... well, not exactly. its been in the planning stages for months, it just so happens that some stuff fell together and will allow me to go.

the car wont be till after i get back, i'll of course keep you updated. and you should email me your address, cause i havent forgotten about owing you a package and ive actually started getting shit out. ya never know,, it might happen fo ryou.

tearz,

yeah, i was thinking 1.8t for sure. and as far as modifying it... i wont front, i dont really care about all that. i'll get a blow off valve cause they sound tough, and put it on some nice rims, otherwise, i dont really care too much. i'd rather take the money id blow on new exhaust, mods, etc, and fly around the world some more. besides, my license is already suspended as we speak, im sure it wont last too long after getting the car anyway.

seeking/fuck it, nawmean.

seeks,

the sonata is a good deal. yeah the body is a mercedes rip-off, buts still nice looking.

the only thing..the warranty is only 10/100,000 powertrain. bumber 2 bumper is 6/60,000 i think.

ive drove the sonata before. its dope. you could also go for the santa fe, which is a really nice SUV for only a little more.

good luck. im having trouble doing the paperwork shit for my '02 lancer i want. i couldnt get the car i currently have in my own name, long story. fuck.

naw man, the fact that it looks like a mercedez is its biggest selling point for me. those frog eyes just scream 'cash money motherfucker' all day long... plus, with only 10hp less than the gti, and 6 grand less... thats 6 grand i can put into dubs, ya know!

Originally posted by T.T Boy

are you gonna see the eiffel tower?

you should come here and sleep in the haunted romanian broom closet like i do.

haha, your girl didnt tell you? i'm gonna be sleeping in the broom closet WITH you.

viva la hostil

Originally posted by oldenglish

71 Riv laced with gold paint vynl top clean interior knock and rims for no more than 5.

It was originally pulled for 15.

this is bullshit. You know how log i've been looking for a 71 rivi? With the batman sytle back glass and shit. That would be the shit, platinum paint, chrome dubbs, black leather interior. Fresh.

that srt-4 is pretty hot. 215hp stock. i just wish it wasnt a neon, ya know...

i know its wack, but im totally being a label whore about the whole thing.

killtheradio, why no to hyundai?

ok, im going to see the matrix now.

on the hyundai i had a home boy with one it kinda started to fall apart after 6 or 8 months like windows stoped rollin down and door pannels lose little shit but i dont know..and not to much performance...so i say wrx cause man they can get up and go and awd so i dont know....its all up too you but i say somethin with more power then a hyundai...

oh... i think this is very important. If you ever plan on getting rid of the car to get another one i would stay away from anything made in korea. KIA, HYUNDAI, i know there is some more but i have seen some people get really pissed off because they are only gettin 3000 for a car they have a $20,000 loan on.

On another note do not take those "no payments for one year" deals that mitsubishi has sometimes.

Oh yeah and kia's 10 warranty is full of shit. Don't let them trick you.

i didnt really consider resale value yet...

god, theres so much i need to look into. gay. judging by the cost of used vw's, they seem to hold their value fairly well. that srt really impressed me though... shit is fast. its kind of gay that its a neon, but whatever. and the wrx is just too much for me. i cant afford 26k...

seeking...stay the hell away from the hyundai. as one of my friends put it...they have a warranty that lasts that long because they NEED it.

"I can shit in a box and write guaranteed on it. But then all you've bought is a guaranteed piece of shit". something along those lines... from Tommy Boy.

if you can't do the wrx, then just go with the standard impreza. Subaru's are absofuckinglutely bullet proof. these cars go for 300,000+ miles. the only downfall they ever had was rust in the 80's. Subaru is using galvanized steel now, so no rust problems. resale value...especially on the wrx's is phenominal. I can't even find used ones where I live.

gti would be hot also...I just know more about the Subaru's.

thing is... the wrx, as i want it, is about 27k. i can get a 325i, which might not be faster, but i want a hell of alot more, for that. i'm perfectly willing to be ridiculous with this purchase, but every man has his limites. plus, honestly, the body on the wrx does nothing for me. infact, there isnt another car that ive looked at, that physically speaking, i like more than the gti. atleast not one i can afford.

i was gonna try an roll to the dealership today, but it doesnt look like its in the cards. maybe tonight.

sounds like its decided.

I can get you invoice price on the wrx...probably save close to 3k....if that makes a difference.

there's a guy down the street from me that has a couple gti's...one new and one older one. I've meant to stop and talk to him about them...just haven't.

for some reason I thought I remembered someone saying something about an all wheel drive vr6 version coming out. am I hallucinating again or is this for real? anyone?

haha. i ask for advice, everyone pushes me towards the wrx and im like... ummm, no thanks.

what ive been thinking today, is checking into a 'certiffied pre owned' gti. get like a 01, 02, with the warranty (2 yr/24,000 basic and i believe 5 year/50,000 powertrain) and save me 3-5k. if i could scoop a 02 for 16, id be a happy camper. then i could get some real, real hot rims, instead of just some real hot ones. i can also get the scouling(sp?) and all that other shit.

im sooo rambling.

this is totally a case of gettign an idea into your head, and since i cant do anything tangible about it, i just annoy everyone incessently by discussing it at their expense.

sorry guys. :(

Originally posted by seeking

i'll get a blow off valve cause they sound tough

1.8t + blow off valve = trouble.

the audi/vw 1.8t has a recirculating valve which makes a blow off valve a bad idea in these cars. sure it sounds cool, but do you really want to fuck with german engineering? if so, just realize that you are sacraficing the reliabilty of the vehicle just for a cool noise.

leave the BOV to the rice rockets, their motors actually have a use for them.

seeking...

you mean like one of these?

http://www.takakaira.com/accessories/nightpager/na_blowoff.jpg'>

"Once the accelerator is stepped off, the NA Blow Off Valve will generate a sound like a turbocharged vehicle's blow off valve. The sound from the NA Blow Off Valve can be adjusted to be the same as a turbo blow off valve. The NA Blow Off Valve sounds like a real blow off valve in turbo applications. You will not be able to tell the difference on the sound generated between the NA Blow Off Valve & the turbo blow off valve. The sound generated is conspicuous, and will not make one have a second look to ensure if it is genuine."

but seriously dude, blowoff valves are no good on the 1.8t.

it comes stock with a diverter valve, not a recirculation valve... my mistake, but you can upgrade these i guess. forge makes a good one from what i have read.

shit, i guess it doesn't matter what i say anyway. it's going to be your ride... do what you want.

Archived