legal help

rite aid thought i was trying to steal things. apparently when you "conceal" merchandise, in this case, under a sweatshirt, it is shoplifting. today i recieved two papers in the mail. one was a copy of the theft external theft incident report filled out at the store, the other was a Pennsylvania Civil Demand Notification.

on the external theft incident report, section G, the "civil law issued: yes___ no___" section, "no" was checked. what does this mean? are they not pressing charges? the police and the store manager both said i'm never allowed in the store again or it's a violation of tresspass laws and such, and then they would have to press charges and i'd go to court. why would they send me a copy of the civil demand notification if they were not charging me with anything? the law says if i'm charged and if they want to persue it, i ahve to pay back $2.99 plus $150. i'm poor as dirt.

does anyone have any idea about this, it would be greatly appreciated.

i wasn't even going to steal anything.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hah..

you basically got off. they know who you are a and where you live and if they wanted to they could press charges with the documentation they sent you and charge however court costs for the allegged theft of a 2.99 bottle of some shit or whaterver would be like around a grand plus if you took it to trial and you could probably have a good chance of being found innocent. but they know you did it so as long as you dont trespass and get caught your all good.

right?

my homey bought me a six pack.

Archived