UEFA Champion's League

Pinup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statment 1:

The richest leagues usually equal the best leagues.

It doesn't mean they are the most enjoyable to watch.

Statement 2:

From the nationalities of the different coaches I've had over the years, the style of play was determined by where they were from.

Italy = Defensive = Success.... etc. The stereotypes were true.

Most fun coach I've had = English. Most successful = Italian.

Take this any way you'd like.

Originally posted by effyoo

Statment 1:

The richest leagues usually equal the best leagues.

It doesn't mean they are the most enjoyable to watch.

Statement 2:

From the nationalities of the different coaches I've had over the years, the style of play was determined by where they were from.

Italy = Defensive = Success.... etc. The stereotypes were true.

Most fun coach I've had = English. Most successful = Italian.

Take this any way you'd like.

The English League is the richest and the most enjoyable, but not the "Best" that goes to "Espana"

No way would i ever consider a Seria A game boring. It might be noticably toned down but never boring.

At the moment the Premiere League is a treat to watch, mainly because of the ever increasing amount of internationals in every team.

The Spaniards are real exciting to watch, most likely outcome for the champions league final i'm predicting will be AC vs Real.

Milan to take it.

I always go for the Germans in the champions league but this season they've performed terribly.

French Ligue 1 would be worth it if all the french players would f****** stay !!!! as soon as a player gets good, zzzzzip, he's bought off by an italian, spanish, or english team..... on the other hand.... maybe the success of the french team (dont tell me about World Cup 2002) specifically comes from the fact they all get a lot better by playing with people from other countries, whereas, Spain, for example, has many skillful players such as Morientes, Mendieta, Raul etc, who all play in great spanish clubs, but Spain never wins anything with their national team...

conclusion : i don't think i will ever see a big french club win a european title any time soon :(

Originally posted by philistine

No way would i ever consider a Seria A game boring. It might be noticably toned down but never boring.

Of all the Italian games you would think would include some excitement, it would be the Milan derby. I watched about 65 minutes of that game and turned it off. "The Day Britain Came to a Standstill" was far more interesting.

I guess it depends on your personal style or preference. If you like the defensive aspects of the game, then Serie A games are probably a treat.

By the way, when does the Spanish League end?

anyway, the high point of the competion was undoubtedly Real - Manchester....... both matches were beautiful, full of goals, and did not get boring a single second.... i do hope Real makes it to the final so it's not all italian, but real madrid and milan ac have already played in the second phase of groups together....so i don't think it will be a uniquely excellent final whatever happens...

Real would be my choice for the final/title - they play to score more than the opposition rather than tactics or being able to defend. They do look vulnerable at times but brilliant going forward.

as for the Premiership being the most exciting league, certainly has it's moments but the only premiership game i went to see this season was Villa v Fulham (freebie) and it was as dull as ditchwater. I also saw my own team get thumped 8-0 by Sunderland in the worthington cup. More to say about my team than the quality of the premiership.

Serie A games can be dull but have seen a number of good ones.

Premier league top games are exciting but many of the players are like mercaneries - poor atmosphere at many games too.

Spanish league has quality/skill but sometimes lacks some passion.

German games on the whole are boring.

So, Spanish top then premiership/italian equal.

One last question : why does Roberto carlos take free kicks? i don't think i've seen him score one.

Originally posted by Disco Terry

why does Roberto carlos take free kicks? i don't think i've seen him score one.

you're unlucky if you've never seen Roberto Carlos score on a free kick... he is a very dangerous free kick kicker (???)....try and catch an old France Brazil... before 98... the score was 1-1 and R.Carlos scored an amazing free kick from 25-30 meters... breath taking topspin, it looked like the ball was going way off so Barthez didn't even move to try and catch it and suddenly, the ball swerved and * BANG * amazing goal....

(don't ask me why i used * BANG * as a goal onomatopea)

Originally posted by Pinup

you're unlucky if you've never seen Roberto Carlos score on a free kick... he is a very dangerous free kick kicker (???)....try and catch an old France Brazil... before 98... the score was 1-1 and R.Carlos scored an amazing free kick from 25-30 meters... breath taking topspin, it looked like the ball was going way off so Barthez didn't even move to try and catch it and suddenly, the ball swerved and * BANG * amazing goal....

(don't ask me why i used * BANG * as a goal onomatopea)

yeah I remember that, but I don`t think he`s scored from a free kick since, he just takes one almighty run up and it always turns out to be a flop!!

Guest imported_Europe

LOL!

Me and my mates talked about excatly that last time Real played. Why does Roberto always fuck up his free kicks? Then his goal against France in 1998 was brought up... nuff said, best free kick goal ever in my opinion.

For tonight, I hope for Real, my bid is 2-2 though.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Europe

Hahahahahaaha Nedved...

haha, fuck being a greedy dick...thank god zidane score the 'honour' goal...Real was not real today, almost everyone sucked..on the other hand..and with biterness as i type, yuve was fuckin good, they didnt play catenatsio style at all and del pierro's goal was a masterpiece.

thats all gentlemen, champions league is over for me, the cup is in italy and i'll hardly watch the final...

• 2 weeks later...

it's all over kids

Milan is european champion....... which i think sucks seen how they made it (lucky qualification against Ajax, then Inter, and bringing it to the shootouts with Juventus).... at least Juventus did a beautiful match versus Real....... overall the match was really boring, i was predicting 1-0 for Juve though. Props to Europe, who had predicted such an outcome.

Porto vs Milan for the Supercup, i hope the portugese can teach an all star team a lesson...!

props to me cunt since i was the only one who explicitly said that Milan will take it in the final. ;) :)

I got to see the penalites early this morning as i got out of bed for uni, they're airing the replay in about 3 hours.

Some of the penalty taking was unlikely for such a grand match.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Europe

Real must make the final tomorrow, otherwise the final will be all italian and we will get 120 minutes of 0-0 followed by penalties... Boooring.

Real are the true winners of this tournament after those two quarterfinals against Man U.

haha, eureope was correct!

usually i really hate the italian league, but i will have to give it that the match was damn exciting.

but why the fuck would you not play rivaldo in the final of the champions league??

Originally posted by sneak

haha, eureope was correct!

usually i really hate the italian league, but i will have to give it that the match was damn exciting.

but why the fuck would you not play rivaldo in the final of the champions league??

From what I hear, Rivaldo has been an absloute flop to the nth degree at AC. I think they have bought out his contract to get him to leave. I never rated him anyway....

But seriously those were the worst penalties I've ever seen. Why would you pick defenders to take penalties? Wasn't Gareth Southgate proof enough??

Surprisingly good game, though......

Guest sneak

i was shocked by the amount of missed penalites!!

big up for the goalies though.. even though the juve one looked like a fag in his pink shirt.

Originally posted by hulk hogan

blah blah blah blah blah

who's the 13 year old fucker nike signed to a multi-million dollar contract?

Freddy Adu. Some African born kid who is 13 and plays for the US under 17's or something. But there is no way that kid is 13. He's built like a shit-house and looks older than me.....

Archived