Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FLESHEATER

MODEL TRAINS

hey freshly snapper, do you use decal solvent and decal set? shit works awesome might help with the reporting marks fallin off or peeling.. cant wait to see the ich finished

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Freshy.

Dont worry about the weathering. A easy way to do a light weathering is to just brush on a little bit of coffee while the cars on its side. Tip it a little to get that natural dripping rusty look and let it sit to dry. After its dry. You can take a little water to the spots you want to clear up ( with a qtip of small brush). I know it sounds od. But trust me. It works wicked pissa.

I heard of this before, maybe from you on here. Been meaning to try this coffee tech soon

It is HO scale. I am kinda worried about the weathering. I built hundreds of model cars when I was a kid, never added rust though. Heres whats next..

whoa, this is going to be like installing wall paper :p

and post some of those model cars in the models ... not super thread I'd like to see them scales too

hey freshly snapper, do you use decal solvent and decal set? shit works awesome might help with the reporting marks fallin off or peeling.. cant wait to see the ich finished

I have some solvaset but for some reason I remember it messing up decals that I made before. It does work amazing on other decals though I had to use a ton of it building scale motogp bikes.

freshly - that ichabod looks fucking ill! cant wait to see the final. although i have never worked with decals i would suggest trying to cut the letters out only on the ich and maybe hand draw the fumes. use some cheap walmart felt tipped markers and smudge them with your fingers...sounds kind of crazy but the hard cut on the fumes may look kind of off. heres a brief tutorial that may give you a better idea of what im trying to explain..http://www.westportterminal.de/weathering.html#pens

@ fills - yeah, ii thought i would never even consider using decals for graffiti seeing as how i have 25 years of real life experience...but looking at a lot of well done graffiti and weathering, i think im convinced..just scared to really take on the challenge..

my dad does model trains really seriously (he has a whole room dedicated to his layout and modelling shit. but a few years ago he did some tiny graff decals, like n-scale and they looked sick. I gotta find the car and get a flick.

Well it isn't really "done" but the ich is on. It was not fun to put on but i think it turned ok. I had it curl over bad the first try but I had another decal printed and ready to go because I saw it coming haha.

5279624004_d5285c20b8_b.thumb.jpg.8fe5e061a322134f73a90629afea26f8.jpg

• Like 1

well done

this decal was not funny and you handled it well

I agree with Zed and cutting out the letters and with getting the 'hands on it' factor involved

but again, handled well

i have a few cars done by others nothing serious...

anyone want to trade for these three????

5281879702_99fcf38e1a_z.jpg

5281277317_3ca8fab3f2_z.jpg

5281878118_34a04c73f2_z.jpg

I don't even remember how i came across these but i don't need them.. pm me if you want to trade for them

Awesome thread. Ive been thinking of getting into this as a hobby, I do not have any room right now, but I will def. be reading up on it. Im sure it gets to be expensive. But trains are just too nice.

but I will def. be reading up on it.

^^words of wisdom...until you have the space and budget for it best thing to do is read, research, pick up a car here and there, watch youtube videos....and DREAM BIG!!!

i constantly push this forum but it is good for beginners and people looking to seriously get into the hobby.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php (word of advice tho, dont mention that you write.)

and

http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com (these guys are not as conservative about graffiti because it is part of the weathering craft.)

but I will def. be reading up on it.

^^words of wisdom...until you have the space and budget for it best thing to do is read, research, pick up a car here and there, watch youtube videos....and DREAM BIG!!!

i constantly push this forum but it is good for beginners and people looking to seriously get into the hobby.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php

(word of advice tho, dont mention that you write.)

and

http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com/forum/

(these guys are not as conservative about graffiti because it is part of the weathering craft.)

Pm me if you have some of those old HO cryos for sale/trade...

I found mine on ebay. 2 CRYO's and a Simplot.

Walthers Model numbers

932-5450 undec

932-5451 Arcticar Demo

932-5452 Simplot

932-5453 Arcticar/McCain

932-5454 Cryo-Trans/Carnation

932-5455 Cryo-Trans

932-5456 Cryo-Trans/UFF

zed..funny story with that piece...it was never done on a train..Kasa did that with Eon at the Pelham Bay in 86..Someone jacked the piece and then put it on a train...It's one thing to jack the flicks but then to take it to the next level and jack the piece..that is crazy...I always wanted to know if that was decal or someone painted it..

going to look for a Simplot on eBay....