MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Coffee is a great way to get that old dirty look fast and whats real nice about that is, its not permanent if you dont like how it come out. Just give it a little fresh water rinse. Even after its dryed up. Of couse dont just stop at that. But it can give you a great leap into the land of dirt and grime with the quickness.

I was gonna show an example but this newer flcikr format fucks me up.

that building up there is pretty cool. could use a little more depth in the weathering but cool enough

the trucks and wheels on those covered hoppers look outstanding and the RBOXs look great over all

the tip on using coffee - never heard of this but sounds like it would work. I just use paints and pastels

Load Limit, go for it and post pictures here or in GWRXR

actions>all sizes righ click copy url

Thanks man. Thats what i was tryen to do before. But forgot about the all sizes part.

This was posted before. First thing i did was dip it in coffee on it ( let dry ). Then lightly dry brushed it with silver and then sliver mixed with black to make a GUN METAL color. Then added more coffee to it by spoon ( let dry ) and did some small brown and black spot dry brushing. Total time about 2 hours. Including drying time.

4184547557_85253737df_b.jpg

4185399546_a3bb1f6b97_z.jpg

• Like 1

Your gonna need to go wider. No matter how long you go. You are going to need at least 37 inchs width at the ends with the balloons. To make the turn around with out running into derailing your stock. Just something I ran into when I built the layout I have. ( My first ) I think youve seen it?

I Found thats its just easier to just use track thats already make for turns. As opposed to Flex track for that type of turn.

Nah, I know. Im trying to use 86' autoparts cars, these need minimum of 22" radius turns, which means I need much wider than 4'. I'm going to do the l with loops onthe end I think, no worries. I'll figure it out, and I know what I need to do.

I put all my stock on the table

4905643028_c8d1d46a1a_b.jpg

I got faith in ya brudda. Im sure your gonna make a nice layout. Cant wait to see how it comes along.

how does 10ft x 12ft sound for a beginner layout with two yars on each end of a u shaped track sound? any crits / tips ? thanks guys

10X12 is a good chunk of space.

in addition to load limits question, a couple of things to consider - are you looking to model something specific (prototype) or just freestyle. are you intending to build a fully operational layout with details and the whole 9 or do you just want to run trains. what kind of finances and time you have to committ will help you determine these things if you havent already. also keep in mind, 10X12 bench will make it kind of difficult to reach the middle. all that said, still go for it.

if your going the fully operational route, 2 yards in that space in HO scale would be kind of challenging. a fully operational, prototypical yard opens and closes back into the main line. you could always do 2 stud yards (with tracks that end with a bumper). but stud yards are not prototypical to real modern american railroads. stud yards are almost exclusevly found on commuter trains. not saying it cant and hasnt been done with freights especially if there is an emphasis on graffiti - then hell yeah, it looks real dope to have bombed trains lined up in a yard however you do it.

check out this site. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php

talk about nerding the fuck out on this shit..

all right load limit coming along nice...

I know some of you all don't fuck with lionel but this shit is sick the bnsf ice cold express if a had a 1000 bucks i would scoop it... and oh shit the new lionel cryo train looks like lionel is doing big things in 2010

bnsf stuff

http://www.lionel.com/products/finder/ProductDetail.cfm?ProductNumber=6-31783&expandBranch=0&Keywords=&CategoryID=0&RailLineID=&CatalogId=

cryohttp://www.lionel.com/products/finder/ProductDetail.cfm?ProductNumber=6-27278&expandBranch=0&Keywords=&CategoryID=0&RailLineID=&CatalogId=