Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DEAK MAS

MIXING PAINT

The only thing no one has metioned in previos threads is: How full should each can be during the first stage? Common sense tells me each can should be 50/50 when mixing only two cans. Of course the ratio could vary according to desired results. But I want to make sure we are not talking about two full cans.

visit 'The Yard'......

Physics 101

the movement of gases is regulated by three things: temperature, pressure and volume

(increased temperature increases pressure)

(decreased empty volume increases pressure...more paint in the can, more pressure)

gases tend to move from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure

so, following the laws of physics:

chill a can with low volume (less full of paint) to create a can with super low pressure....use a can of higher volume (more full of paint) at room temperature..super high pressure... to spray into the chilled, less full can

word thanx. All I have is shit loads of painters touch though. Rumor is that krylon works best for this shit huh?

I ALWAYS USE A HALF FULL CAN, AND A FULL CAN AT REGULAR TEMPATURE AND IT STILL WORKS...

ITS DOPE WHEN YOU MIX RUSTOLEUM INTO KRYLON BECAUSE IT SPRAYS REALLY WELL AND IS PRETTY FUCKIN THICK......

the best way to learn and get better

is through practice and experimentation

i havent tried all combos..dunno what works best