Girl Skateboards new video "Yeah Right" Review

High Priest

Let me start off by saying that prior to this video i already really liked girl skateboards, but hadn't gone out of my way to make myself familiar with there team (As long as the decks are good, i dont really see a reason why it would matter.)

The video starts with a tribute section to Keenan Milton, with old stock footage from the early 90's up until just recently before his passing. The video then gets underway with a short intro followed by a game of .. i cant exactly explain it, all i can say is that its like passing the board from person to person with one trick per.. and it just gets insane.

The video then follows through with some of the best skating and technical skill ive ever seen, along with probably one of the best soundtracks (David Bowie, Guns n Roses, Under Ground Hip Hop..etc.)

ever on a video.

As far as video comparison.. its better then the zero video and the flip video, and probably the video of the year. Anyway if you get a chance you should check it out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I heard Koston tre-flip noseblunt slid a rail in that video.......but I don't know.and Jesus Fernandez fucked shit up as well.I don't skate anymore but still like watch what's going on......ACL problems.

i'm not a fan of girl skateboards at all. don't get me wrong, they're all really good, but it's like everything is too clean, they all dress clean, land everything clean, it's fuckin boring. they're just like these boring prep-hop dudes who skate really good. i saw some video with that tony trujillo dude--that guy is the real deal. to me that's so much more fun to watch than a girl video. i've never liked any video by them--goldfish, mouse, this new one--and i also can't stand hip hop in skate videos. i'll just watch fruit of the vine over and over again. and i'd rather watch flip, zero, the new black label--any of that stuff is cooler to me than the girl video. and while i'm on the subject, girl boards suck ass. they snap like twigs. i've had 2--a rudy johnson when girl first came out, then i had a rick howard. both of them snapped in the first week and i usually never break boards.

Guest beardo

wtf.. the cheapest ive found this for is $28 online. not even regular movies cost that much anymore. on dvd no less.

garcia.. different strokes. if i had to guess, youre probably into grimey freight pieces too. saul good. girl decks are garbage for sure.

beardo--you got me pegged. i guess i am more of a "grimey freight pieces" type of guy. however, i respect any kind of graf that has style from a hesh and daim 3d production to some transcend abstract stuff--i respect the skill, just not my bag. same with skate vids.

although i forgot--guy mariano has always killed it. however, the best video part he ever had was in blind video daze. that dude was like a little midget just busting the sickest shit--like the late bigspin over the trashcan -or when he did the manual to kickflip on that skinny ass ledge. everyone on that team is definitely a killer skater--i guess i just prefer people who look like they might fall but still land stuff.

Guest im not witty

im downloading this video now. well see. personally i like the kind of videos that make skating look fun again. both tilt mode videos are great in that respect,(louie barletta clown prince) as is the first black label video at times., and pj ladds video still makes me shake my head.

• 5 months later...
Guest Rip Hamilton

Anyone know what bands are in brian andersons and marc johnsons parts????????????? It would be much appreciated!!!

I finally got this dvd and cant stop watchin it! Where was Guy Mariano's part!?!?!??! One trick!!??! fuck, that was my only dissapointment...