Bush for Peace Prize....say Sweer.

FourOneTwo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i wanna see gwb tried for war crimes internationally with the death penalty at end for killing Iraqi innocents and doing business with the motherfucker that ruled without mercy they instituted way back when....

and dont stop at bush....feel free to try the entire republican admin while your at it....democrats and corps to....

this is for the indian.

Originally posted by Zee_Zee

Do you think that it would have been better to wait and see what hussein would have done with his chemical weapons etc. I think what bush did (although i think the guys an idiot) had to be done by somebody otherwise it would have been iraq that was destroying the 'sense of international community'

it's not that it would have been 'better' to wait, it's just that it destroys any sense of due process or needed legitimacy in declaring/waging war. the motives for war were constantly changing.. "find the weapons of mass destruction"..."liberate the people"..."topple the regime".. we didn't think of all these ideas at the same time, they flowed in one after another. we were trying to come up with a justification we could use after the fact. that's pretty scary. we weren't trying to stop an immediate threat, we just made up reasons after we had already decided this is what we were going to do.

by the way has anyone else heard about how dick cheney's oil company is getting privileges to iraqi oil or something?

maybe he'll have five more heart attacks and then die.

but what i meant was, i heard something about how the government gave priority to his company without involving any other oil companies. and i guess people have been questioning whether or not it will affect the 2004 elections.. i don't know the details though

I saw a report on the Cheney/Halliburton bullshit. The most fucked up part is that the govt secretly gave them this contract without telling anyone, or specifying how much money they could mooch of the govt. Other groups which had put out fires in the first war had applied for these contracts, but where told no action had been taken on the oil fires, weeks after they awarded this contract to halliburton(or one of its subsidiaries).The excuse was national security, even though the oil fires where widely anticipated, and spoken about, by all US govt official, well documented by the media and military, yet is claimed as being a neccesary secret for our safety. Bunch of crap. The US govt also announced they will be taking full responsibility of Iraqui oil, gee I wonder what will happen. pS, where are all these WMDs? Im not talking about some bullshit could of been evidence, remember how Bush was claiming Iraq would have Nukes in a few years, that would take a hell of a lot more technology and space than some trailer or desert basement. But these fucken gerbils still pull that "should we have waited for saddam to attack us with all his nuclear and chemical weapons" bullshit like blind morons.

exactly... we've changed our justification for war when our original reasons proved illegitimate. when bush was talking about iraq after the whole afghanistan thing lost media attention, it was all about weapons of mass destruction. then when inspectors weren't finding anything, the emphasis switched hardcore to liberating the iraqi people. granted sadam is an evil guy, i'm just saying, we were set on going into iraq, regardless. it wasn't about weapons of mass destruction, nor was it about liberating the iraqi people. those excuses just sound good and reasonable, and most people buy them. now we're most likely going to establish a presence in iraq as a way of leveraging power in the entire middle east.

Archived