Jackass - sarasota

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by garcia_vega

also, i've never been chased out of more skateparks with guns than i have in florida. (bro bowl, plus some other shitty town ramps by some trailer parks) florida is crazy.

Hahahaha, you got chased out of the Bro Bowl? AHAHAHAHAHA, it's funny but it is a scary place, nestled between the projects and the jail... Actually, I know a few kids who have been robbed there but I never had any problems except with the kids riding bikes through or throwing shit in the bowl... Well, the never threw shit at me either but it would still be in there when I took my runs...

Originally posted by Smart

Hahahaha, you got chased out of the Bro Bowl? AHAHAHAHAHA, it's funny but it is a scary place, nestled between the projects and the jail... Actually, I know a few kids who have been robbed there but I never had any problems except with the kids riding bikes through or throwing shit in the bowl... Well, the never threw shit at me either but it would still be in there when I took my runs...

hmmmmmmmmmmm i get chased by people with wheeled board yelling at my shoes with wheels.

yea dude--this little kid came out, goes over to my friend and says "hey can i try your board" and my friend is from the burbs so he doesn't really know how to act in the projects. so he gives the kid his board, and the kid runs for it. so then my friend chased the kid down and took his board back. then the kid says "i'm going to tell my brother." at that point i said we should get the fuck out of there but my boy wanted to land a kickflip melon grab off one of the humps so he tries it a few times and the little kid comes back with three thugs and they come up to us saying "yo you were fuckin with my brother" and then the heaters came out and we ran like the wind. it would have been pretty dumb to take a bullet over a skateboard but i guess it's pretty funny in retrospect.

damn, I always let the kids ride my board and never had one run but... it would get hectic if I was alone and 6 kids were hounding me... I actually tried to go at the crack of dawn or after dark so the kids would be gone... I honestly didn't realize anybody still had problems out there, it was scary as shit in the 80's...

Right on Arcel...that's the spot, but in the 80's it didn't have that sidewalk around it, that one area on the right wasn't filled in w/ concrete, it was a planter... also it was about 6 inches taller, you used to be able to grind the top edge without lapping over...wow, just thinking about it, I've probably spent a month of my life there...also in the 80's it was called the 'Nigger Bowl' but I was among the first in the community to encourage everyone I knew to call it 'the bowl'...

as opposed to the 'Brandon Bowl' which was kinda like Schaeffer's first skatepark hahahaha

• 6 years later...

Archived