Instruments? Guitars...anything you play...

How many of you play instruments? If so how long have you been playing and what do you play?

I've had a guitar for a few years now, but I have only been playing for a month. Tabcrawler.com is teaching me, I can probably play any song from any deftones cd and a good majority of the Green Album.

I play a rip-off Les Paul. The drum company Premier started making guitars and I wanted a les paul and I saw the guitar for $100 marked down from $500, so I figured it was a bargin. I want a new one but I don't know what to get.

I also DJ, I've been DJing for close to two years. i have one Technics 1210(same as the 1200 only black) One Numark 1900 (No money to buy another Tech.) A Stanton SK2(I bought a focus fader and it's a pain in the ass, it's cool and all, but if I wanna do a party I gotta change the faders.) I had a Vestax 05 Pro II but I sold it to buy paint and records. I like the SK2 a lot better than the 05. I want a 06.

I forget who said it but, "Instruments are like women, you wanna make love to a new one after a while."

------------------

Girls suck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have a computer.

i use it to make extreme noise compositions,

otherwise known as 'power electronics'.

i have/had an mpc for beats.....but i'm selling it

so i can pay rent.....which sucks. i used to play

guitar, bass, drums, piano, clarinet, trumpet as well.

then i decided it was all bullshit.

Originally posted by Clay-Burner:

...I wanna try turntables...

Got for it, I love it. Just dont try it in a band DJs in bands are stupid, I think only Portishead, Massive Attack and deftones have pulled it off. Deftones because Frank doesn't scratch he basically uses the turntables to make effects to compliment the music.

------------------

Girls suck.

turntables

6 years

setup:

2 SL-1200mk2

Vestax 06 (i want that fucking isp07)

ortofon pros

i can play the complete Discharge discography on bass but thats about it

got a korg triton when they first came out but had to sell it to pay every thing....and it payed a lot, belive me

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

I was in the school band from the time I was in 4th grade up until the middle of my junior year of highschool. I because the bands bitch so I learned to play saxaphone (have 2 of them fuckers)trumpet, drums, baritone, tuba, and clarinet, I taught my self to play gutar and I think I have done pretty well with it the past 5 years. I also play piano, and the radio

gemni xl 500 II's

numark dm1oo2x

stanton 5o5 sk's

....i don't have mad cash....

i scratch, beat juggle, and just make breaks...i hate hip hop but sometimes when i can't find the original record i will use the hip hop one.....i love funk,soul and old school hip hop......not this new bullshit....back in the 80's is when it was dope..grand master flash and the furious five, an others....

ive been studying classical guitar for about 5 yrs now..i play proffesionally from time to time...alot of my friend throw the drumand base parties out here in hawaii.

OHANA JUNGLE TURNTABLEISTS who DJ's

all the bros who are really into it refer to it as turntableism .... they must be real...

my boy necron 99 is an awsome jungleist could probably school all of you...

pantelones>>>>> if your learning guitar try getting a classical guitar..you dont have to study classical but the nylonstrings and a wider neck will get you learning alot easier and alot quicker.. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

yah i dj too

like 1 and 1/2 yrs

i only got the numark tt100's(them shits got reverse)

and a gemini pmx 60 mixer (atleast its got crossfade reverse)

i do mostly schratin to rap and hip hop

(i love that first brake to wu-tang clan c.r.e.a.m.)

------------------

"now how can i perfect this? livin' recless, die for my neclace"

-nas

yah it realy was magmatize!

Guest cracked ass

Guitar, 10 years. Still have my first and only guitar and amp...plagued with insufficient funds and nobody wants to jam with me ( http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>) so my music has stagnated for years. I'd need either jam partners (starting with a F@#$%ING DRUMMER) or a 4-track and drum machine to get back into it.

In the absence of that action I make sound and noise collages with just a boom box and blank tapes and a lot of patience.

Cracked, I got you homie, hit my email with a reliable addy and you will be SO in the 21st century... also, I'd love to jam with you, but I hate to jam with people, but mainly because they aren't as smart as you, so... let's do this... I'll throw some of my musical forays on the cd as well so you can vibe styles and such, but I know we can hook this shit...

oh, and Ink Lunatik heard me just screwing around, constanly drunk, but I bet she can back up my steez...

------------------

2 Can Sam

ive played guitar for like, 7 years? somethin like that, bass for maybe 6. i play a danelectro cheapo through a 2 12 crate blue voodoo. i posted my bands mp3 a few days ago, if you wanna here me in action. i just sounded like a fucking dork for saying that.

------------------

poop

right on Racecar, keep talking and you might find a little care package coming your way as well...

I guess if I had to drop an actual number, I've got 15 years on guitar...

------------------

2 Can Sam

care package? SOUNDS NEAT. uh...anyway, i was gunna say earlier but didnt, the weirdest thing about my dan is that i havent played and liked another guitar more than mine. sure, theres better SOUNDS available from higher name brands and models(i have a U-1), but i just cant find a guitar that feels as good. its so damn comfortable and sounds GREAT, even though its danelectros lowest model(i think). i'd rather have this than a $1200 gibson or fender or whatever, just cause i hate how them fancier guitars feel. im done riding danelectros dick now. word.

Archived