MOTHER'S DAY

aislyn

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

All these 'someone's days' are fuckin wack....its just an invention to overcome the rest 364 apathy days.

sent a bouquet of japanese irises and lilies to her work, since i'm too far away to visit her. i'll probably go to my boyfriend's mom's house and bring her flowers too, and just hang out.

i don't care that it's commercialized, why not indulge moms!

i think these apprecation days for people are stupid.. why is it that one day out of the year we're suppose to honor that person is it because the person coming up with this bullshit figured we treat our moms bad 364 days out of the year and that she should get one day to herself or what??? honor your moms everyday...anti-mothers days to the fullest

:krunk:

^^

i agree with beardo.

it's not that we treat mom's bad every other day it's just that i can't get her flowers everyday. do you think your birthday is stupid because people should treat you like it's your birthday everyday.

jeez mom's deserve a lot more, don't begrudge her her own day.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by beardo

kill yourselves. one day out of the year wont kill you. damn 'anti-everything' teenagers..

tsk tsk tsk...fuckin 'pro-everything' adults.....

yes i do think my birthday is stupid...mainly its just another day to me...big wow i get gifts and i get older...please excuse me while i attempt a backflip:nope: and the point of me posting that was why does it take one day out of the year to do something special for the moms? shouldnt it be something everyday..doesnt mean you have to buy her shit... wow one day designated to giving flowers and mushy shit...:scowl:

i once tried to blow it off, because i was always doing nice things, errands, favors for her etc, and also because at the time i was really flat broke and she knew it

she still got pissed.

bottom line, she adores being adored.

this year, i can't visit since the car got fucked, so i had a nice bouquet sent

another good idea though, you can have dinners delivered too...like lobster, clam chowder, etc

mainelobsterdirect.com i think is one place

i was trying to splurge for her at tiffany's..but damn! that shit is really expensive

!@#$%

i agree, i wanna spoil my mom, like she did for me. especially since i'm in the doghouse cuz i forgot her birthday. bad bad me.

i hooked her up with some nice gems for x-mas though.

you should try ebay for tiffany.

i don't care what anyone says, how can it be bad.

if i was a mom, i'd be sad if my kid thought this was too stupid an event to do something nice.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Ube, seriously...it CANT be wrong in any way...on the contrary whatever you'd like to do for your mom is perfectly alright...if you're like that all year long its a great thing..if you're like that only that day, its better than not being like that at all...I diss those days cause i dont think that stuff like that build relationships...if you already have a good one and you give it a little boost on mothers day fine.

Its like birthdays..i have ex's and friends that dont call all year long to say whats up and suddenly once a year they'll do it cause its my bday...i enjoy it at the moment and its 100 times better than not calling at all...but we dont get more close by that.

Anyway, i hope you get what i'm saying...another thing that plays a big role is that in europe these days arent so popular as i see they are in the states, parents dont expect stuff that time of the year...And to display the biggest card here, its a commercial trick, it may work fine for everyone but you know it and i know it.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

no matter how fucked up my mom was/is,

I still love her. She's my mom. She backs

me up on my art, and you gotta love that.

Im getting her some sick gear, a bottle of

a lil sumpin sumpin :) maybe dinner, and some

chocolate, she loves chocolate.

I love and appreciate my mom every day of the year, but I do a little something for her on this day to show her that she raised a damn terrific daughter. My little sister and I are taking her to dinner and I bought her some expensive ass face cream and a bag. I know some think it's lame to celebrate Mother's Day, but I think it's kinda nice for me, my mom, and my sister to make an effort to take some time out of our extremely busy schdeules and spend the day together.

Well I’m not sure. We just started to talk to each other after the whole drama. I think I am sending flowers to her work on Friday cuz I am not sure if they deliver on Sunday. Plus it’s always nice to get flowers during work in front of people. It sure as hell makes me feel special. I know that I am on a budget and she knows that too. She really doesn’t expect much since I’ve taken her out to dinners a lot lately.

My mom and I have a weird relationship. It didn’t exist for about 7 months.

Originally posted by i~hear~voice

i think these apprecation days for people are stupid.. why is it that one day out of the year we're suppose to honor that person is it because the person coming up with this bullshit figured we treat our moms bad 364 days out of the year and that she should get one day to herself or what??? honor your moms everyday...anti-mothers days to the fullest

because it makes them feel good

just read beardo's and jinxed's posts right as i finished mine.. oh well

have we forgot that most of us on 12oz are artist? draw her some shit if you aint got money. I'm not talking graffiti either, unless your mom is into that kinda stuff. Make her a card, its not that difficult. Make her an abstract expressionism piece, that doesn't take too much time. She'll appreciate the effort

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by SteveAustin

I absolutely hate hallmark holidays, but my mom kicks ass. She's put up with my stubborn, idiotic ass for decades and she deserves something for doing so.

AMEN!

its like on FRIDAY the movie,

"Ive smelled your shit for 22 years!"

got damnit! get her something!

asshole!

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by oldenglish

I think im going to paint her a train.

Do it!

2 years ago me and my boy

did a wall for our moms.

Hard to believe that was 2 years ago!

damn time flies.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by SukiSukiNow

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for that get well card, you're the best!

;) gracias! no problema!

Archived