experimenting

rize415

Originally posted by rize415

if by critiquing u mean saying i'll never be able to paint something decent...

I never said you will never be a decent writer. What I said was that experimenting is when you go beyond all normal means and shoot for the stars. It could be something as far off as possible that you know deep down you'll never be able to paint. Much less care to. It could also be something that will inspire ideas that you will be able to paint. If the outline you posted was something you wouldn't normally do, then you were progressing... not experimenting. There's a huge difference. Both are good steps to take, and I would never shoot you down for either. I basically took your use of the word 'experimenting' too literal, on purpose, and saw it as a good opportunity to post something that's been sitting in a folder for years.

The Rize outline isn't bad. If it were me, I would have kept the top bars of the I and Z straight and made the lower case E, upper. The flow of the piece would have been smoother. And I would also have made the I a little higher than the R. The Z a little lower than the I and the E a little higher than the Z. You know what I mean? The straight bottom line thing works good for old California style funk pieces and old Baltimore spaghetti pieces. But when it comes to simples, it just falls short. That's my opinion though..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Tesseract

Jesus joker, thats fuckin sick...brilliant...have you seen some similar stuff that dude from holland ZEDZ was painting on trains for a while?

i recently worked on a group show which showcased some work by zeds and some architects in zee nederlands.

i love that place.. even though the food wasnt anything to write home about.

the clogs... the tulips... the women...

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Al Green

i recently worked on a group show which showcased some work by zeds and some architects in zee nederlands.

i love that place.. even though the food wasnt anything to write home about.

the clogs... the tulips... the women...

Agreed, wonderfull place...was that the project that Delta and some others participated as well?...if yes, its a shame when so dope writers do so weak stuff.

Re: JOKER!

Originally posted by eseLokE1uno

that shit is crazy did you also design it to function?

That was really the whole plan. My whole thing about pieces are that they should be able to function once finished. That if you start from one point it'll basically end up where it should. I know that doesn't make sense to you, but it does to me. All it really means is that every line drawn should have a purpose to the rest. If you're adding lines to fill space, they serve no purpose. They aren't a part of the whole machine. How many engineers do you know of that add dumb shit to fill space in a machine or building? None. Because there's no need for it. And that was my approach to writing back then and I still hold on to it today. The experiment posted above is a working diagram. All steming from the battery and switches. Well, it's a working diagram from what little I know about electricity diagrams.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SPEECHLESS!!!!

NICE APPROACH!! BUT DOES ABSTRACT REALLY EVER WORK? ISN'T IT ABSTRACT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK, ITS NOT SOMETHING ORDINARY, NOT SOMETHING VALID TO WHAT WE SEE AS SOMETHING NORMAL, SO... THE QUESTION!! DOES ABSTRACT REALLY WORK?> (AND I MEAN, OUR ABSTRACT, YOUR ABSTRACT!! OFCOURSE TO NON GRAFF HEADS THE LETTERS THAT WE CREATE ARE ABSTRACT, I LOVE YOUR WORK CUZ YOU TOOK SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY ABSTRACT AND MADE THAT ABSTRACT ((IF THAT MAKES SENSE)) IT DOES TO ME~! BUT YEAH, I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE WHOLE MAKIN IT WORK AND NOT USE USELESS THINGS JUS TO FILL SPACE. I KNOW I DO IT!! I DONT THINK I'VE DONE ANYTHING AT ALL THAT DIDNT HAVE USELESS PIECES ON MY PIECE!! NO BULLSHIT JOKER, YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR NAME TO. PROFESSOR JOKE!! FROM CALLING OUT STYLES THAT PIECES RESEMBLE TO, TO EXPLAININ SHIT LIKE THIS. IF YOU EVER TEACH A GRAFF CLASS REST ASURE I'LL SIT FRONT ROW, AND WILL BRING YOU AN APPLE EVERY DAY!! ;)

Originally posted by Joker

I never said you will never be a decent writer. What I said was that experimenting is when you go beyond all normal means and shoot for the stars. It could be something as far off as possible that you know deep down you'll never be able to paint. Much less care to. It could also be something that will inspire ideas that you will be able to paint. If the outline you posted was something you wouldn't normally do, then you were progressing... not experimenting. There's a huge difference. Both are good steps to take, and I would never shoot you down for either. I basically took your use of the word 'experimenting' too literal, on purpose, and saw it as a good opportunity to post something that's been sitting in a folder for years.

The Rize outline isn't bad. If it were me, I would have kept the top bars of the I and Z straight and made the lower case E, upper. The flow of the piece would have been smoother. And I would also have made the I a little higher than the R. The Z a little lower than the I and the E a little higher than the Z. You know what I mean? The straight bottom line thing works good for old California style funk pieces and old Baltimore spaghetti pieces. But when it comes to simples, it just falls short. That's my opinion though..

gotcha.

That was really the whole plan. My whole thing about pieces are that they should be able to function once finished. That if you start from one point it'll basically end up where it should. I know that doesn't make sense to you, but it does to me. All it really means is that every line drawn should have a purpose to the rest. If you're adding lines to fill space, they serve no purpose. They aren't a part of the whole machine. How many engineers do you know of that add dumb shit to fill space in a machine or building? None. Because there's no need for it. And that was my approach to writing back then and I still hold on to it today. The experiment posted above is a working diagram. All steming from the battery and switches. Well, it's a working diagram from what little I know about electricity diagrams.

I edited what I wrote originally because I'm not an electrician, i live with an electrician and I'm an architect. I cant say for sure whether it would actually function, but the idea and concept are great.

I enjoy "mapping" or relating graffiti and art to the more scientific arts as you have done.

In school I once designed a NYC police station based on Graffiti. The concept was driven more on the letter structure and aesthetic of graffiti, than the culture. I dont feel like describing it now, but the point is the final product "worked" as a functional system where each piece needed the other.

Guest ToYs

Re: Re: JOKER!

WOW. I never really had thought of it in that way until ths day, i could never understand why i couldnt bring myself to ad those dumb little extra lines to make my piece more complete, i was considering trying it too. now im not. thank you.

Experimenting? Sorry kid. When you experiment you take things to a whole new level. Experimenting is best kept for things which you know you'll never be able to paint, much less care to. You experiment with ideas that will break ground.

October 1993... a little experiment I did. Based on electrical drawings from the early 30's and 40's. Says 'SIE' but the E was never completed. Though it's there in it's simplest form... three horizontal lines.

Beautiful..:dazed:

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by rize415

^^^ where are those from?

seattle. those are just his simples, im not gonna post his other stuff for you.

Archived