NIGGER +feelings

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

Yeah like I said, I hope there are no extreme consquences to your words. I might've helped to say "Ok, I'll leave, but I'd like to explain what I meant first..."

then again it could have ended up hurting.

wise words. 'If I have to explain it to you, then you just wont get it'

But more specifically, if the problem as stated doesn't seem obvious to you, then it's likely that it would be a long road in explaining it. It's one of those issues where it's likely part of your ideology or it's not.

Alright well after reading all these replies, some of the have affected me, others not. It is interesting nonethe less to see the difference in opinion regarding such a single word. Pilau Hands, i do understand it. Im not that much of a moran..... And here is an apology letter im writing to them. It might change with time/edit...

To Fellow Students!

As you all know the other day I said a word which some may have deemed offensive. Without further explanation I hereby apologize for any offense caused by my speech.

**WARNING POSSIBLY OFFENSIVE CONTENT AHEAD**

(If you feel this may bother you, please stop reading now.)

It should be noted that mass media uses this particular word in question, quite often. Usually within this mass media, African-Americans use the word in various contexts. Because of this, I was under the impression that its usage is more acceptable now then ever before. What I did not realize is that…

Apparently it is OK for a person of color to use the term, but inappropriate when uttered from a white person’s mouth. At the time I was not aware of such distinction. To further clear the situation I was also under the impression that offensive content was deemed permissible, as decided by classroom vote. However this obviously DOES NOT APPLY, when the content might actually offend someone. Self Censorship is the name of the game and political correctness is the goal.

Free speech is no longer allowed, especially if it might possibly offend someone. So when you decide to utter something which someone might deem offensive, think otherwise. You might be reprimanded at your expense, and branded a thought criminal. Especially within the confines of a college classroom, in a poetry class with the American flag hanging at the podium as décor.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

Dear mr. yuck

you know, i used to aggree with what you said. if my black friends are comfortable with it, why can't i say it around them. my friend, whom we've dubbed "Black Eric" was always proclaiming his darkness at the top of his lungs. it was great. he called everyone a nigger, but that was part of being silly.

then i got my ass kicked for being white. which automatically made me racist apparently. even though the patch on my shorts shows a guy throwing out a swastika and says "keep your country nice and clean". when there's a dozen guys playing hoscotch on your back because of what white people did a hundred some years ago, you think differently. i know i didn't do anything, they know that too. they were just assholes. but when told to call "Pee Wee" (one of the bunch) a nigger, i said "no" and got socked in the face. they said "call me a nigger" again. "No." socked in the face. "say us muthafuckin niggers is the best". "no, i don't have rights to that word" "You want shot, whitey?"

i don't know what i'm trying to say. case in point, it's origins come from hate. the only time it was used was when white people referred to black people in a demeaning manner. that's not cool. that's why i don't like it.

I think i've been slightly missunderstood or perhaps spoken incorectly.

Its funny, the first time one of my black friends called me a nigger i was like "What the fuck did you just say to me?" straight offended and im not even black. But then it started happening soooo much. Its like it became part of my vocabulary just through hearing it so often.

Its not like im a gangster rapper and said nigga every other time i had something to say, but it definately came outta my mouth a lot. i recently stopped saying it but at the same time im not gonna appologize for ever having said it.

I guess the point i was trying to make was that its not hate speech all the damn time just because some one white yellow red or green says it.

i think Some one else said that there are no white societies that have been opressed. If you really believe this then you are niave as hell. Unless you are talking about Anglo saxon white.

On a totally unrelated subject i just moved into a 100% white neighborhood and am having a bitch of a time getting used to watching people jog with their infants walking goldenretrievers, and all this.....i think you call it..... smiling? I dont know how much more of this i can take.

Older people just walkin up and starting conversations about what they read on the front page. Different

Originally posted by Smart

the word 'nigger' is offensive

You should say 'nigra' or call them 'a colored'...

no way, that is what my gramps calls black people. "Those colored folk sure know how to dress for church. All those bright colors and all that gold, shiiiiiit."

WHiteboys got some issues. I want all of you to know the feeling when you see a judge give the guy before you in court half your sentence becauseof your skin color. Or the feeling of cops perpetually harrassing you, with nothing ever short of a half hour detention and constant aggression towards you for what, not who,you are. Or how it feels to be mistaken for the janitor at my own art show, or the store, or anywhere else. Or an your entire civic and social institutions around you designed to make your life harder, because the US govt gives too much to the people they exploited and destroyed less then a century ago, and today for that matter. My point isnt about 1 incident, it's putting up with this bullshit all your fucken life.But I digress, the argument wont change, spoiled ass chumps. If I hear a cracker ever say any racially derogatory term within my earshot, I will break his/her face, or at least put them in their place. Wetback stings a lot more than asshole to me.

Originally posted by Esai

WHiteboys got some issues. I want all of you to know the feeling when you see a judge give the guy before you in court half your sentence becauseof your skin color.

i got a year probation and a $1000 fine on my first offence for stealing a bag of pizza rolls when i was homeless. $1000 fuckin dollars for a $3 bag of pizza rolls. I have been fucked everysingle time i have gone to court with or without lawyers. I had to pay a fine of $500 for telling a cop "Fuck you!" when he just rolled up on me and told me i looked like a drug dealer. I thought shit like this was protected by the first ammendment. Sure it is, unless you say it infront of a grown woman and then it becomes disorderly conduct and im the ass hole cuz he's just out there trying to do his job. $500 for 2 words. Or how about that time i got locked up for a few months because my buddy had an unopened bottle of liquor in HIS car. Some how this violated my probation. The judge didn't even try to hear shit i had to say even with a witness in the court room. Fucked up legal situations aren't just a minority thing, believe that.

edit--> i'd hate to see what happend to the black guy behind me.

Im black, and I see no problem with what he said.

He didnt make up the term 'wiggers' or 'niggers'.

And he didnt even call anyone a name. He simply asked about wiggers, and told them that it means a white nigger. Whether its a good or bad word doesnt matter, thats what it means. He didnt call black people niggers. He didnt say anything wrong. Dont write a letter of motherfucking apology. And you shouldnt have left the classroom. Tell him they asked what it meant and you said what it meant. If you keep everything offensive out of the classroom you wouldnt learn about alot of shit. Go tell your teacher youre offended by the word 'the'. So anyone who says it gets kicked out. Really do that, just to be an ass and to prove a point.