volkswagen sport tuning..

taper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'll try and kick things off with the Dahlback Golf RSI..

http://home.worldonline.es/guinaldo/galeria5/dahlback7.jpg'>

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/golf_dahlback_backl.jpg'>

to me the design is ingenious...Dahlback is one smart cookie.

AWD Equipped with a inline 5 cylinder engine fed by an Audi IMSA turbocharger (which apparently is huge)....no room for the radiator up front because of the larger sized engine, turbo, plumbing, and intercooler(s) so he mounted it in the back tailgate w/ fans and an air scoop on the roof to catch air to blow thru the radiator when the car is in motion. Wow.

the dahlback gti has 900hp! i have a vid of it doing a 4wd burnout

vws are dope but kinda costly to mod and power wise you are somewhat limited. ive got a 2001 gti 1.8 turbo with hella smoked tails and black vw badges, goin stealth. i need some $$ to get some fuckin power mods but im getting raped from insurance.

check out www.vwvortex.com www.20vturbo.com www.club18t.com

my boys dad owns 7 veedubs.

one of which is a 1986 synchro vanagon. its got a sweet system and a gas stove for cooking nachos while really drunk.

hes busy ordering some sweet parts from peru or something.

his ghia owns.

thats cool. i hope there is more responses to this thread. me personally i have a 91 gti 60:eek: soon to be turbo:D ! i kinda blew my charger and i have been accumulating the parts necessary to go turbo. im not sure what kind of figures ill be able to put down but in the 1/4 with slicks i hope to run 14's. i should have it in bythe ebd of the month so ill try to post up some slips for you guys.;)

http://www.superbeetles.com/galleries/gallery_images/71sb2.jpg'>

1971 Super Beetle

1600cc dual port with chrome dress up kit

13x 5.5 inch rims with 175/50/13

4.5 inch adjustable struts from Latest Rage and cut springs for a 6 inch drop.

Lowered 3 inches in back.

Front seats from a Mitsubishi Eclipse

New headliner, door panels, and dash.

Scat shifter.

Guest TEARZ

yes.

2002.5 GTI 24v vr6

25th ann body kit

hella smoked ecodes

eibach prosystem springs & dampeners

neuspeed sways

uhhh, many wheels- now going for 18" BBS CH

many more things that i forget right now.

it's fun, but the thing is a $ pit and i need to stop.

that rsi is a juggernaut.

Originally posted by TEARZ

yes.

2002.5 GTI 24v vr6

25th ann body kit

hella smoked ecodes

eibach prosystem springs & dampeners

neuspeed sways

uhhh, many wheels- now going for 18" BBS CH

many more things that i forget right now.

it's fun, but the thing is a $ pit and i need to stop.

that rsi is a juggernaut.

you have any wheels you wanna sell?:D

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by taper

you have any wheels you wanna sell?:D

i just sold 18x8 BBS RCs.

I have some 17x7 OEM Monte Carlos w/ pilot sports, perfect condition, not sure if that's what you're looking for...

i'll get some pics up soon. johnny must have some pics somewhere...

all i can say is....

fuck a corrado....i swear to god. i feel like i drive a bentley every time this thing goes into the shop. i honestly dont have the slightest clue why this thing has such a cult following.....its like the VW engineers got drunk and let some crackhead design a car for them. even the fucking "VW only" shops wont work on these things!!!

dont get me wrong...im still buying VW....but the next time around the damn thing is going to have a warranty and the minute it expires is the minute i sell it....my volkswagen reminds me of having a supermodel girlfriend who keeps getting drunk and wrecking your apartment....i fucking hate the thing but i cant bring myself to drop it....

I fucking love corrados, I've been looking for one just to kick it with......some motherfuckers really are trying to rip a fella off.12900 for 180000 klicks a srcatched up front body kit and read,roof is peeling like a motherfucker...........I said 8 he walked off............it's been for sale for like 8 months ..he's gunna be crawling back to me.

Re: all i can say is....

Originally posted by boogie hands

fuck a corrado....i swear to god. i feel like i drive a bentley every time this thing goes into the shop. i honestly dont have the slightest clue why this thing has such a cult following.....its like the VW engineers got drunk and let some crackhead design a car for them. even the fucking "VW only" shops wont work on these things!!!

dont get me wrong...im still buying VW....but the next time around the damn thing is going to have a warranty and the minute it expires is the minute i sell it....my volkswagen reminds me of having a supermodel girlfriend who keeps getting drunk and wrecking your apartment....i fucking hate the thing but i cant bring myself to drop it....

boogie now that i find u drive a vw you just got that much cooler!!!!

just ordered my turbo kit for the gti g60. i got a turboxs rfi bov too. supposed to be able to hear it from blocks away. and yes boogy i know the gladder motor is a pain in the ass but hpoefully my new setup will yield better results. ill keep you guys posted.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

"hey dudes, lets spend 10000 dollars on mods for a car that breaks down every other day... yeah! rock on dudes."

yes but its still not a honda which makes me happy my 10k will mak me car go fast and not look like a grocery getter with a park bench strapped to the back.....or some terrible ill fitting body kit or 35lbs of vynyl...... that adds 100hp i thought...

Archived