SOMALIA

KaBar

Re: Chicken Bone

Originally posted by KaBar

The real problem we had in Somalia, as I said before, was Clinton sending our guys in there without overwhelming force to back them up, so that the Somalis would have the good sense to not attack us. I think (I hope) that's a mistake our people will never make again--it came from lack of military experience on the President's part. Clinton should have left the generals alone to run the show, but instead, he interfered, and cut back on the size and strength of the Somali "humanitarian mission."

I think you're ignoring the UN's role in this and unfairly heaping shit on Clinton. He sent the troops at the UN's request, there were landing craft full of Marines floating just off shore but they were not allowed to 'invade' to support our dying soldiers. Clinton also had nothing to do with the failure of regimental command to fully account for the missing, leaving quite a few to walk back to the base...

Anyway, I blame the UN and their idiotic rules of engagement, and I blame the US military for not laerning that lesson in Vietnam.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by T.T Boy

fuck your troops protecting americas intrest.

america doesent give a fuck about any country unless they have something to give the us in the end.

So? This is the way I treat people in my personal life. I get some palpable benefit from each of my friends, even if it's just someone to talk to. If they have nothing to offer me socially, or if they treat me poorly then they can just move the fuck on... or pay me.

You can hang out with people that suck if you want but I got no time for that...

Originally posted by T.T Boy

fuck your troops protecting americas intrest.

america doesent give a fuck about any country unless they have something to give the us in the end.

That is because America is not a counrty, it is a business, with george bush as CEO.

But i think that is pretty much how all politics and all countries run so you might as well say fuck the world.

Re: KaBar and Smart

Originally posted by FUCK_ISRAEL

do you guys consider your lives more valuable than the lives of any two guys in Somalia?

of course I do, my life is the most valuable thing I know of on the planet. Without it my production cuts to almost nil.

all people are created, who they trun out is a crap shoot.

why F_I? thats a wierd name form someone saying all people are equal.

None of those goverments pose an iminent (sp?) threat to American Interests. For good or for woe.

All Humans are rather obviously not "equal"

Some are more intelligent than others. Some are richer, poorer, taller, more attractive, have better teeth, etc., etc., etc. People may be equal before God, or under the Law, but other than things like that, they are clearly not equal.

I think a good case can be made that all men (people) are created equal. But once born into this world, myriad forces and conditions, etc., begin to take effect. I bear the Somalis no ill will, but myself and my family are far, far, far more important to me than all of them put together. No reason to get all snippy about it, I have as much right to prefer my own as they do. I'm sure to the average Somali, himself and his family outweigh the entire West and everybody in it. Good for him.

Equality under the law, and "all that" refer to potential. While there are no official, legal classes of the "peerage" here, like there was/is in UK, we still have a sort of economic, social aristocracy.

Me and Joe Blow are both born on the same day, in the same town, to mothers who the same age, etc. I choose to fuck off in school, and go ride freight trains. Joe, on the other hand, makes straight "A's" and earns a full scholarship to Stanford University.

Ain't nothing equal about that, whatsoever. Joe will wind up being a well-off, well-educated businessman, or entrepreneur. I wind up being a moderately well-read registered nurse who will never be rich.

Maybe Joe was born in the rich part of town, and I was born in the working-class, blue-collar suburbs. Economically, he's got it dicked, and I must struggle from paycheck to paycheck. Nothing equal about that.

But I could have chosen to study hard, and did not. Our potential was roughly equal. But outcomes are not, and should not be, assured. Anybody who has what it takes can become educated, and very possiblyrewarded with wealth. Those who choose not to do so, are not so rewarded.

But I bet riding a Antonov transport into a dirt dope smuggler's airstrip loaded down with Ak-47's, RPG-7's and khat, and praying you don't run over a land mine must be one awesome adrenaline rush. Hoo-yah! Life in the motherfuggin' fast lane, without a doubt.

The True Story of Blackhawk Down is on the History Channel right now @10pm in the Eastern timezone... I guess I missed the first hour, but it's interviews with the soldiers that were there and a detailed account of the entire event...

Archived