Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Photography Thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last time I was here in this thread was in 2010. What's up 2020 12oz.

Posted Images

More xmas stuff

8248864440_0c54526143_c.jpg

I got another gig! There is some Italian film screening going on and a banquet event after and they asked me to come and take some photos. It isn't paid for (i get to watch the screening for free and free food and drinks) but I think it's a good way to get my name out there and build up some work experience.

Any thoughts? Did you guys work for free at the beginning?

• Like 1

I got another gig! There is some Italian film screening going on and a banquet event after and they asked me to come and take some photos. It isn't paid for (i get to watch the screening for free and free food and drinks) but I think it's a good way to get my name out there and build up some work experience.

Any thoughts? Did you guys work for free at the beginning?

I don't work for free but sometimes I volunteer to help someone who I think is talented and doing and interesting project. People don't always have the means to pay you but lending a helping hand can go a long way.

8230586499_ae0eee0bff_z.jpg

ice by inhale kilz, on Flickr

8230590547_4918a7bff1_z.jpg

ice by inhale kilz, on Flickr

Shot with the pre-production leica monochrom when I had it in the summer. 10,000 iso.

8250186355_6c5f624381_z.jpg

10000iso by inhale kilz, on Flickr

I sold my M6 today, feels weird. I kept my lenses though.

• Like 1

Those are super nice waffle. Props.

As for free work, I'd say you're being compensated with food and drink. Free beer is usually a good enough motivator for me. I've done family shots for friends for 12 packs of beer or help on something else at a later date. Plus, it's kinda nice to get some experience. When else would you be able to walk around sticking a camera in people's faces without looking like an asshole?

..haha, they didn't!

Friend of mine told me about that thing some months ago,

I definately thought he was kidding me.

Ha!

Would love to shoot that thing, but 8k is a tad much!

Do you have one now, or what do you shoot your M glass with?

My friends and I were asked to do a review of the camera in August. We got it before it came out serial #8. It's on youtube. Until yesterday I shot my m glass on an m6. Now I'm between bodies. I shoot my gr1v and yashica t4 more than I ever shot the leica ahah. It just suits my drunk shooting more.

i had the inside sprocket break off of an ae-1 winder before

camera shop said they couldnt get parts

i tossed mine let me know if you're able to repair it

i managed to repair it... after a fashion, and needed a bit of help, i don't think it's totally sound, the arm still feels a bit bent and flimsy but as long as i'm pretty careful with winding up the film i should be ok...