Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrChupacabra

The Photography Thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4955978840_c5da1360ed_b.jpg

messed around with tilt shifts its kinda meh :/

i like the colors not a fan of the blur u added and u need Higher elevation if ur doin a tiltshift. jus from my experiance

Good thing you quoted the last photo posted in the thread, I would have been lost reading your comment.

These are from last night, sorry about the watermarks, too lazy to double up on the sizing/uploading.

2010_09_04_1844_25.jpg

2010_09_04_2019_26.jpg

2010_09_04_2134_28.jpg

2010_09_04_2134_27.jpg

2010_09_04_2140_29.jpg

2010_09_04_2154_30.jpg

2010_09_04_2202_31.jpg

2010_09_04_2204_32.jpg

2010_09_04_2206_96.jpg

i like the colors not a fan of the blur u added and u need Higher elevation if ur doin a tiltshift. jus from my experiance

yeah i was just messin' round with it ive done other tilt shifts that are better like this one..

4628449454_f1a2f1aab6_b.jpg

If what you're trying to do is a miniaturization you basically want to use the lens blur caused by the tilt to appear as though it's a macro.

You have to think where a focal plane would begin and end and rotate the lens until the tilt blur mimics a short focal plane.

Having a higher or lower view of the subject only works if you get that false focal plane dialed in.

I like tilt shift stuff but generally use it to distort the perspective or give an overwhelming drunken feeling,

I rarely go for the miniaturization effect.

@short fuse i know what you mean =/ oh well

4965000847_5045cdf604_b.jpg

i made a gif in photoshop too but you can kinda see my face so idnt wanna post it

I shot last night's Houston Texans preseason game. It was my first NFL football game. Anxiously awaiting the real thing! First game is against Peyton Manning's Colts!

can't wait to see the colts/texans shots. i'm a huge colts fan. i got to shoot at their training camp last year, nothing too exciting though. but seeing what you post might make me wanna go back through my archives and re edit some.

Been a while since I posted -for some reason my flickr flipped to french, real hard to figure out the shit in a language you don't know...

4968311391_d6ff15df3d_z.jpg

4968918302_80fbcee0ef_z.jpg

4968311725_3c814839a2_z.jpg

4968918888_e69e1875f6_z.jpg

4968312393_df979cd8de_z.jpg

4968919398_8e1ce20a03_z.jpg

4968312731_68089fd75f_z.jpg

4968313033_b62396390f_z.jpg

4968919988_b1ce5db10b_z.jpg

4968920236_302be19aa9_z.jpg

word. thanks. any other feedback would be great. anyone? i really want to get into school to learn a little more and get that constructive criticism.

what do you want your photos to say? i've seen many many many photos like the ones you just posted, what makes them work or not is if you have a perspective to it, a further message.

I haven't ever taken any photography classes but notice acedemic photographers mainly like shots of people.

I guess having more portraits and candid shots would probably help the portfolio.

Mayor mean beans said it better, don't get me wrong though, I've always dug your shots.

i'm glad meanbeans is catching on - i need to hit up raven on a name change haha..

to be a little bit more specific: schools love to hear "my photos talk about the decline of the community", when its really just a photograph of a highway, etc.

not saying that you should do that, personally i think alot of that is bullshit. it seems you bench a lot - why not do a project along these lines: "politicians often talk about the need to secure our transportation infrastructure - ports, railyards etc. Yet billions of dollars later, I can take these pictures of railyards, completely unimpeded."

i read an interview with a really famous photographer the other week and he talked a lot about how the proliferation of camera tech means that anyone with half a brain can take a nice picture. what it takes now to be a photographer is a storytelling capacity - the ability to take a series of photographs that taken together, evoke a theme, message or something that really makes the viewer stop and say, "wow - never thought of it like that before"

everyone has seen flyover highways. your job is to answer the question, 'so what?'

• Like 1