The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I love your spots. Great shots. I Wish I still had my good spot...

here are some recent scans.

6351166167_c38c37f70f_z.jpg

6346146430_37afef4cce_z.jpg

6346146782_2abf767f84_z.jpg

6348642955_dff8b6988e_z.jpg

6351775622_86b46db7cc_z.jpg

Thanks man. The black and white train track shot was a great spot until I got busted there last week by a Union Pacific cop. Dude was such a dick about the whole thing-threatened to take my camera gear, arrest me, give me a trespassing ticket, etc. I'm figuring that particular yard is hot right now as I've flicked it before with workers around and no one has ever said shit to me. Glad he didn't take my gear though-I would have rather spent the night in jail haha. Luckily there's no shortage of other yards near me though :p

YOu know its illegal for them to take your gear, unless they arrest you, in which case you should get a receipt for it. They are just blow hards, and will tell you whatever they think will scare you.

Yeah I figured dude was just trying to fuck with me I was getting so pissed of the bad cop routine I was like look dude either ticket me or just let me go already. He let me go with a warning. Plus if he arrested me I'm assuming he would have had to call Oakland police to come take me away and something tells me it wouldn't even be worth their time to take someone in for trepassing in a train yard when they have better things to worry about.

YOu know its illegal for them to take your gear, unless they arrest you, in which case you should get a receipt for it. They are just blow hards, and will tell you whatever they think will scare you.

Yeah I figured dude was just trying to fuck with me I was getting so pissed of the bad cop routine I was like look dude either ticket me or just let me go already. He let me go with a warning. Plus if he arrested me I'm assuming he would have had to call Oakland police to come take me away and something tells me it wouldn't even be worth their time to take someone in for trepassing in a train yard when they have better things to worry about.

So question for people on here that do event photography in low light with no flash. what settings do you generally use to shoot? i got to shoot slayer a few weeks ago and wasn't allowed to use a flash so i cranked my ISO up to 1600 and was shooting at 5.6 I feel like most of the pictures I got are really grainy when you zoom in where as I've seen other people shoot at that high of an ISO and their pictures look so crisp. maybe it's due to the fact that my camera is 4 years old at this point and i'm sure there's way better stuff on the market now. this is the best photo I feel I got of them...

slayer.jpg

That's pretty rad.

When I was shooting a lot of shows, I was using an old point and shoot camera that had manual settings on it. I'd use the widest aperature and tried to get the fastest shutter speed I could, sometimes it was only 4. I'd take a ton of pictures. I'd try to time my shots with the light patterns, shooting when more of the stage lights were on. I'd also try to time my shots when the subject was the most still. Oh and I'd usually try to find something to brace my camera against to help hold it still.

I don't think I usually used a higher ISO than 800. Too grainy with the camera I was using.

I'm not a pro by any means, just used to see a lot of bands live, and always shot any shows I went to.

60619295_920913fe90.jpg

That's pretty rad.

When I was shooting a lot of shows, I was using an old point and shoot camera that had manual settings on it. I'd use the widest aperature and tried to get the fastest shutter speed I could, sometimes it was only 4. I'd take a ton of pictures. I'd try to time my shots with the light patterns, shooting when more of the stage lights were on. I'd also try to time my shots when the subject was the most still. Oh and I'd usually try to find something to brace my camera against to help hold it still.

I don't think I usually used a higher ISO than 800. Too grainy with the camera I was using.

I'm not a pro by any means, just used to see a lot of bands live, and always shot any shows I went to.

60619295_920913fe90.jpg

I tried firing off some photos at 800 ISO and it just wasn't cutting it. The ones I shot at 1600 def look better. I've shot a lot of bands but this was the first time I couldn't use flash so it was def all about firing off a lot of shots. I think I took 100 or so and I like how about 40 of them looked after editing. I guess it's just trial and error. Thanks for the advice!:p

I'm not sure that's someone else's flash, might just be a stage light. But I have caught other people's flash before and it is cool.

This was sort of an experiment:

6355369169_ee24751e68.jpg

An EVADES tag on a train car shot with a Holga with some close-up filters on it (a macro shot). I framed it wrong, though, and the first E is out of frame. I want to do some more Holga macro train shots, haven't had much of a chance to mess around with my Holga macro set up.