The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Get a Leica waffle braaah! The G2 silver body still runs about $600+ on eBay so if you save a bit more you'll be in Leica territory. And technically in love at the same time.

My next life goal is a Hasselblad Xpan, although that's long term. Don't really need it at the moment. Although they do produce some magnificent photos.

Anyway, I'm gonna go get some new shoes for work tomorrow and finish a roll, probably collect it on Saturday.

Much more regular shooting/posting from now on.

Nice, I've been considering a g2 if I can't hold off till a leica...

You should get a Voigtlander Bessa R4M if you can't wait for a Leica. Body prices are about the same as a silver G2 and it's an M mount so when you do get a Leica you can just sell the body and keep the glass.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-USA-Voigtlander-Bessa-R4A-R4M-w-28-2-Leica-M-Mt-/280624900274?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item41568c28b2

The Ultron 28/2 is pretty sweet, I'll probably be getting one in a few months, unless I can save for a Leica 28mm :D

But you should just hold out for a Leica haha, but IMO the Bessa is a better choice if you can't wait.

I love that there are so many great photographers participating here. Love seeing all your stuff.

Because I've been jonesing for the desert...

2934888630_e9b05b84ac.jpg

Joshua Tree National Park.

3216493503_15c3cff63c_z.jpg?zz=1

Niland, CA.

4555179155_554f5acc77_z.jpg

Yermo, CA.

3734502391_76f32e411c_z.jpg?zz=1

Bombay Beach, CA.

4897991018_c9046f4f2d.jpg

Llano, CA.

3666020773_17ee462ae9_z.jpg

Bombay Beach, CA.

3674637421_cc520cc4e9_z.jpg?zz=1

Bombay Beach, CA.

I might just have to get up at 3am and drive to Yermo to shoot before it gets too hot in the day.

Nice stuff Chop, that bee photo is sweet.

Load Limit I would have grabbed that off you if it was a month ago, but I've made the decision now to get rid of all my DSLR gear. Haha.

Found a Leica M8 in London so hopefully I should have it within 2 weeks if I can sort out customs/shipping shit today. After a lot of research I've found that most of the IR issues and magenta colour shifts have been fixed/are now a non-issue. Awesome!

Nice stuff Chop, that bee photo is sweet.

Load Limit I would have grabbed that off you if it was a month ago, but I've made the decision now to get rid of all my DSLR gear. Haha.

Found a Leica M8 in London so hopefully I should have it within 2 weeks if I can sort out customs/shipping shit today. After a lot of research I've found that most of the IR issues and magenta colour shifts have been fixed/are now a non-issue. Awesome!

just in a firmware update? or with IR filters? how much are you paying for it?

just in a firmware update? or with IR filters? how much are you paying for it?

Firmware I guess, it's not a new camera by any means and Leica just released another firmware update. Which is pretty good seeing that they're still supporting 2006 technology. I've seen a lot of people shooting some amazing stuff with no filters though.

Anyway, I'm getting it in all the original packaging and with a warranty for the dealer in London for $2400, perfect condition w/2 filters.

Then if I'm really fussed once the warranty is out I can send it to Leica for their M8 upgrade service.