The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

like that redscale qsysue

yeah after not shooting in front of people (hardcore show pics) or in front of people in general

i get a bit embarrassed of asking to shoot peoples portraits on the street

i've missed a bunch of good ones too. i saw some mental lady peeking through a mini van window looking for some unknown stalker, light/reflection was perfect. i felt bad

i have to get over that. I don't talk too much even at work

so it makes it a bit difficult to approach people and take their picture. but subject matter is getting boring...

oh yeah i found out why i was having problems with the polaroid its iso is 80 not 100 that i was metering for. duh..

I'm really shy about approaching people--even people I know--and in general I hate doing portraits of people. Candids are a different matter. So I know how you feel. But one thing that might make it easier for you is to do a "100 Strangers" project--or just tell them you are. Trying to take photos of 100 strangers, I mean. (I love the idea but could never actually do it. It'd require, you know, talking to people.)

I have a Flickr contact who shoots with a Hasselblad or something like that, and he has a rule that if anyone asks him about the camera, he has to take their picture. I like that idea too.

If you can get used to blending in to what's around you then shooting people is easy. If you come across mad awkward trying to get a snap then people are gonna react, but if you act casual you should be fine. All about being comfortable in the environment you're in.

A lot of the time once people spot you they even let you take another photo.

When you ask you lose that moment you're trying to capture, but if you do just want a portrait of an interesting person just go up to them and say you're documenting the city for a personal project if you don't feel comfortable asking for a shot without reason. Most people are cool with it

this is the only lighting photo i've gotten.

12-suprise.jpg

holy shitty scan and this is in my way old photobucket. i'll do a rescan soon

pentax spotmatic , no idea what film. 1 of 3 shots while 2 of my boys were swimming:D

new page. here's a few from this old photobucket while i'm in there

5.jpg

chalf.jpg

melnel.jpg

chall2.jpg

shaftway.jpg

ccar.jpg

12-sleep.jpg

cycbird.jpg

i apologize for how awful these scans and copies are.

That cat is so graceful. I like to underexpose redscale---makes it a deep red rather than the yellow tones. I like the yellow tones, too, but the red is just so intense. Like this:

4899849492_0f304e882d_z.jpg

Tested out a camera someone gave me the other day--walking around in 90+ degree heat:

5964957302_fe5fbea061_z.jpg

Kodak Pony 135C. Has light leaks but this frame was ok. Slight light leak on left side.