The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so i the studio that i was managing closed its doors due to poor (BEFORE ME) management by the owner. she didnt pay rent for the past 6 months putting us 50k in the hole not to mention aaaaaaaaaaaaall the overdrafts and fees because i think she was pocketing the money. got 2 d700's and a couple of photogrenics strobes out of it tho. now i gots to hustole to find a new job. thought it be interesting to post/vent here lol

so I shot this photo last night and while I really like it I also feel like there's something a bit off about it. I converted to black and white because there was way too much green in the photo and it was way distracting. maybe I don't like the graininess of it? I can't quite put my finger on it, but any opinions would be great.

5890035720_c050ab827c_b.jpg

Still having some problems with the t1i kind of stalling. Got new memory card, will try tommorow. Hey emen what should the settings be for shooting shots like this???

5889164399_024f84f379_b.jpg

I think it turned out cool- but everytime i would go to take a pic it would stall, or wouldn't even take photo after focusing...WTF

Couple of randoms

4918782335_4cd8c02c9b_b.jpg

5698584562_a253e15e6f_b.jpg

5566695302_80d0ff34b0_b.jpg

5302386845_ae7352e88b_b.jpg

5156146677_bd40193303_b.jpg

5562974107_17244698d6_b.jpg

so I shot this photo last night and while I really like it I also feel like there's something a bit off about it. I converted to black and white because there was way too much green in the photo and it was way distracting. maybe I don't like the graininess of it? I can't quite put my finger on it, but any opinions would be great.

5890035720_c050ab827c_b.jpg

I like the grain. It looks like nothing is quite in focus though?

Still having some problems with the t1i kind of stalling. Got new memory card, will try tommorow. Hey emen what should the settings be for shooting shots like this???

I think it turned out cool- but everytime i would go to take a pic it would stall, or wouldn't even take photo after focusing...WTF

For something that far away you shouldn't use on camera flash and probably need a tripod and long exposure to do it right.

As for the stalling, when it's that dark out your autofocus will not work and you usually have to focus for the shot manually.

The only exception to that rule is if you have a built in illuminator that can light up objects that are close or use TTL or another light source.

A good trick I've seen some people use is take one shot using flash (TTL) to get the right focus for the shot,

then switch to manual focus and keep the focus and distance to the subject exactly the same then retake the shot without flash.

• Like 1

5889164399_024f84f379_b.jpg

I think it turned out cool- but everytime i would go to take a pic it would stall, or wouldn't even

try manually focusing and if you shoot at F/16 (Manual Setting) it will give you a depth of field thats less shallow and with a longer shutter speed you will get a sicker flick. Oh yes and if you havent invested in one get a tripod and remote shutter to minimize camera shake. Pretty much experiment with different lengths of exposure.

if you even wanna meet up to catch some flicks hit me up.

• Like 1

You know its funny waffle. I saw the kid and I liked how the advertisment was looking directly at your skateboard subject. I said to myself "awesome but Ill finish the page before I reply" ahah then I see your other post questioning the sight of the kid.

Just wish the kid would be more visible, his expression is awesome.

5891418343_8e579dc767_z.jpg